Thunderfury Research & Testing [Proc, Threat, Elemental]

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Thunderfury Research & Testing [Proc, Threat, Elemental]

by Netherfrost » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:43 am

You can usually always apply all debuffs to encounters, however, if they stack is the true question. Same goes for Rivenspike and Faerie Fire.
Netherfrost
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by secondary » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:08 am

showtime wrote:
Youfie wrote:
showtime wrote:wf cant proc off windfury. blizzard changed that in middle of vanilla or something

also windfury is not suppose to proc off anything but auto attacks either. maybe extra attack from hoj but for sure not abilities (other then stormstrike)

Are you saying WF shouldn't proc off Sinister Strike or Mortal Strike ? Why wouldn't it, if it does from Stormstrike ?

yes this is what im saying

blizzard specifically made so it could proc off stormstrike. those other moves should not proc it

Not true. Windfury got nerfed so sunder armor wouldn't proc it anymore. Even this change was reverted again and sunder procs WF in 1.12.1. If you throw arround claims then at least try to proof them with anything else then your memory.
http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/75 ... ury/page-2
secondary
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hatson » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:17 pm

WF proc extra hits can also proc TF effect. (Sorry I don't remember if it's been mentioned here yet, just felt I'd mention it.)
TF's pre-nerf state (or at least, not the worst state it was in) + WF totem = all the more scarier amounts of damage and threat.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Armilus » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:58 am

showtime wrote:wf cant proc off windfury. blizzard changed that in middle of vanilla or something

also windfury is not suppose to proc off anything but auto attacks either. maybe extra attack from hoj but for sure not abilities (other then stormstrike)

It proc'd off of abilities until the 1.12 BETA. They were considering the change because all the horde warriors were using hamstring as a rage dump for flurry and WF procs. Everyone freaked out and they decided not to make the change.

In short, they thought about making it the way you say it worked, then they changed their minds and did not.

Proof:
http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/73 ... ry%20+proc 19th post
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by showtime » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:50 am

ok well i guess im wrong sorry then i thought vanilla to tbc was the same mechanic for windfury totem and i know in tbc abilties dont proc off windfury totem

well to me thats to over powered but what do you expect fucking warlocks hitting for 4k shadowbolt crits while ret paladins get to crit for 400 from auto attacks now we got windfurry warriors proccing windfury every second plus whirlwinding and mortal striking

fuck blizzard
showtime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mav » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:09 am

Too bad that Koopa will take the first TF and you will never get it.
Mav
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Armilus » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:53 pm

Mav wrote:Too bad that Koopa will take the first TF and you will never get it.

First and second actually, sometimes he might want lifestealing, other times he might want crusader.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Grave » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:24 pm

Thunderfury - Live Testing on 16/11/2015.

I conducted this test in 3 parts; to determine proc rate (from auto attack), elemental damage and threat generation.

• Proc Rate
    Current state: It is proccing at a 14.7% rate from white attacks.

Analysis:
    1031 auto attacks procced Thunderfury 152 times, resulting in a rate of 14.7% chance of proc per auto attack.

As Zetox sourced in the original post, original TF in patch 1.6 had a 30% proc rate (and procced off other items, poisons/enchants & itself). Later it was nerfed in patch 1.9 to a 15% proc rate only from auto attacks & special abilities and in patch 1.12 it was buffed to a 25% proc rate only from auto attacks & special abilities.

Conclusion: TF is still at its worst nerfed state as tested in the Feb 20, 2015 Stress Test by Zetox on Nostalrius.
  • Elemental Damage
    Current state: There is no elemental damage component to Thunderfury on Nostalrius.Thus making this weapon doubly nerfed. Tooltip stating +16-30 Nature Damage is not in effect on this weapon.

Analysis:
    The Paladin, Avise, uses "Blessing of Protection", all auto attacks become immune, elemental damage that is supposed to occur per auto attack does not occur. You can see the TF procs and hits him through BoP, but there is no elemental damage component in brackets for each separate auto attack.

Conclusion: Thunderfury is bugged, or elemental damage component on weapons in general is bugged. This bug reduces the weapon damage (and consequently threat) by its full elemental damage component range.
  • Threat Generation
    Test #1: Primary Target Proc
    Parameter: First auto attack procs TF effect. Priest Smite R1 (43-47 dmg) till overaggro.

Analysis:
    Using Armilus's threat reference of attack speed debuff of 92 and NR debuff of 149, the base threat caused by auto attack and TF proc is as follows: 123 auto attack + 270 TF dmg + 92 + 149 = 634 threat. Applying threat modifiers for defensive stance and defiance talent tree for Prot Warrior we get: 634 * 1.3 * 1.15 = ~948.

Melee overaggro occurs at 110% of current target, Casters at 125%. Therefore for the Priest to overaggro he must do minimum of 948 * 1.25 = 1185. Priest managed to overaggro at 1235 with last attack of 45. 1190 would be his threat total without his last attack, in which he should've overaggroed. So there's a small margin of error, at least of 5 threat. Data provided below.

Conclusion: Working as expected.
    Test #2: AoE NR Debuff Proc
    Parameter: TF procs on primary target. Secondary target (marked by Moon) is afflicted with Thunderfury NR debuff reduction of 25. Priest R1 smite (43-47 dmg) on Secondary target (Moon) until overaggro.

Analysis:
    Using Armilus's threat reference NR debuff of 149, the base threat caused by TF NR proc on 2nd Target is 149 threat. Applying threat modifiers for defensive stance and defiance talent tree for Prot Warrior we get: 149 * 1.3 * 1.15 = ~223.

Melee overaggro occurs at 110% of current target, Casters at 125%. Therefore for the Priest to overaggro he must do minimum of 223 * 1.25 = ~278.5. Priest managed to overaggro at 303 with last attack of 43.

Conclusion: Working as expected.

Data Dump
I also have the video capture for the primary target test with combat logs, screenshots can be found in the Data Dump above.
Grave
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Noonze » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:20 pm

=(

no need more words here to reflect that I am sad of it.
Noonze
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Setup » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:01 pm

Neat post.

I hope you bothered to make a TLDR version for the Nost Bug tracker.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes