Ironfoe proc discussion

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Ironfoe proc discussion

by oneandonleeroy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:29 pm

Greetz guys,

I'm bearer of the mighty Ironfoe and wanted to share my thoughts with you guys. Maybe some of you agree with me or can confirm some mechanics.

First I want to let you know the proc chance feels mediocre to terrible. For example: it seems to be on par with Hand of Justice, which has a 2% chance.
Does it scale with hit chance? Fighting lower level mobs that don't make me miss that much, I get a good amount of procs.
In addition it might have an internal cooldown, because It never chain-proced multiple times, but I got it immediatly after on the next autohit.

An annoying side effect is when using Heroic Strike/Cleave and get a proc, the rage consumption is doubled, but the spell effect is only applied to the first hit.

For a best-in-slot weapon until Ahn Quiraji/Naxxramas I expect a little bit more. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad overall, but not that cookie cutter that I expected.
oneandonleeroy
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Ironfoe proc discussion

by Youfie » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:20 pm

oneandonleeroy wrote:Does it scale with hit chance? Fighting lower level mobs that don't make me miss that much, I get a good amount of procs.

Of course it does, at leat non-directly : swings that don't hit the target can't trigger a proc, thus more +hit means more procs.

oneandonleeroy wrote:An annoying side effect is when using Heroic Strike/Cleave and get a proc, the rage consumption is doubled, but the spell effect is only applied to the first hit.

I'm not sure I understand properly. If a special ability triggers an extra-attack, it's normal for the said extra-attack to be a MH white hit. Your sentence suggests you're expecting a proc from a special ability to actually trigger another time the ability.

Regarding the rage cost beging doubled, I suggest you double check that and report it on the Bug Tracker to get that fixed :).

oneandonleeroy wrote:For a best-in-slot weapon until Ahn Quiraji/Naxxramas I expect a little bit more. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad overall, but not that cookie cutter that I expected.

This item was bugged on many private servers, maybe you were used to that :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by nervous » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:28 pm

@youfie--

The ironfoe proc consuming additional rage on heroic strikes is similar to a wind fury bug whereupon heroic strike triggering wf removes 2 more heroic strikes worth of rage with none of the extra damage/threat.

I'm thinking ironfoes proc might be further bugged by not being trigger able by yellow attacks, similar to sword spec, although I can't confirm sword spec is bugged in that way
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Youfie » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:52 pm

nervous wrote:@youfie--

The ironfoe proc consuming additional rage on heroic strikes is similar to a wind fury bug whereupon heroic strike triggering wf removes 2 more heroic strikes worth of rage with none of the extra damage/threat.

I'm thinking ironfoes proc might be further bugged by not being trigger able by yellow attacks, similar to sword spec, although I can't confirm sword spec is bugged in that way

Okay, didn't know about that bug :).

Make sure to report it then :)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to Mechanics and classes