Talents that increase healing and bonus healing from gear

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Talents that increase healing and bonus healing from gear

by Armilus » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:18 pm

I didn't get a chance to test this during the last 2 tests :(

I distinctly remember testing this thoroughly in retail vanilla wow so I am 99% sure that I am correct in this but it is hard to find good reference. I was only able to find 1 reference and it's not perfect but hopefully it is enough.

In vanilla wow talents like Spiritual Healing in the priest holy tree and Gift of Nature in the Druid resto tree were applied BEFORE +healing from gear. That is, they did not stack with gear.

The talents that I am talking about are anything that say:
"Increases the effect of all healing spells by x%"

Talents that increased damage where always applied AFTER +spell damage from gear. That is, they DID stack with +spell damage from gear.

This was either changed in a later vanilla patch (1.12) or it was changed with 2.0.

The only reference that I can find is this:
"* All healing talents in BC are multiapplicative and also include +healing effects."
http://www.blizzhackers.cc/viewtopic.php?p=2716940 - 2nd last post on the page.

I can't see anyone bothering to mention that healing talents are multiplicative AND include +healing effects if that was already how it worked. Especially in a post that is entirely "what to expect in TBC".

Can anyone help me find additional references that prove or disprove this?
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Talents that increase healing and bonus healing from gea

by Dessel » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:08 pm

Your source doesn't indicate previous non-stacking just because it positively states they are now multiplicative. 1000 x 1.10 x 1.10 vs. 1000 x (1.10 + 0.10) ?
Dessel
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ellarria » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:16 pm

Dessel wrote:Your source doesn't indicate previous non-stacking just because it positively states they are now multiplicative. 1000 x 1.10 x 1.10 vs. 1000 x (1.10 + 0.10) ?

Kind of why he is asking for proof.
Ellarria - 60 Priest
Arrellia - 19 Druid Twink
Ellarria
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Armilus » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Dessel wrote:Your source doesn't indicate previous non-stacking just because it positively states they are now multiplicative. 1000 x 1.10 x 1.10 vs. 1000 x (1.10 + 0.10) ?

I think you totally missed the point of what I am saying. It's nothing to do with the multiplicative things in the quote.

The reference states that Healing talents are now multiplicative and stack with +healing, you missed the second half of the quote.

The only source I have been able to find implies that talent healing increases did not stack with +healing gear but it does not prove the case, which is why I am asking if anyone has evidence one way or the other.

The formula at the start of TBC was definitely ([Spell base healing] + [Bonus healing from gear]) * 1.10

In vanilla I propose that the formula was ([Spell base healing] * 1.10) + [Bonus healing from gear]
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by showtime » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:11 am

your the guy that thought abilities proc windfuries

you cant be trusted for things like this
showtime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by secondary » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:04 am

Armilus wrote:WF is a weapon effect so it should be able to proc off any weapon attack.

He is right. Any melee ability procs Windfury in vanilla.
http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/75 ... ury/page-2
It was nerfed at some point, but was reintroduced till 1.12.1. Check undocumented changes.

Showtime, you are a moron.
secondary
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Law » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:06 am

http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_power?oldid=298315

as of October 24, 2006 (patch 1.12.2) (functionally identical to patch 1.12.1, .2 just fixed two bugs in the spanish client)

Rules for Applying +Healing and +Damage

1. You calculate spell time using the base spell cast time BEFORE talents and gear reductions to the cast time. (Notice that your casting time in the in-game tool tip will subtract time based on your talents.)
  2. The factor for the casting time is capped at both ends. For the purpose of these formulas, spells that take longer than 3.5 seconds are considered to have 3.5 sec, and spells faster than 1.5 sec are treated like they had 1.5 sec (this is the global cast cooldown).
  3. The number of ticks for a spell is capped at 5 for the purposes of working the equation (but bonus is divided equally between the number of ticks).
  4. Damage benefits are applied before any talents or buffs that may increase your damage by a flat percentile. Healing spells are opposite; all talents are added to the base first then healing benefits added. For example: A spell that normally deals 100 damage that receives a +10 plus damage bonus, and a 10% damage bonus from talents, would deal 121 damage. A spell that normally heals 100 damage, that receives a +10 plus heal bonus, and a 10% heal bonus from talents, would heal for 120.
  5. Spell criticals are an extra 50% of the original calculated value of the spell after benefits. So if the spell would do 100 damage or healing normally then the critical would be 150.
  6. Gear benefits are added to spells before critical hit modifications are made.

he's right
Law
Tester

by Armilus » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:24 pm

showtime wrote:your the guy that thought abilities proc windfuries

you cant be trusted for things like this

You just hate me cause you ain't me.

I still <3 you though.
Armilus