Modifying Wow vanilla...

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Modifying Wow vanilla...

by Legolaslol » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:38 pm

I'd like some info about this too. I would be very good to be able to play with better graphics.
I know it. I'm awezome.
FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!!
Legolaslol
Tester

by azamous » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:53 am

Since the dawn of time people have always been able to model edit using .mpq files and there has been no way to detect it, not even Blizzard could on most .mpq's aslong as it doesn't affect the actual game (give you an unfair advantage) e.g. race swapping from tauren to human.

I highly doubt they will be able to stop you from modifying your graphics on the wow.exe client as they have no way of knowing. ;)
azamous
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by gazi05 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:09 am

Well they do now know for my account xD
gazi05
Sergeant
Sergeant

by mrmr » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:41 am

azamous wrote:Since the dawn of time people have always been able to model edit using .mpq files and there has been no way to detect it, not even Blizzard could on most .mpq's aslong as it doesn't affect the actual game (give you an unfair advantage) e.g. race swapping from tauren to human.

I highly doubt they will be able to stop you from modifying your graphics on the wow.exe client as they have no way of knowing. ;)

You are wrong.
Warden can check mpq files.

My account was suspended during WotLK cause I changed the texture of that fucking crystal you needed for a daily.
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Askental » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:05 pm

azamous wrote:I highly doubt they will be able to stop you from modifying your graphics on the wow.exe client as they have no way of knowing. ;)

There is a big difference between "they can not stop you" and "this is what they want you to do"... :roll:
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Xuungu » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:39 am

So what's the defualt number of patch-x.mpq files? Want to make sure it's all ok rather then get banned :>

"I heard if you cut off an extremity it'll regenerate a little bigger. Don't believe it."
Xuungu
Tester

by Viper » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:52 pm

Quote from the FAQ : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3
How about modified clients?
Be carefull, modified clients are forbidden for now and can lead to a ban.
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

by Shadowlurk » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:08 pm

Xuungu wrote:So what's the defualt number of patch-x.mpq files? Want to make sure it's all ok rather then get banned :>

patch.mpq and patch-2.mpq
Want your game to look visually stunning and run silky smooth? Read my guide.
Shadowlurk - Level 29 Troll Rogue (Expert Leatherworker / Expert Skinner)
Shadowlurk
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by whitekidney » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:46 pm

alucard001 wrote:Is there any way to play on Vanilla.exe with the actual graphics of World of warcraft? Meavy it could some way to modify textures on .mpq files or something.

Draenor graphics in Vanilla?
Not possible.
alucard001 wrote:I know it is possible because i saw in Ownedcore.com (in the Mod section) some people showing old sites of World of warcraft unreachables, as Dr Lapidi Island from Wow Alpha (I still have the sandbox) but with Cataclysm graphics. I could see that because the water had the new textures which were implemented in Cataclysm.

What you saw was an alpha map ported to Cataclysm/Pandaria client, which is why you are seeing better graphics.
This is not vanilla, this is old .adt files converted into a newer version so they can be opened in Cata/pandaria client.

alucard001 wrote:So it meavy could be possible change some textures from the game. Or meavy what i saw it just was a Cataclysm private client with the .mpq file from Alpha wow sandbox. (I know it could be possible aswell because some custom private servers uses .mpq files to make possible their custom content ingame) This is the most probably case.

Anyway, i ask for if anyone knows how to do it.

You can't, not without heavy backporting.
The M2 file structure changed heavily from Vanilla to TBC and to WoTLK. I am pretty sure it has changed several times from WoTLK to Draenor today.
If you wanted to have Draenor models in vanilla, you would have to disasssemble the new M2 Structure ( I don't even know if they are still using M2's for models ) and then backport it into a vanilla-compitable version. I don't know if anyone has tried this but I can only assume it will take a lot of time and the results will be buggy.

The textures can probably be used, but then again, textures doesn't magically improve how the game looks visually. You can't just 'modify' the game files to make your vanilla look magically better, you need to change the renderer, use dx11, the shader(s).. everything.

mrmr wrote:You are wrong.
Warden can check mpq files.

My account was suspended during WotLK cause I changed the texture of that fucking crystal you needed for a daily.

Warden cannot scan files.
whitekidney
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by mrmr » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:16 pm

whitekidney wrote:Warden cannot scan files.

How can they detect model-edits then?
You can easily model-edit changing the "original" MPQ files
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic