R.I.P Dizzy

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: R.I.P Dizzy

by Phigure » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:29 pm

Busdriverx wrote:
The GMs are not working on content and developing the server, that is the job of the developers. Also, don't make the mistake of thinking this is a matter of time, you can submit a ticket regarding item restoration right now and they'll happily spend 10 minutes explaining that their policy forbids it, but not 1 minute to restore the item. They have a bad policy, it's really that simple.

This 100%.

Terrible policy regarding item restoration.

Dizzy has helped the devs by donating his time to test content on the PTR yet they can't give him whatever short amount of time it would require to restore his item. Gotta love it.
Poke <Exiled> - 60 Human Rogue
Phigure
Sergeant
Sergeant

by detached » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:05 pm

the virginity is strong in this thread
detached
Sergeant
Sergeant

R.I.P Dizzy

by Koyami » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:29 pm

Coming into this thread I expected that perhaps Dizzy was banned, or worse, that maybe the player of that character had died. What a relief to see it is nothing of the sort.

Dizzy are you kidding us though? That has to be the stupidest reason I've ever heard of for quitting a game that's still producing fun memories. Such a foolish mindset.

We didn't get to know each other too well, but I feel like this is asking to be addressed further.
Especially if you are putting hints like the following into your text:
Dizzy wrote:[...]a fantastic experience and it brightened up the dull and meaningless life that I'm currently living[...]

60+ Days of played time.

Completionist or not, there comes a time when OCD tendencies can actually keep you from being happy.
Just forget about that shitty skull.

Indeed, use this 'disaster' as an opportunity to get over your perfectionism. If you cannot do that the name of the very item in question will be an omen for your future. Impending doom of your own creation. Hoping for the GMs to restore the item was never the answer here – no, overcoming your own mental limitations is the name of the game.

If you're already 'over it' in your own way by leaving Nostalrius then that's fine too.

But if you're still on the fence about this / still emotionally attached - I offer you to delete this super awesome breastplate (my most cherished piece of equipment) in solidarity. Learning to live with 'loss' is important.
Because they're just pixels, what matters is the experience.

Jed McKenna wrote:Unhappiness is when we worry about not having something.
Depression is when we realize we'll never have it.
Freedom is when we realize nothing can be ours.
What else is there to say?

In case you have already left for good I wish you the best of luck to find more ways to permanently brighten up your life – and sincerely hope that this perfectionism serves you better in the real world.

PS: to all the people dissing Gnomes in this thread – say that to my face ingame and not on the forums and see what happens! (you will probably kill me, but still)
Koyami
Grunt
Grunt

by Xylon666Darkstar » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:54 am

Well said, gnome. You're pretty smart and wise for a small thing and poofy hair!
Xylon666Darkstar
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by nervous » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:58 pm

lol at all the people demanding GMs restore an item so this guy won't quit. We've had characters deleted in guild mysteriously with flask recipes, max professions, etc, and GMs didn't help us one bit.

If you want to fucking quit this server because you're bored of murdering molten giants and dragons for shit loot and don't want to invest another 6 months into it to see a mostly scripted BWL, just say so. Saying you're quitting over this garbage is just weak (weaker than making a fucking 'GOODBYE NOSTALRIUS' post)

People burn out. It's nothing new to guilds, and you'll have a spot later if/when you decide to come back if you aren't shit.
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Defiler » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:05 pm

bgfds wrote:
dizzy sits in if for hours everyday crafting lowbies water/portaling for free and shit and he spent
3 weeks 10hrs/day farming for exalted with darnassus

what if.....you could quest @ashenvale and u get it for free..... :(
Defiler
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Krom » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:51 am

*Look at post*

nervous wrote:We've had characters deleted in guild mysteriously with flask recipes, max professions, etc

*Look at signature*

nervous wrote:-Level 2 Public Relations Intern Trainee (GRIZZLY dindu nuffin division)
-Head of GRIZZLY Ethics committee
-Sergeant of Thunder Bluff Private Investigation Task Force (administrative investigations)
-Level 4 <GRIZZLY> member

That's called banning.

lolderp.jpg
lolderp.jpg (10.73 KiB) Viewed 1765 times
Krom
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Momoh » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:47 am

rip dizzler

come on ts from time to time xx
Melodyx
Momoh
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by nervous » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:22 am

Krom wrote:That's called banning.

lolderp.jpg

I doubt you have a whole lot going on up there given you enchant your arc reaper with demonslaying, but try to understand that GMs don't delete your characters when they're banned.
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Krom » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:02 am

nervous wrote:Krom wrote:
That's called banning.

lolderp.jpg

I doubt you have a whole lot going on up there given you enchant your arc reaper with demonslaying, but try to understand that GMs don't delete your characters when they're banned.

You fool, demonslaying is OP to kill Warlock's pets in PVP, which I tend to focus.

Damn, you burned me so bad :twisted:
Krom
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic