Crestfall - 1x progressive Vanilla server

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Crestfall - 1x progressive Vanilla server

by Imbaslap » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:17 pm

Thatoneguy wrote:The big irony here is that Paladins will be in a better state on Crestfall.

and elysium.. all they need to do is click the CMangos link and copy and pasta..
Nost didnt look at all the CMangos commits so Nost was technically behind the curve with their Core.
Elysium had it working because they ran Stock CMangos
so ofcourse Duki loved Elsyium because CMangos already had it fixed.

in part. it just means that the more you learn about the game, the better off the private server scene becomes.
(also i never knew about QSW until CF, so i guess it was the missing piece to the puzzle for my research)
DOWNLOAD QSW and start poking at it! everyone needs to do this.

but hey.. CF definitely has some smart people behind the project with researching skills.
that's a proven fact. just be sure to give credit to the people wanting accuracy.
also start holding servers accountable for their lack of research/bug fixes. the data was already given to CF devs before corn came in here guns blazing. he technically didnt have to say anything about it and just let the argument fester more.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Theoloras » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:32 pm

"CF definitely has some smart people behind the project with researching skills."

No, Duki, Cornholi and I discovered how lazy Blizzard was in doing a hack fix rather than a patch given the fact that the 126 bit mask is actually rampant throughout the DVD game client.

We destroyed the 126 lynch pin of yours and Darkrasp's argument that Holy Resist should exist in Vanilla - and I'm not even a coder.

You're welcome.

-edit- the Nost Devs had already reopened the Holy Resistance reports on the bug tracker prior to the server shutdown:

Holy Damage Resistance PvP/PvE
https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3660

Shahkar (shahkar)25 minutes ago
Status changed from Invalid to Reopened

Shahkar (shahkar)25 minutes ago
http://imgur.com/ZSvdhiW - Confirmation that players have "invisible" holy resist.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 95#p256546
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Cornholi » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:44 pm

We all found it :), it was a team effort guys, stop fighting, pat each other on the backs, hug it out and kiss <3.

Now CF is better because of it and that's all that matters.

P.S it was actually all me btw i was the one who found evidence IM THE SAVIOR OF THE PALADIN CLASS BITCHES
Cornholi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Bearier » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:45 pm

As long as it results in the server getting it right and the p-server scene understanding why it is the way it is, and not making the same mistakes as the past, then I'm happy. I'm not going to go on an insult spree anymore in regards to who was wrong, who was right, and who did what on this subject.

Bottom line is, all private servers need to nullify any Holy Resist gains that are acquired from all resist aura mod 126 on the server side, and that's that. Hopefully we can finally put it to rest after this and there won't be anymore 'Holy Wars' :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bearier
Grunt
Grunt

by Pottu » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:53 pm

I reached out to Darkrasp to double check and so that I can put this issue to rest.

Holy resistance will not be a thing Crestfall. The 126 mask thing is correct is but, as others have stated, it was a remnant from the beta period before holy resistance was replaced with arcane resistance. The items and spells that use aura/mask 126 to give +res to all schools are overwritten by a server-side modifier, as proven by the videos from retail vanilla where holy spells do not get resisted in PvP combat. The only chance for resistance is from the level difference, so a level 63 raid boss has a chance of resisting spells, just like with any other school.

I am locking this thread because it has been filled to overflowing with personal attacks and arguments over this issue. I invite Cardinalsin to create a new Crestfall thread and in that thread nobody is allowed to bring up holy resistance again.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Previous

Return to Off topic