Ok, for real, how good/bad is Kronos?

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Ok, for real, how good/bad is Kronos?

by Wolfrig » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:17 pm

Until the announcement of Kronos 2, I had no interest in playing on Kronos because it was almost at AQ stage. Now that it's starting all over again, I would like to know how good it actually is.

I've heard bad things, heard good things as well. I don't want some Kronos hater hating on it here - I just need an objective opinion from someone who doesn't feel insulted every time someone says anything bad of Nostalrius.

I would like to hear the opinion of people who have played there and actually know what it's like, not people who heard some bad stuff from some other people.

Thank you in advance, potential helper!
Wolfrig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Ok, for real, how good/bad is Kronos?

by Arx_1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:20 pm

Not completely Blizzlike.

Huge queues. Even though Kronos II has got around 1k queue, it takes 3 hours to get in as ppl don't log out as fast as in other servers.

Yesterday, Kronos II had around 4.5k queue.

You also get randomly disconnected and if you do then you have to wait over 3 hrs to get in again.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Quickbowjob » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:24 pm

Don't really like the buying characters aspect of Kronos, also don't have the patience to wait in queue for hours.
I'll wait on next Blizzard response before i start anywhere else.

add: They had 7x XP rates not that long ago.
Last edited by Quickbowjob on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Quickbowjob
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Wolfrig » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:25 pm

I'm sure the queue situation on Kronos 2 will settle down in time.

What do you mean by "not completely Blizzlike"? Even Nost wasn't completely Blizzlike, I'm sure there is/was not a single private server that ever was completely Blizzlike.

Wasn't buying also a thing on Nost, the only difference being that Kronos made it kinda official?
Wolfrig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Vettish » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:25 pm

I am in the same boat so I loaded it up last night for a few hours. The q was 950ish people at about 8 pm CST. I started a human pally and the starting zone was insane. I could not do the Northshire quests. I started grinding on mobs around Goldshire and got to level 5. Got kicked a few times and has a couple of huge lag spikes that caused my death. The last lag spike got me killed then dc'd. Tried for about 20 minutes to log back in but could not. Went to bed and this morning before work I logged in to rez and hearth to Goldshire so I could have some rested for when I get off work later today. The q was 90ish at 6 am CST.

The UI seems at little more advanced on Kronos. Target of target and buffs, stuff like that. Other than that it was, so far, very much the same.

This is all I can tell you so far. Just keep in mind that if you start now you will have massive amounts of people to compete with for mobs and the like. Good luck!
Vettish
Tester

by Arx_1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Wolfrig wrote:I'm sure the queue situation on Kronos 2 will settle down in time.

What do you mean by "not completely Blizzlike"? Even Nost wasn't completely Blizzlike, I'm sure there is/was not a single private server that ever was completely Blizzlike.

Wasn't buying also a thing on Nost, the only difference being that Kronos made it kinda official?

1. Weapon Skill Gain is not Blizzlike, It is about 5 times faster than normal. you level weapon skill and defense skill (5 points) in about 5 seconds.

2. Health regen rate and Mana regen rate is not Blizzlike. It is about 3 times faster than Nostalrius.

3. Mobs are running at about 60% more than normal speed.

I am sure there is more, not to mention dungeon mobs hovering on the ceiling in dungeons, e.g. Wailing Caverns. (Bad scripting).
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Arx_1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:42 pm

I would like to add that I reported all these differences to the Admin and his response was , and I quote:

"THIS PROJECT WAS NEVER INTENDED TO BE BLIZZLIKE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE YOU MAY STOP PLAYING. WE HAVE GOT MORE THAN ENOUGH PLAYERS ON QUEUE".

I suspect there are several more little things that are not Blizzlike which I am going to find in due course.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Garfunkel » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:45 pm

They seem to have fixed the issue of mobs running inside terrain geometry by making the mobs hover in air whenever they get near a slope. Not a major issue but looks pretty hilarious.

While they claim to be progressive, this really only affects available raids, as all items are per their stats on 1.12 - so for example you can get the updated dungeon blues that were introduced in patches 1.11 and 1.12, as well as the craftable NR gear. These make everything outside of Naxxramas quite a bit easier to clear. Cannot say anything about the raids themselves.

I also noticed that weapon skill gains seems really fast. As soon as I level up, I get the next five available points almost immediately.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Theoloras » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:46 pm

don't play there if you intend on rolling a Paladin:

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43908
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Tsarmina » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:34 pm

Still looking for a PvE server cuz I am soooper bad at PvP.
Tsarmina
Private
Private

Next

Return to Off topic