Ok, for real, how good/bad is Kronos?

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Ok, for real, how good/bad is Kronos?

by Theoloras » Wed May 04, 2016 6:00 pm

Lawl so I'm now permanently banned from the Kronos forums for telling Psojed, the Paladin tester that he has his head up his ass:

Seal of Command should never fully resist ever - it can be blocked/dodged/parried but only Partially resisted against higher level mobs due to level resist:

Poster: Caydiem at 3/15/2005 3:16:09 PM PST
Subject: Re: Seal of Command destroyed. The Seal of Command change will no longer be in the upcoming patch.

http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-realm-test/391.htm

Poster: motive at 3/15/2005 3:36:38 PM PST
Subject: Re: Seal of Command change After considering the posts in this thread we have decided to back this change out of patch 1.3.0 completely and re-evaluate the math behind this before making any further changes.

http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-paladin/106719.htm

Yet he still claims that he is correct:

"In case of "SoC can never be a full resist", none their proofs specifies that SoC can never be a full resist, every proof only mentions a resist or a partial resist. Argument like "Seal of Command uses melee crit, so it cannot be resisted" is nonsense, since the same thing can be said about Judgement of Command. And the one posted video shows a ret paladin DPSing on golemagg, showing lots of partial resists. This was supported by an article about resistances on wowwiki (which clearly mentions that spells can also be fully resisted), and later by the original articles on Resistances by Blizzard, which also shows that spells have a small % chance to be fully resisted, so those proofs work against their case.

Finally, I did a test sample of SoC full resist vs. a boss level on Kronos, and the amount of fully resisted SoC procs in a 5 minutes sample was as low as 2%, which fits the original blizzard's description of resistance mechanics. Just because one video from retail does not show a full resist on Seal of Command, I won't conclude that a SoC cannot be fully resisted ever."

TLDR - Don't play on Kronos
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by XxGokuxX » Wed May 04, 2016 8:05 pm

^sounds more like an angry banned user than anything else.

Kronos isn't unique when it comes to paladins, most private servers paladins have screwed up mechanics.

If paladin is the end all be all for you, then maybe look at a different server, but the cold hard reality is that kronos is the only server out there that has the population to offer a true mmo experience. Most private servers are basically single player mode with the lack of pop they have.
XxGokuxX
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theoloras » Wed May 04, 2016 8:41 pm

XxGokuxX wrote:^sounds more like an angry banned user than anything else.

Kronos isn't unique when it comes to paladins, most private servers paladins have screwed up mechanics.

If paladin is the end all be all for you, then maybe look at a different server, but the cold hard reality is that kronos is the only server out there that has the population to offer a true mmo experience. Most private servers are basically single player mode with the lack of pop they have.

Kronos is the worst by far man - it's to the point that I refuse to play there...
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by XxGokuxX » Wed May 04, 2016 8:58 pm

Theoloras wrote:
XxGokuxX wrote:^sounds more like an angry banned user than anything else.

Kronos is the worst by far man - it's to the point that I refuse to play there...

Understandable as you seem to prioritize paladin over anything else. For me, I need a good population to have fun playing wow and kronos seems to be the only vanilla server around that provides that.
XxGokuxX
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Trixyy » Wed May 04, 2016 8:58 pm

hmm maybe kronos isnt so bad. Theo banned? hmmm yep
Trixyy
Grunt
Grunt

by tilktilk4 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:40 pm

just sayin.. on kronos i have a feeling of uncertainty that i didnt have on nostalrius (not in regards to the shutdown)
tilktilk4
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Theoloras » Thu May 05, 2016 12:06 am

Trixyy wrote:hmm maybe kronos isnt so bad. Theo banned? hmmm yep

oh snap!
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by snawfu » Thu May 05, 2016 5:51 am

Theoloras wrote:

Kronos is only the worst in your head because it fails to cater to your autistic needs of playing a broken spec.
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Theoloras » Thu May 05, 2016 2:18 pm

snawfu wrote:
Theoloras wrote:

Kronos is only the worst in your head because it fails to cater to your autistic needs of playing a broken spec.

someone's mad...
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by MasterQuaster » Sun May 29, 2016 11:03 am

After testing Kronos I can say:

DAMN it sucks rly hard.
MasterQuaster
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic