Nostalrius ended... Where did it's refugees end up?

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Nostalrius ended... Where did it's refugees end up?

by Mastodon2090 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:39 pm

I'm waiting for official legacy servers. I expect an announcement at Blizzcon and launch next year.
Mastodon2090
Grunt
Grunt

by Syff » Mon May 16, 2016 9:46 pm

Feeling sad and just playing Mount & Blade, Age of Wonders III and cs:go. praying for legacy server announcement from Blizzard / Nostalrius license announcement
Syff
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ickuss » Tue May 17, 2016 12:10 am

I honestly like venge and like Kronos but the que on Kronos is ridiculous
Ickuss
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ickuss » Tue May 17, 2016 12:12 am

Mastodon2090 wrote:I'm waiting for official legacy servers. I expect an announcement at Blizzcon and launch next year.

If they announce that at blizzcon we should all pitch in for a super class hooker for j Allen Brack. Maybe after he loses his virginity he will stop making shit decisions.
Ickuss
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Tue May 17, 2016 12:37 am

You want to reward the biggest douchbag that has tried as much as possible to convince you that you shouldn't be able to play Classic again? He needs to be kicked in the nuts, then out into the street to look for a new job. If they announce Legacy servers, I hope he's spammed with, "YOU thought we didn't, but we did."
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Lazias » Wed May 18, 2016 3:20 am

I played on Rebirth for a while before it got hit by blizz, then nost came out and I was down. I can't imagine going back to rebirth now, playing there is scraping the bottom of the barrel in vanilla wow addiction at this point. I've just been playing M2TW and imagining the enemies armies as blizz employees.

I just came here today to see if anything has changed and was shocked but encouraged that blizz agreed to a meeting. Doing so is the first time I've ever seen them acknowledge the private server community in any way that wasn't laughing at them in a blizzcon panel for having the guts to bring it up. Nost truly has a chance to make history here.

Drain wrote:You want to reward the biggest douchbag that has tried as much as possible to convince you that you shouldn't be able to play Classic again? He needs to be kicked in the nuts, then out into the street to look for a new job. If they announce Legacy servers, I hope he's spammed with, "YOU thought we didn't, but we did."

While I entirely agree with you in principle, I have always felt myself that if blizz was willing to own up to their stupidity and give into providing legacy servers, I would be willing to dole out the cash to play on those servers. Getting in a nice 'I told you so' is always a great feeling however.
Lazias
Private
Private

by Drain » Wed May 18, 2016 5:50 am

There's 2 different meetings going up now. One is scheduled next week with Mark and Mike(CEO). I'm sure he'll disclose everything about it, given how active he is on Twitter and his site. He's been fighting for Nost and Legacy servers ever since the shutdown.

But there's still another meeting planned for early next month with Nost at Blizzard. I don't know if a scheduled date was created yet.

"While I entirely agree with you in principle, I have always felt myself that if blizz was willing to own up to their stupidity and give into providing legacy servers, I would be willing to dole out the cash to play on those servers. Getting in a nice 'I told you so' is always a great feeling however."
I'm willing to pay for them too. I just don't want that jerk to see any of it. He's always been against this, and if he had his way, he'd take retail to his grave with there never having been older versions of the game. He's no doubt going to be fighting all of this every inch of the way. When he is finally ignored as he should be, he'll probably then start pushing for it to have cash shops attached to it. People like him don't understand anything about why WoW used to be good, or why it's complete shit now. It's like trying to explain to George Lucas why the original Star Wars movies were good, and his newer prequel versions are complete shit.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by PeaceHammer » Wed May 18, 2016 1:01 pm

Currently playing in the Uthgard beta:

https://Uthgard.org
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vanillaplayer2016 » Wed May 18, 2016 8:45 pm

I'm playing on vanilla-servers.org beta
vanillaplayer2016
Sergeant
Sergeant

by azamous » Thu May 19, 2016 10:26 am

Drain wrote:There's 2 different meetings going up now. One is scheduled next week with Mark and Mike(CEO). I'm sure he'll disclose everything about it, given how active he is on Twitter and his site. He's been fighting for Nost and Legacy servers ever since the shutdown.

But there's still another meeting planned for early next month with Nost at Blizzard. I don't know if a scheduled date was created yet.

"While I entirely agree with you in principle, I have always felt myself that if blizz was willing to own up to their stupidity and give into providing legacy servers, I would be willing to dole out the cash to play on those servers. Getting in a nice 'I told you so' is always a great feeling however."
I'm willing to pay for them too. I just don't want that jerk to see any of it. He's always been against this, and if he had his way, he'd take retail to his grave with there never having been older versions of the game. He's no doubt going to be fighting all of this every inch of the way. When he is finally ignored as he should be, he'll probably then start pushing for it to have cash shops attached to it. People like him don't understand anything about why WoW used to be good, or why it's complete shit now. It's like trying to explain to George Lucas why the original Star Wars movies were good, and his newer prequel versions are complete shit.

Totally agreed.
azamous
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic