Nostalrius ended... Where did it's refugees end up?

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Nostalrius ended... Where did it's refugees end up?

by Arucado » Sun May 15, 2016 9:24 pm

vanillagaming.

I want to play vanilla but not in a serious way in private server anymore
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Hernia » Sun May 15, 2016 10:14 pm

I tried Kronos but it fucking blows, so now I wait for the second coming of Nostalrius.

Fun fact: everyone who plays on Kronos is playing on a custom server. That shit is not vanilla.
Blow your pristine realms out your ass, Brack
Hernia
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Tamanous » Sun May 15, 2016 11:19 pm

Hernia wrote:I tried Kronos but it fucking blows, so now I wait for the second coming of Nostalrius.

Fun fact: everyone who plays on Kronos is playing on a custom server. That shit is not vanilla.

I am confused over your poetic terms like "fucking blows". What blows about Kronos, which is clearly the main destination for Nost refugees? The scripting? The community? The DDOS attacks which happens to most popular private servers at some point?

When Kronos worked it was actually clearly superior for scripting and game play than Nost was (even slightly better due to better server response than the pve server which didn't suffer from latency issues the Nost pvp server did).

If Kronos successfully starts again with proper DDOS protection it will once again be superior to Nost due to scripting and due to likely evening population better over 2 pvp servers ... and it appears a crap ton of Nost refugees are returning. No other private vanilla server will match it and none appear to be willing to adopt true blizzlike principles and caps to support them. I have yet to hear of one single alternative that matches the ideals Kronos inherited once Nost went down. They were/are the only ones willing to raise caps, start a new server and maintain blizzlike conditions while openly welcoming Nost refugees.

Anyone who has left Kronos to other private servers are simply people giving into their addictions which is their weakness ... not Kronos.
Last edited by Tamanous on Sun May 15, 2016 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tamanous
Grunt
Grunt

by Mryul » Sun May 15, 2016 11:22 pm

kronos isn't blizzlike - and they aren't trying to be.
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sham » Sun May 15, 2016 11:23 pm

Many joined warmane Lordaeron
Hunter Insanitty (29 twink)
Warrior Insannity (29 twink)
Warlock Inssanity (29 twink)
Priest Darksanity (29 twink)
<Amost Thirty> guild
Sham
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Norjak » Sun May 15, 2016 11:24 pm

I was on Kronos until all the DDoS shit last week, I have no idea if they are still fooling around with that or not (all I know is, I had 0 problems with lost connection due to DDoS on Nost, for what it's worth.) I'm now on Rebirth. I got an email to try WoD for free, but f&ck that noise.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Tamanous » Sun May 15, 2016 11:26 pm

Sham wrote:Many joined warmane Lordaeron

That isn't vanilla. Those are players choosing to abandon vanilla out of impatience. They cannot be included among those unwilling to head to different expansion versions. I suspect, due to it being a different expansion, that many will return to Kronos (if functional) because no other vanilla option is viable. Many have said they would play both from reddits and elsewhere.

Rebirth is a short stay for the majority and an addiction pick over reason. Low server cap with no afk/character screen time out with multi-box support. You sit in a queue while afk'rs eat up slots and log into a dead server capped at 1500 while x5 rate levelings blow past zones and instances offering next to no contribution to community. This reality is apparent to anyone who gives a single shit about "blizzlike" principles which is what the current Nost campaign is about. Basically Rebirth migrants are weak willed people jumping ship at first sign of trouble.
Tamanous
Grunt
Grunt

by Hernia » Sun May 15, 2016 11:52 pm

Tamanous wrote: What blows about Kronos? The scripting?

Yes

Tamanous wrote:
When Kronos worked it was actually clearly superior for scripting and game play than Nost was (even slightly better due to better server response than the pve server which didn't suffer from latency issues the Nost pvp server did).

The "superior scripting" shit was some meme that kids on /r/wowservers made up to try to make their shitty server relevant while Nostalrius was dominating the scene. Who the fuck cares about your raid scripts when the rest of the server is anything BUT blizzlike?

Let's just start with their completely custom LOS which fucks over anyone playing a ranged class. The LOS system that they enabled just for "muh realism". Fucking lol
Blow your pristine realms out your ass, Brack
Hernia
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Sirganksalot » Mon May 16, 2016 12:15 am

Drain wrote: I don't think I'd try Kronos though because everyone says it's queued up day and night for hours.

Not the case. It's queued up generally when America is getting home from school/work (queue lasts about 3hours, for about 3hours of the day) other than that there are no queue problems, and they plan on increasing the population cap again soon.

Tamanous wrote:

Rubbish.
Kronos has bugs that are a lot more noticeable compared to Nostalrius, such as some broken quests, and other minor things. If Nostalrius was still the giant of the legacy server scene then Kronos would still have only a couple of hundred players (with numbers continuing to dwindle like they were). They are also suffering from the same latency issues because of the massive population increase.
LEGACY:
"Denoting or relating to software or hardware that has been superseded but is difficult to replace because of its wide use."
Sirganksalot
Grunt
Grunt

by Arucado » Mon May 16, 2016 11:01 am

Kronos better scripts such as Paladin retribution class gameplay KAPPA

Servers:

- Nostalrius PVP. Lag/delay 24/7 plus some annoying bugs and overpopulation.
- Kronos. Custom shit, broken quests and class such as ret pala. Wood walls against DDoS attacks
- Nostalrius PVE. Close to perfect, but i guess it would have some issues.
- Vanillagaming. P2W.
- Retrowow. Retarded server.
- The rebirt. 0 Population.
- Vanilla.re 0 pop, unknown server
- Valkyrie. unknown

- Legacy retail server. It doesn't exist.
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic