Nostalrius ended... Where did it's refugees end up?

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Nostalrius ended... Where did it's refugees end up?

by Forestembrace » Thu May 19, 2016 2:47 pm

kronos2, two week old server
Forestembrace
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Peacebringer » Fri May 20, 2016 8:40 am

Nowhere and to hell with that Kronos 1 & 2 servers which have insane waiting que... I am tracking closely private servers for over 5 years now and no server can't be compared with Nostalrius. Now my friends and me are waiting to see what will happen with these mettings with Blizzard. We are hoping for the best :)
Peacebringer
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Undertanker » Fri May 20, 2016 1:41 pm

I'm confused with all the "insane queues" people keep mentioning. That was 1 week, almost a month ago.

Had to make sure I wasn't on amazon.com, with all these product reviews from people who don't play on said servers.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Exlex » Fri May 20, 2016 1:58 pm

Kronos isnt that bad tbh. Nostalrius was ultimate with all the support and especially with the content timeline - that was something new and awesome, no doubt. There hasnt been such a professional and huge project on the private servers scene until Nostalrius.
Kronos is the nr.2, not comparable with Nost but still... it has good quality and it is supported by a big czech private server project TWINSTAR. They provide the whole range of WOW datadisks from Vanilla to Cata and have solid basements. You can be sure they will do their best to get Kronos working smoothly and almost bugless but atm they have a lot of problems - DDoS attacks, overhelming players demand which they cant handle with their current hardware (thats why the ques) and dealing with relocating their server hosting. But they will SOLVE IT SOON, you can be sure of that cause their other legacy servers are running on a very good quality level. I would give Kronos a chance... in a week or two tho... ;)

Btw. playing GRIM DAWN atm and its rlly awesome. Owning Dialbo 3 easily. Love it - worth trying!
Exlex
Private
Private

by venom662662 » Sat May 21, 2016 12:20 pm

http://virtue-arena.net/forum/index.php

Is a good PVE server. They have been up 2 weeks!
They plan on starting up a PVP server soon.
venom662662
Tester

by Mryul » Sun May 22, 2016 11:05 pm

Kronos 2.
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Norjak » Mon May 23, 2016 1:11 pm

azamous wrote:
dawgzilla wrote:Rebirth almost hit 2k pop last weekend, granted a lot were from kronos. Before that it was stilling around 1.2k players. Nothing like nostalrius, but its a lie to say the population is 0

How are the bugs, etc? What content is released?

Rebirth is on the AQ war effort. They're offering an optional catch-up x5 XP (opt-in only) that will go away once AQ comes out. As for bugs I don't see any yet (only level 11), but the scripting isn't as good as Nost (NPC mobs not patting around, flight gryphons show up on the ground, similar to Kronos...)
Also, I noticed that mobs seem to have a longer "leash" before they reset.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by laidtorest » Tue May 24, 2016 12:30 am

Im on k2.. For now
laidtorest
Grunt
Grunt

by WarsongEU2005 » Tue May 24, 2016 12:04 pm

Just started on kronos2... everything were good... before i god lvl 4 and backstab. After that i discovered that i can fight with mobs only with backstab (just running and spining aroung mob with strafe and spamming backstab). That is not even worst part for me... it has some fun arcade aspect ).

The worst part is that when i came to the capital and just asked 3 ppl to help me with some 5 silver, i got automuted for 2 mins... and each time i speak more then 3-4 ppl in a row throught whisper i got automuted... So they just ruined an party find method throught /who (which was the best way, not just spamming in general).

Btw, there were no automute on Nost, but they enabled it for last month maybe... But i discovered that u have just wait 10-15 seconds between whispers and thats it. That was really smart decision.

I talked with gm on Kronos, he couldnt event tell me is there any delay between whispers to avoid autoban

Very sad ( thought i could play there some time (
WarsongEU2005
Private
Private

by WarsongEU2005 » Tue May 24, 2016 12:25 pm

And as i see, there are lots of 60 on Kronos2... As i remember server shuted down after a week it were launched... and now online for a severals days... how can be lots of 60s there ?

And i feel really big difference between nost and kronos community. Kronos are more aggresive, as i can see after talking to some ppl in orgrimmar
WarsongEU2005
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic