anyone wish classic wow looked more like this?

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

anyone wish classic wow looked more like this?

by tilktilk4 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:04 pm

in my eyes, this style is far superior, atmospheric, just better fitting warcraft.. i ask why didnt they style entire wow like this, did the w3 designers retire or what

wow has lost a lot of life in its design compared to this w3 screens

Last edited by tilktilk4 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tilktilk4
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: anyone wish classic wow looked more like this?

by salties » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:56 am

Blizzard lost they're touch
salties
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Oggi » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:09 am

Early versions of the WoW beta and alpha looked quite different in terms of scale and design.

Back in the day when Warcraft 3 was under development Blizzard were initially promoting the idea of it being a "Role-Playing Strategy" game rather than a traditional RTS like Warcraft 2, Starcraft or Command & Conquer. In early 2000 this video was distributed on gaming magazine CDs/DVDs (way before Youtube and other streaming sites were a thing although IIRC FileFront may have had it up for download?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcFIMEXqDFI

Shortly after this video was released Blizzard switched tack and announced that they were reverting Warcraft 3 to a traditional top-down RTS with some RPG elements. I'm pretty sure they realised internally at the time that the early builds of Warcraft 3 had potential as a completely different type of multi-player game as internet access became more prevalent and those builds formed the prototype of what would eventually become World of Warcraft a few years later.
Oggi
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ayumi » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:30 pm

Their first approach on World of Warcraft DID look somewhat like this but they chose to go with a different design.
I liked the cartoonish style, but I wouldn't mind playing a more warcraft 3ish game either.
Ayumi
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Simonich » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:50 pm

Oh fuck yes
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Return to Off topic