Magic-Wow pve server

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Magic-Wow pve server

by globius » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:42 pm

So i found this server on one of the top private server sites, It's a vanilla pve server(I preffer pve realms :D )
Did anyone here roll on on this server? is it p2w or gamemasters raiding with players.. i dont want that shit.
( like vanillagaming)
also any info on population?:)

seems hard to find a new home i really do miss Nostalrius. tho i rather start playing all over again on a stabile server with a good community then going back to retail.

http://www.magicwow.co.uk
globius
Tester

Re: Magic-Wow pve server

by Zepour » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:39 am

I created a character there after Nost went down and leveled to 60 (I'm not playing at the moment.) The server is still in the "beta" phase with official launch in few months. Aims to be "Blizzlike" and "RP friendly." During beta, quest XP gain is doubled.

My experience:
  • population seems low, around 200 peak. Heavy Alliance favored.
  • Alright latency, below 200ms from Central Europe to Canada where the server is located.
  • Noticeable more bugs than on Nost, but not unplayable. Aggro range, mob respawn timers, general drop rates, rep gains etc. look alright. Drop rate of rare and epic BoE items was very high. (This has since been corrected.)
  • Almost empty Horde AH. Alliance AH looked better though. There's cross-faction world chat channel to help the server's economy.
  • Majority of characters I've encountered in the open world were PvP flagged.
  • No trade chat trolls. No "anal" spam, "did someone say Thunderfury" ... well you get the idea.
  • Very friendly GM team, especially Magic.
Overall, the server needs more work and higher population to be viable, but it's still in beta, so I wouldn't judge it too harshly.
Zepour
Private
Private

Re: Magic-Wow pve server

by Nagrim » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:25 pm

I started playing there when Nost went down, only leveled up to ~35. I can confirm Zepour's experience. Stability was just fine but with 200 players online that's not surprising. There are some bugs with pathing (caves or bridges) which makes warrior charge damn risky at some points. We had a bug at the last boss of Wailing Caverns (murloc didn't spawn and the waves didn't move). Magic came and spawned him for us though.
So you know, almost everything (beta characters etc.) will be kept when it releases.
(edit: no P2W, only cosmetics could be bought)

Sadly I don't see much happening regarding fixes. They have a "bug tracker" but you can't see much progress there. It seems to be run by just one person (Magic)...dunno if it's like that. Personally I doubt that it'll ever reach nost-like quality but we badly need a quality pve server! Hoping for Crestfall but that may be same story like Corecraft...
Nagrim
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Off topic