What are you Nostalrius players doing ?

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: What are you Nostalrius players doing ?

by Simonich » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:35 pm

PeaceHammer wrote:I've moved on to classic DAOC:

https://Uthgard.org

while waiting for news of official Vanilla servers. I can't invest in another private Vanilla server. I'm gonna wait it out, until Blizz releases them, or by some miracle Nostalrius is resurrected.

I also started trying out DAoC for the first time. Playing on live as trial. I heard live is purely focused on pvp, is it true? I dont plan to ever pay subscription, whaddta suggest?
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by donharkins » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:47 pm

Lotttts of CoD Zombies and a ton of FIFA UT, games i'd usually play besides WoW. I've just been going around every Vanilla, BC and Wrath server if I do play WoW. Played on VanillaGaming for a while since I had a 60 there, basically geared up all pre raid BiS but that server is so shit oh my god. Went to Kronos 2 since it's the only realm with a kinda Nost feel, but not really, then I just burned out with WoW. If i'm ever on again on Kronos shoot me a message, Kunye, Horde, we can level together ;) Hoping for legacy news from Blizz but I doubt it.
Last edited by donharkins on Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
donharkins
Tester

by PeaceHammer » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:54 am

Simonich wrote:
PeaceHammer wrote:I've moved on to classic DAOC:

https://Uthgard.org

while waiting for news of official Vanilla servers. I can't invest in another private Vanilla server. I'm gonna wait it out, until Blizz releases them, or by some miracle Nostalrius is resurrected.

I also started trying out DAoC for the first time. Playing on live as trial. I heard live is purely focused on pvp, is it true? I dont plan to ever pay subscription, whaddta suggest?

I much prefer Uthgard (Classic DAOC) over live, the fact that it's free is just a bonus. :D It's similar to what happened with WoW. Classic DAOC is a slower pace. While the live servers have very fast leveling, and some major class changes that I don't necessarily agree with. Classic DAOC is loaded with PvP as well, you just won't get to the level cap as fast. But you can still do BG's during the leveling process.

I'm enjoying Uthgard, but I'm careful to not invest too much time during this beta period. Since they are wiping the server before they officially launch. It was a lot of fun though to try out a bunch of different classes and decide what will be my main for launch.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Drain » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:37 am

I started an Alliance Druid on Kronos 2, but don't have any permanent plans. I reused my Rogue's name (Bluten). I will probably only be around on it the next few weeks. It's not up to the quality or population of Nostalrius, but I doubt there's any better. Next month I plan to start recording my own game LPs, so I'll probably retire come then. I'll be watching for Blizzcon, but I don't hold out much faith for legacy anymore. If it did occur one day, maybe Classic leveling would be something good to record. Otherwise, it'll be time for me to move on for good.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by PeaceHammer » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:41 pm

Drain wrote:I started an Alliance Druid on Kronos 2, but don't have any permanent plans. I reused my Rogue's name (Bluten). I will probably only be around on it the next few weeks. It's not up to the quality or population of Nostalrius

This was my experience as well. Nostalrius set the bar really high, and now I can't bring myself to play on servers that don't meet those standards.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Drain » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:09 pm

It isn't just the standards, but also the fact that I don't want to get too invested in another server only to have all my work wiped again. If Nost wasn't safe from Blizzard's legal dickhammer, then no server will be, and any successful one (aka Kronos) will surely be targeted next eventually. So I'm only playing now to enjoy another class, the other faction, and pass my spare time this month. I've no plans at 60 this time. I'm sure I'll get 60, but after that, I don't plan to do much else. There's no AV on this server either, which is disappointing. I'm assuming they never bothered to script any of it. Was looking forward to AV as OP Alliance for a change, only to find out it's not here.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by phyriel » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:57 pm

I cant be arsed because its my 3rd time on priv I never get to see AQ 40 or Naxx... enough is enough. First time it was because scripting was too hard, second time because scripting was too hard and now blizzard is being gay and flood us with shit content, shit games, overwatch fucking bullshit retardation that fanboiz die for atm. I have no hope for blizzard NOT AT FUCKING ALL. This company is done... its gone, it will keep releasing shit for casual fuckers and cashing on their shit digesting community. But in all honesty its peoples fault, PEOPLE like shit in general, we live in pewdiepie era of retards and morons having casual, yelling fun, so you need to provide them with flashy explosions so they keep being retarded. Vanilla wasn't perfect but it was the, now non-existant occurrence in mmos where you had environment that left you a possibility for experimentation and some degree of intelligence in gameplay, thats why it was bad i guess, you can't provide environment like that when 80% of community is dumb as kite because you just gonna make them realize that and they gonna feel angry about it. Especially when they pay for it monthly... Oh the rant feels good man:P Thats how I spend my time nowadays
phyriel
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sallerius » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:16 pm

Tried VengeanceWow TBC server, nice ppl there, but small in numbers(general pop 600player at peak).Played few days and stoped.Dont know is that russ WotLK servers worth anything.Maybe i try there.
Sallerius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by RedBulik » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:29 pm

I won't play any other private server nor retail, until official Vanilla comes back.
Kokaina/Warlock/Horde/PVE Realm
RedBulik
Grunt
Grunt

by Kadmium » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:49 pm

just broke up with my gf of seven years, I miss her, and I miss nos, the emptiness makes me want to return to wow, and just wander around in ashenvale, westfall or the barrens, helping random players, fishing near a moonwell, or just sit inside empty darnassus and listen to the music....

Though that would be ignoring the problems and not making progress would it not?

so i guess playing life, and losing at the moment?
Kadmium
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic