Overwatch scam - please help?

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Overwatch scam - please help?

by Thefilth » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:24 pm

So I purchased Overwatch..
Pretty much immediatly after trying it I saw that the game was indeed as trash as I expected. So I wrote a ticket for a refund. The ticket servers were "down" and the error told me to try again later. So I continued playing with my friends, who coerced me into buying the game in the first place.
At this point we're a few hours after the purchase and I succeeded in submitting my ticket request for a refund.

My request was denied as I had already achieved level 13 and they do not give refunds to players above level 5.
Apparently 1-5 is considered enough for judging the content of the game. Nuff said, amirite? Lmfao.

Anywho, the terms of sale crystal-clearly state that I have a right of withdrawal for 14 calendar days.
Grand! I'll go with that then.

So I need to send a physical letter to France. I'm 27. I don't think I've ever sent a letter in my life, except to santa! The terms naturally state that the submission of withdrawal can be done via the ticket system, but nobody seems to know how. I have been in contact with 3 support representatives and emailed the legal department. No luck so far.

Has anybody here managed to navigate this subterfuge to successfully withdraw from a contract at Blizzard, following the instructions in their terms of sale? I could really use some tips here.
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Overwatch scam - please help?

by Norjak » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:50 pm

If the game is trash why did you play to lvl 13? I am asking as someone who has never played Overwatch and never will under any circumstance.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Overwatch scam - please help?

by Thefilth » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:53 pm

Norjak wrote:If the game is trash why did you play to lvl 13? I am asking as someone who has never played Overwatch and never will under any circumstance.

The friends I play a long list of other games with convinced me and another friend to give Overwatch a try. It has been extremely hyped and all that, so it had pretty big chances of being good. Right?
It take no time to get lvl 13. I imagine the leveling curve is semi-exponential and there are already players (whom I have seen in my games) that have surpassed lvl 240. Just to give a frame of reference. Level 13 is absolutely nothing.

I got in touch with a support representative who could explain me some details about the terms of sale. He told me the 14 days right of withdrawal § is void as soon as you have received the purchase confirmation email. In other words, the 14 days right of withdrawal is waivered before even installing the game.

It's humbug.
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Off topic