So... who's getting Legion?

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: So... who's getting Legion?

by melak » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:19 am

Docholy wrote:I can't wait to get Legion. I want to demon hunter double jump around like an autistic. The sheer joy of seeing Illidan again and have a Relic/Legendary for all makes me so happy I can shit my self without shame. What a silly question, who is getting Legion? Freaking everyone dude!

Good troll :lol:
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Robotron » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:50 am

Docholy wrote:I can't wait to get Legion. I want to demon hunter double jump around like an autistic.

You can't comprehend how much fun autism double jumps are.

"So for the speed run strat of Everbloom, we need to wall jump at this point."

"Oh, you mean here?" *double jumps up the cliff like it's nothing, and everyone loses their shit*
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by umandez » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:42 am

Yes,

I've played the Pre-Patch and I am certainly having fun with the new Class changes, after playing a Disc Priest, Ret Paladin (Which may I add is a lot more fun now! Best ret paladin so far) and a Demon Hunter.

Disc Priest changes are awesome, the ability to do DPS while healing your group through damage delt, awesome concept and alot of fun to play. Really hard to be killed if you are good.

Ret Paladin, feels like it's got a proper rotation now and is actually engaging the ability to combo holy power charges now for insane burst.

Demon Hunter, the mobility is actually very fun. There isn't too much yet as you cannot access a lot of the talents yet without being 110.

Obviously It makes me sad a lot of the game has been removed, like a proper profession system, easy... being an option in raids it should be hard or nothing. They are addressing this with Mythic only dungeons.. sorta a fix.. but not totally.

If you enjoy the story and the lore (Which I really do) the Pre-Patch does an amazing job of filling the gaps from the large tangent we wen't on with Cata... and the Pandas...

The Class changes have made me fall in love with the game again, yes.. it's pruned but there is still enough, and everything you do has a use instead of having spells on your bar you would never use... spells complement other spells with buffs to damage delt the rotation is engaging once more. You actually do damage now instead of everyone hitting with foam swords in WoD.

The Art team have done an amazing job in WoD I have to say the content and models are beautiful. I haven't played since WoD launch and I stopped before that in Firelands started in 1.12.1 (hit 60) And I had not seen the new renderer etc.

I still think Legacy should be an option, ran by a team like Nost with the correct funding to keep them engaged and allow people to play the game just like it was with no additions.

But I get it people are still angry, and I had to tear myself into to decide if I should give blizzard my money again, but then again it's not Blizzard that's the problem it's Activision (Bane of all gaming in my eyes) I'm hoping that since their PR slaughter with Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and WoD being an absolutely support joke they are taking a backseat with Legion and allowing Blizzard to do what they do best. I guess time will tell, but this is complete make or break for me.. if Legion turns out like WoD with content draughts (And I know they have promised this won't happen this time and they are going to work out a content delivery plan 7.1 is already annouced and I love the idea of going back to Kara especially as it will support the Lore with Kadgar and the Kirin Tor and I loved Kara back in the day obviously it won't be the same as it wouldn't make sense.

So what I'm saying is, I understand a lot of people are angry. Wait for Blizcon if you have to. But I'm giving them one last chance as I loved the old Blizzard maybe I'm stupid to but we will see. From what I've seen they are really trying and they have nailed the class changes in my eyes.
umandez
Sergeant
Sergeant

by norm964bgb » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:55 am

PvP looks REALLY shitty.
It looks like a arena MOBA by now.
If I farm gear for a 3/4 year I want to be able to oneshot stuff!
It's NOTHING like a RPG anymore.
Hell, Swifty runs BGs naked now...
norm964bgb
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by umandez » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:07 am

norm964bgb wrote:PvP looks REALLY shitty.
It looks like a arena MOBA by now.
If I farm gear for a 3/4 year I want to be able to oneshot stuff!
It's NOTHING like a RPG anymore.
Hell, Swifty runs BGs naked now...

They want Arena and BGs to be a level playing field so gear and stats are normalized.

World PvP is still better gear = rape.

It's still an RPG, not as hardcore but still an RPG.

PvP is fun and is more about skill instead of who's got the most gear pewpewing newbs, CCing, Spell locking. Which imo is better than a warrior popping recklessness and one shotting a priest because the class balancing was utterly retarded, really fun for the warrior but the priest is raging.

Or healing at the back of the group and a rogue kills you in an ambush and a SS, yeah really fun.
umandez
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Norjak » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:31 pm

umandez wrote:If you enjoy the story and the lore (Which I really do) the Pre-Patch does an amazing job of filling the gaps

Blizzard has retconned their own lore so many times, it makes me want to vomit in Chris Metzen's face.
I'm glad it makes sense within the last couple years, and people are able to enjoy it. But in the long run, there are many inconsistencies.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Arucado » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:58 am

Let's buy legion.

Can't wait for a lineal leveling killing mobs pushing 1 single button without even looking at my HP, getting overhealed by myself with every class.

Once i reach lvl max i will stand doing dungeons for few days, waiting alone in SW for dungeon finder, and after 15min of complete autism, begin to 2shot every mob without ccing, threat control, mana management etc. In fact i don't even need to rest, just pull moar and killing moar.

Then once i've ran the same dungeons over and over without moving 1 pixel from my city, ill have my first legendary item (wow, incredible it will feel so damn amazing). Now i gotta pass to next step.
Sitting in the same pixel again, waiting for LFR 40minutes to do the exact same thing than in dungeon, just in a different environment.

Ok, now lets go to the first and only available raid, lets get those epic items for my char. Oh wait, i don't need them, PVP doesnt require pve items, in fact it doesnt' require any item, u can go naked. Thats fine, i can buy a boost, leveling my char to max lvl in 3 days and im done with the game, but thats fine, i still have 10120120 mounts to farm 1shotting old content bosses, pets for poke-battles and scaling arena rating untill the game dies in the 26th expansion. Cool.
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Arx_1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:21 pm

Posts like that of umandez should be deleted. It is a badly concealed ad for retail. It is not even worth of a comment, just delete it. All BS.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bearier » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:41 pm

Arucado wrote:Let's buy legion.

Can't wait for a lineal leveling killing mobs pushing 1 single button without even looking at my HP, getting overhealed by myself with every class.

Once i reach lvl max i will stand doing dungeons for few days, waiting alone in SW for dungeon finder, and after 15min of complete autism, begin to 2shot every mob without ccing, threat control, mana management etc. In fact i don't even need to rest, just pull moar and killing moar.

Then once i've ran the same dungeons over and over without moving 1 pixel from my city, ill have my first legendary item (wow, incredible it will feel so damn amazing). Now i gotta pass to next step.
Sitting in the same pixel again, waiting for LFR 40minutes to do the exact same thing than in dungeon, just in a different environment.

Ok, now lets go to the first and only available raid, lets get those epic items for my char. Oh wait, i don't need them, PVP doesnt require pve items, in fact it doesnt' require any item, u can go naked. Thats fine, i can buy a boost, leveling my char to max lvl in 3 days and im done with the game, but thats fine, i still have 10120120 mounts to farm 1shotting old content bosses, pets for poke-battles and scaling arena rating untill the game dies in the 26th expansion. Cool.

Wow, way to show you have absolutely no idea what the game is like anymore. Just another dumb Arucado post.

Last I checked, it was in Vanilla WoW that people pressed 1 button over and over again to kill mobs.

As a Frost Mage I have:

Frostbolt
Ice Lance
Flurry
Ebonbolt
Glacial Spike
Frozen Orb
Ice Nova
Frost Nova
Blizzard

How many of those abilities existed in Vanilla? Oh, three. One single target.

I love Vanilla WoW, don't get me wrong, but when I see retarded posts like this, it just makes me realize how ignorant the Vanilla WoW Harpies are and makes me wonder if I want to even continue to play on private servers knowing that these are the kind of people I have to run around with. Yes, I get it, you don't like/hate Blizzard anymore. You don't need to make shit up to make yourself feel better about the fact that your private server got shut down and your precious character you poured your entire life into is gone forever.

For the record, I am enjoying Legion (I didn't play in WoD... leveled up my characters in pre-patch using the invasions), but I also love Vanilla wow. As a person who isn't just going to bash one or the other, I can tell you I acknowledge both have their ups and downs, but I'm not going to make long rant posts making shit up to try and bash one or the other.
Bearier
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Off topic