Is it the next big thing?

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Is it the next big thing?

by VeloxBanks » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:12 am

smilkovpetko wrote:http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/index.php?/topic/192-project-update-july-17th-2016/#comment-2437

Darkrasp Posted July 22

We intend to have our open beta by the end of the summer. Full release will depend on how the beta goes and how long it takes to fix all the problems we find. We aren't going to launch a badly broken server.

Today Date :

14 September 2016. Beta not opened yet.

Staff Answers for that: https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/com ... /?sort=new

[–]darkrasp 14 points 7 days ago

(Crestfall Staff) I'd like to know where it was announced two weeks ago that Beta would be beginning now. Do you have a link for this? I looked through my update two weeks ago and all I can find is "Regular updates will resume on Monday September 5th, when I hope to have information about the Beta for you." If I posted somewhere that Beta would definitely start this week, then I'd like to know where that was. Thanks.

"The mighty server" and their /brag /flex /promises (propaganda only).

Seems like you're spending more time bashing Crestfall than actually playing on that perfect server of yours. What? Did they mess up holy resistance?

Do the poor souls that play there hate you yet? Please do be honest. It's not hard to guess but I wanna see if you'll lie just to make it seem like there's SOMEONE on this planet that could endure more than 5 minutes of your idiocy (hats off to anyone that lasted even that long).

I see you're not letting go of the whole Pserver war effort so let me TRY to convince you that what you're doing is stupid and pointless, even though if you haven't figured it out already you're beyond anyone's help...
IF whatever server you're playing on is as good as you say it is, people will go there and play. No need for your CONSTANT input.
IF Crestfall (or any other server) turns out as bad as you say it is people will see that and they'll leave. Even less need for your CONSTANT input.

So now please tell me what's the point of your constant moaning? What? You're not afraid that Crestfall will blow whatever server you're playing on our of the water, are you? That it'll actually be good and get the most pop out of all Vanilla Private servers? That IF that happens, you won't be able to play there because everyone already hates you? Because slav is "racist" and that server "promotes racism"? Those last two problems will be met in ANY server so don't get your hopes up. I'm not touching "slav is racist" as a serious topic. It's just a joke as it always will be. Same as you!

Now let me explain the whole "missing" beta thing... Actually, no. I'm not explaining shit. Get a dictionary, look up "intend" and come back with one more (and what will possibly be your only) fold in your brain. Figuring out what that word means will answer your "question". It was INTENDED to release beta at the end of summer. That would have happened if everything went as planned. Things didn't and now the beta will come later (not that it was even legitemately set for today but whatever). Honestly, the devs don't owe you much of an explination. Infact hey don't owe you anything as was mentioned before. Their focus is to make a good server, NOT to make you happy with PR stunts and hype building.

"Ohh, well the server sucks then. They let something go wrong!". I know that's the response I'm gonna get and I'm just gonna let people with half a functoning brain figure out why it's a dumb thing to say. Anyway.

I don't expect a mindless maggot like smilkov (AKA killerdukie) to stop or even tone down his shilling tantrums. A lost cause if I've ever seen one. This reply is actually for anyone thinking of listening to him.

You should ALWAYS form your own opinion. Whether you use other people's opinions as a lead is your choice but I highly recommend you do 90% of the thinking yourself. Then there are people like smilkov who's opinion should just be thrown back in the shitter where it was taken from.

Waiting for smilkov to kill more of my brain cells with his next reply.
'tis but a jest, brother!
VeloxBanks
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smilkovpetko » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:56 am

VeloxBanks wrote:-Angry because of quote and legit criticism, defending racism and the terrible knowledge dvelopers have related to Vanilla. Especially defending Pay to Win Server-

All the answers are here for the quote on my previous reply :

http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/inde ... te-952016/

Good afternoon,

Just a quick update of where we're at right now and what's left to do before Beta.

This has been a bit of a slow one since half our staff are addicted to Legion. Typically they aren't around the staff chat much, sometimes they pop in and say one or two words about Legion and then vanish again for hours/days, so I have no idea what progress has actually been made on the core side since Legion launched. My assumption is that they will get bored at some point and get back to communicating eventually. Until then, we'll just go with the most recent information I have.

In this case, the broken spells fall almost exclusively into two categories. About half of them are due to the system not recognizing a debuff as a negative effect, so it is applied as a buff which the player can simply click off.

The old system for doing this was really hacky and terrible, Asura rewrote it, but we're still working on figuring out the optimal way to do this, so we expect this to be a bit buggy for now. The other major category is bad "implicit targets", or spells that mobs cast on the wrong target. Ie, Frenzied Command buffing the target instead of the caster. This is similar to the first one in terms of adjusting targeting. There are a handful of other one-offs where spells have a dummy effect that requires a server-side script to function properly, or broken proc rates on some proc-based spells.

Anyways, on the brighter side, I'll post those clips here and you can see some of the AI in action. It's not perfect yet but we're pretty happy with it so far.

There's a bug whereby characters occasionally get stuck on the loading screen. The only way out of this is to force quit the client. When you try to log back in, it tells you the character is already in the game, and it won't let you delete it, the character remains stuck there until the server is reset. That's major bug #1

The second major bug has to do with AFK players. I don't completely understand this, so I may be a bit off here, but to the best of my knowledge, there's a packet called Standstate that tells the server whether a character is standing or sitting. For some reason an AFK player will occasionally spam the server with this packet so hard that the server crashes.

The same person that claims "Holy Resistance should exist" in items with "All resistance" . :D

http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/inde ... mment=9192

Progress has been a bit slow the past week, but it's not really on Legion to blame.. I've been sick the past week, so I haven't been capable of doing much, thus the Legion grind. We're still looking decent, but some staff is on vacation, some staff(like me) are sick, and some non-development staff are enjoying Legion. It's a mix of different things. Things will be back on track soon.

Because some of us look past the nostalgia factor and realize not all game changes were bad, especially considering how broken and unpolished vanilla itself was. Yeah, anything past WOTLK has been terrible, but Legion in itself is pretty enjoyable. Also, considering we do this for free, telling us to be more professional by not playing something we enjoy is pretty sad.

Reminds me on their former disbanded server and anything related to it they hiding.

So long with your famous most awesome server in the world claiming they are better than Nostalrius and telling everyone that Nostalrius had many things wrong.

The true face is showing slowly and gets exposed step by step.

Reminds me on their Downvoting and Deleting Reddit to trash and censor anyone who disagree with them.

http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/inde ... e-9122016/

Once upon a time, healing would have the same value as spell damage, so an item that could generate with +15 frost damage would also have +15 healing as an option (also noteworthy, at that time, +holy damage was still available, too). That got changed and healing was buffed up to be about 50% higher than spell damage per itemization point.

Blizzlike 500%.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by vanillaplayer2016 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:33 am

vanilla-servers.org is the right place to go. its in open beta now.
vanillaplayer2016
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Cardinalsin » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:54 pm

Yeah, look, I wouldn't bother trying to compete with Duki, he's just a broken record. He has a serious, legitimate problem with vanilla and private servers on one specific issue. He was persuaded to come onto the Crestfall Forums to make his case which he did so. The devs looked into it, went through the facts as they saw it, created a thread to put their side of the ttory to it, but ultimately rejected Duki's arguments. Some of us have similar issues with vanilla (Shamans for example) and we just out up with it on the basis that vanilla is not perfect.

End of story.

Since then, Duki has taken every opportunity to demean CF which is of course, totally unfair, but that's life. As we have said all along, check the forums, the FAQ's, the weekly updates to get a proper feel to how serious and professional the staff take this project.

It's incredibly competitive out there in the private server area. Servers will kill for sustainable populations and Crestfall is without doubt, the biggest threat to emerge to the current incumbents since Nostalrius. So it's no surprise to see the hostility and the spamming/shilling taking place.

God only knows what it will be like before launch.

So as always people, if you want to make an impartial judgement and not listen to Duke, me or anyone else. Join the forums and debate.

Best,

Cardinalsin/Oustanding
AKA Outstanding Opinions, threads and posts are my own
Cardinalsin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:32 pm

Cardinalsin wrote:Don't bother quoting Crestfall GM's fail words and mistakes, you will get negative propaganda

Crestfall you claim that is/will/could be best in the world have nothing in action.
Yet.
They said they have been preparing even before the release of Nostalrius!.

Crestfall still stuck on Loots fixing , Abilities are not even Scripted, Beta is not even release when they said they intend to do it by the end of Summer , they tend to say their Forum is well and great but you have 100% toxic.

http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/inde ... omment-537

Asura
Nostalrius is a joke in terms of quality. Hacks, exploits, and bugged quests were rampant. AI was easily abusable as well. Why would they copy that and try to sell it as a normal product?

Also, as someone who works for an IT company, the code in most emulators is laughable at best compared to real world products. If anything, they'd toss it around as one big joke among developers.

No testers around to stream how well scripted their Server is, half of their Staff play Legion instead bothering with Server.

http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/inde ... omment-566
Darkrasp
What bothers me most about the whole situation, to be honest, the only thing that bothers me about it, is that the Nostalrius staff are seemingly being given credit for "the invention of private servers" altogether. Meetings with Blizzard? Contacted by game company executives past and present? These guys took a MaNGOS repack, did a handful of spellfixes, and improved the codebase just enough to support large populations without fixing any of the major underlying problems. Yet they give zero credit to the people who came before them and provided them with their emulator, and even reneged on their own promise to release their source, almost all of which they acquired under GPL anyways. Forget the fact that private servers have been around and popular for nearly a decade prior to the Nost launch.

I'm puzzled by the fact that they'd want the Nost team, but they aren't calling up Walla or Burlex or any of the guys who actually built the emulators Nost was using in the first place. That's like looking for a mechanic, and picking a car's driver over it's designer.

Nothing in action , only thing they have is Forum, Propaganda , Brag , Flex , How Great they are and will be.
Nothing with Evidence, just piece of words.

Words can be many and mighty, but problem is when the action comes out.

Duki will treat that server the same way as the Server treated him.

#lifeisbitch.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by VeloxBanks » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:01 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:
Cardinalsin wrote:Don't bother quoting Crestfall GM's fail words and mistakes, you will get negative propaganda

Crestfall you claim that is/will/could be best in the world have nothing in action.
Yet.
They said they have been preparing even before the release of Nostalrius!.

Crestfall still stuck on Loots fixing , Abilities are not even Scripted, Beta is not even release when they said they intend to do it by the end of Summer , they tend to say their Forum is well and great but you have 100% toxic.

http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/inde ... omment-537

Asura
Nostalrius is a joke in terms of quality. Hacks, exploits, and bugged quests were rampant. AI was easily abusable as well. Why would they copy that and try to sell it as a normal product?

Also, as someone who works for an IT company, the code in most emulators is laughable at best compared to real world products. If anything, they'd toss it around as one big joke among developers.

No testers around to stream how well scripted their Server is, half of their Staff play Legion instead bothering with Server.

http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/inde ... omment-566
Darkrasp
What bothers me most about the whole situation, to be honest, the only thing that bothers me about it, is that the Nostalrius staff are seemingly being given credit for "the invention of private servers" altogether. Meetings with Blizzard? Contacted by game company executives past and present? These guys took a MaNGOS repack, did a handful of spellfixes, and improved the codebase just enough to support large populations without fixing any of the major underlying problems. Yet they give zero credit to the people who came before them and provided them with their emulator, and even reneged on their own promise to release their source, almost all of which they acquired under GPL anyways. Forget the fact that private servers have been around and popular for nearly a decade prior to the Nost launch.

I'm puzzled by the fact that they'd want the Nost team, but they aren't calling up Walla or Burlex or any of the guys who actually built the emulators Nost was using in the first place. That's like looking for a mechanic, and picking a car's driver over it's designer.

Nothing in action , only thing they have is Forum, Propaganda , Brag , Flex , How Great they are and will be.
Nothing with Evidence, just piece of words.

Words can be many and mighty, but problem is when the action comes out.

Duki will treat that server the same way as the Server treated him.

#lifeisbitch.

With that last line you pretty much confirm that your constant bashing is born out of personal hatred rather than facts. Good job.

I've told you before. Seek help. You're a complete loony and I doubt anyone on this forum, the Crestfall forum or even the forum of whatever server you're currently playing on will deny that.
'tis but a jest, brother!
VeloxBanks
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Magnifican » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:01 pm

Wow this guy Smilkovpetko/Killerduki is really something... just. wow!
It makes me kind of sad to see how much damage he cause without even recognizing it himself.

First of all he makes all slavs look bad, when some are really great. Ye, people are good at that prejudice thing and there is already this sort of tension, and this doesnt help slavs look any better.

And second of all, which is more important in terms of vanilla wow scene, is that he makes us non-holy paladin more frowned upon than we already are.

Everything is so transparently obvious as well when you bash on a server and start talking about they got no proof and all propaganda and stuff, you would never say this if it werent for recent events on Crestfall forums that got you hurt feelings. Its all about these few class issues with you, mostly the holy resist thing, and its been like a broken record for a long time, on many servers, Feenix, Nost, Kronos, Crest, etc. for years!

Take a step back man and look at what reactions you cause everywhere you go. Everywhere its the same thing and nobody can take you seriously any more, and as I said this has been going on for years now. Its not that you are necessarily wrong in everything you say, but its the way you go about it. The only thing left to do is to shut you down/kick you out to keep every thread from derailing, it just wont stop. I would go so far as to say that censorship is not such a bad thing for some people after all.

And regarding topic and Crestfall: I wish them all the best luck. I will sure try it out myself. Not sure on what server yet though, the PvP or the PvE one.
Magnifican
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:34 pm

Magnifican wrote:Wow this guy Smilkovpetko/Killerduki is really something... just. wow!
It makes me kind of sad to see how much damage he cause without even recognizing it himself.

First of all he makes all slavs look bad, when some are really great. Ye, people are good at that prejudice thing and there is already this sort of tension, and this doesnt help slavs look any better.

And second of all, which is more important in terms of vanilla wow scene, is that he makes us non-holy paladin more frowned upon than we already are.

Everything is so transparently obvious as well when you bash on a server and start talking about they got no proof and all propaganda and stuff, you would never say this if it werent for recent events on Crestfall forums that got you hurt feelings. Its all about these few class issues with you, mostly the holy resist thing, and its been like a broken record for a long time, on many servers, Feenix, Nost, Kronos, Crest, etc. for years!

Take a step back man and look at what reactions you cause everywhere you go. Everywhere its the same thing and nobody can take you seriously any more, and as I said this has been going on for years now. Its not that you are necessarily wrong in everything you say, but its the way you go about it. The only thing left to do is to shut you down/kick you out to keep every thread from derailing, it just wont stop. I would go so far as to say that censorship is not such a bad thing for some people after all.

And regarding topic and Crestfall: I wish them all the best luck. I will sure try it out myself. Not sure on what server yet though, the PvP or the PvE one.

Truth can be painful sometime , there are huge differences between Quality server and Arrogant server.

1- Allowing Nationalism,Racism is something that is 100% wrong , regardless of the persons origins/nationality.
(if something is Racism then there is no exception to it, any excuses to allow it or ignore is wrong and offensive).
Example: http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/inde ... 9F/&page=1

2- Not every server have Holy Resistance problem , it is Crestfall specific case , Nostalrius already admitted and was confirmed on bugtracker.
(Other servers also removed Holy Resistance which is not case to any other server except Crestfall).

3- Telling the truth can hurt me and my personality , but i stick to the truth and will always be open to it.
(Actions are more important than Ignorance and Censorship).

4- Quoted words from previous Reply's/Posts are not my words , but Crestfall Official Administrators specific words.
(You blame me for quoting them).

5- I represent Paladins and i want full Blizzlike Quality for them, regardless of what kind of server is.
(people must know which server is good for them and their Class, only thing left for them is their choices).
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Xaverius » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:39 pm

I like the fact Killerduki has "Wisdom is priority" in his signature (albeit needlessly capitalized) yet he doesn't seem to heed his own motto very often.
Freedom was our highest good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6MGhMCQbgk
It's not us to go under the yoke.
We. Will. NOT! BOW!
Xaverius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Magnifican » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:54 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:Truth can be painful sometime , there are huge differences between Quality server and Arrogant server.

1- Allowing Nationalism,Racism is something that is 100% wrong , regardless of the persons origins/nationality.
(if something is Racism then there is no exception to it, any excuses to allow it or ignore is wrong and offensive).
Example: http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/inde ... 9F/&page=1

2- Not every server have Holy Resistance problem , it is Crestfall specific case , Nostalrius already admitted and was confirmed on bugtracker.
(Other servers also removed Holy Resistance which is not case to any other server except Crestfall).

3- Telling the truth can hurt me and my personality , but i stick to the truth and will always be open to it.
(Actions are more important than Ignorance and Censorship).

4- Quoted words from previous Reply's/Posts are not my words , but Crestfall Official Administrators specific words.
(You blame me for quoting them).

5- I represent Paladins and i want full Blizzlike Quality for them, regardless of what kind of server is.
(people must know which server is good for them and their Class, only thing left for them is their choices).

For all I know that could just be you trolling the forums as a chinese in a desperate attempt to provoke some hurtful comment that you could then use as "evidence" to badmouth the server everywhere. Nothing is beneath you, we all know this from past experience. If there are enough chinese players that want to play, they will get their own server opened all to themselves. And Asura even explained this in the last post in your link, on page 2, where he acknowledge racism and other bs in the private server community, and elaborates on his reasoning for the decision. Its clear you are just desperate to get something, anything, that you can use to badmouth them. This just isnt anything to go at. Nobody will care about this.

The really sad and pathetic thing about all this is that you are doing is simply because they rejected your Holy resistance claim. I mean wtf... They agreed on everything else, and they will fix Seal of Command and whatnot. Nost had plenty of pally bugs, so does Kronos. If Crestfall fix all pally stuff and leave Holy resist like they want it, then thats still a superior improvement to anything else in the pvt server scene, ever. And as you know, pallies are not the easiest class to fix. Ret alone is a mess.
I hope they get it right, and if they do, some holy resist isnt going to bother me at all. It will however hurt your precious threat in PVE, im guessing this is where the core issue actually lies.

""5- I represent Paladins and i want full Blizzlike Quality for them, regardless of what kind of server is.""

-No, you represent yourself. You just happen to be playing paladin, could've been anything else. All you are doing is besmirching non-holy paladins to be even more frowned upon by the community. People only need to visit a pally subforum on any vanilla server and there you are shitting all over the place.

Im just letting you know man. This "truth" you keep telling, nobody is going to listen, even if you are not 100% wrong, its the way you go about it and behave. In the end, its easier to just ignore you - which many devs have started doing.

As they say, GG man. You lost. In the end, we all know you will play on Crestfall if they get the mass population its building up to be.
Magnifican
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic