getmangos registration

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

getmangos registration

by wampuskitty » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:00 am

As this is off-topic I hope it's ok to post this. Reasonably relevant to private servers...

Seems that getmangos.eu now has a new terms of use and privacy policy you have to agree to to continue using the site or view the forums, which includes the following:

Unenforceable provisions

If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.

Indemnity

You hereby indemnify GETMANGOS and undertake to keep GETMANGOS indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by GETMANGOS to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of GETMANGOS’S legal advisers) incurred or suffered by GETMANGOS arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions[, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions].

While it's good to see something like this in place to protect websites and developers, I find this particular wording is pretty offputting, especially the "arising out of any claim..." clause. I'm not saying there aren't good reasons for it, just that it gave me pause for thought - not sure I like opening myself to legal indemnity of this nature, so I may not "agree".
wampuskitty
Grunt
Grunt

Re: getmangos registration

by Mimma » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:19 am

While wording might be strong, the clause will not hold in any court anyway.
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Return to Off topic