They are remaking the first Diablo...

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

They are remaking the first Diablo...

by Rotgur » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:10 pm

Why do they have no problem bringing back other older games but not WoW? :(
Rotgur
Private
Private

Re: They are remaking the first Diablo...

by Guessilldps » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:19 pm

Rotgur wrote:Why do they have no problem bringing back other older games but not WoW? :(

I wanted a D2 remaster... And as it's a part of an event, so I believe it's limited?
Guessilldps
Private
Private

by Ayumi » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:23 pm

Because its not as a big effort as remaking and hosting Vanilla obviously.
Ayumi
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Docholy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:32 pm

Rotgur wrote:Why do they have no problem bringing back other older games but not WoW? :(

Because remaking a diablo game wont take people away from any other Blizzard IP. Blizzard doesn't want to make a legacy wow since it will take players away from the retail game. Essentially creating two games and deluding the pool of players. Since MMO's are about having people around Blizzard is scared. Of course Blizzard doesn't seem to understand the game already has four player pools. The old, the new, the inbetween and those that want to try vanilla.
Last edited by Docholy on Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime- ... -community
Why stop at Rank 12 you ask? I ask myself that all the time!
Docholy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Norjak » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:33 pm

WoW requires a lot of care & feeding from GM's, systems maintenance, devs to set everything up, etc. Not to mention, the game is 12 years old & people have a laundry list of exploits+shortcuts, it will take an ongoing effort to thwart all of that and control the secondary market of gold farmers, leveling services, preventing account sharing, etc. etc...
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Eloah » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:59 am

Well no, they're doing a diablo 1 themed dungeon inside diablo 3 which lasts for about a month every year, which is a bit different.
Could even say that the gimmicks they use in that dungeon to be retro says that they have no clue what made D1/D2 succesful
Eloah
Private
Private

Return to Off topic