Server Caps - PVP Old Server

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Server Caps - PVP Old Server

by Alexpulos » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:02 pm

Hello,

Could anyone answer me a question about server caps on the upcoming release. They are talking about server caps at around 5k. I haven't seen anyone bring to light that the old server we all played on was well over that. Does this mean they are going to be queing it now? Not sure if anyone could provide a link. I tried to make an account to get on the forum's over there but i kept getting an error. Thanks!
Alexpulos
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Server Caps - PVP Old Server

by Lifealert » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:43 pm

Will be higher than 5k according to ama. Check the thread pottu posted in this section.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Alexpulos » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:28 pm

Thank you.
Alexpulos
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:08 pm

I don't think any cap is official yet but I'd hope for 7k, which is already 2x the retail standard. After this point, the game begins to suffer regardless of the hardware because the game world simply can't fit the players. Nost ran with 4x the original size stuffed into a single server, so it was a disaster. They refused to ever cap it because they wanted to brag and jerk it to however high they could get the population numbers, nevermind the fact that the server and its players suffered for it. More is not better past a certain point. Even if you can run a stable server, the game world just isn't big enough to house the players. We should have had 2 servers with this population divided, rather than 1 overstuffed server. All you need is cross realm BGs.

When Elysium comes, maybe they can do this properly, set a cap, then just open up transfers to a new realm for players who already own a 60 on it.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Scamp » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:15 pm

I'm sure they will adjust whatever the initial cap is if it becomes a problem
Scamp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pottu » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:30 pm

The cap has not been decided yet. Much depends on how the two stress tests go.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Koru » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:14 pm

Nothing is worse than caps, you dont want to sit in queue for hours. Just saying...
Koru
Grunt
Grunt

by Alexpulos » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:28 pm

One could only wonder that the data is for the you know who gold farmers in DM and what not... I wonder how much that contributed. Xiao i mean Ciao.
Alexpulos
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Aslan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:59 pm

Sounds like there actually will be a cap of some sort? Byebye raiding :).
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by lolpills » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:21 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam
lolpills
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Off topic