What WoW is now

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: What WoW is now

by Gabgab » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:38 pm

the amount of misinformation ITT is painfull

i bought WoD and quit 1 week after BRF release and all i can say is that some classic server heroes are not in the position to be able to rant about retail :mrgreen:
better keep your head low!
Gabgab
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Zetox » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:38 pm

Retail = Sandbox World mmo
Vanilla = Real World Mmo
Zetox
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Trolle » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:40 pm

selfies and twitter integration is actually a major point release? Wow :o
< Organ Harvest >
Maedsigil
Soetsaken
Smiskarinnan
Fyllepiraten
Nidabmi
Trolle
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fireheart » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:11 pm

Gabgab wrote:the amount of misinformation ITT is painfull

i bought WoD and quit 1 week after BRF release and all i can say is that some classic server heroes are not in the position to be able to rant about retail :mrgreen:
better keep your head low!

You realize most people who play private servers also play live? I've been playing 10 years it's da troof and recently took a break for the first time because of how boring the game is.

This post basically sums up every reason why I feel the game is boring, aside the dull class mechanics and uninteresting raids.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15699784744
Fireheart
Tester

by Ryson » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:05 pm

With WoD they implemented a "World PvP Zone" called Ashran. They promised at Blizzcon it would be an epic battle like old Alterac Valley (pre Patch 2.3). However they released an unfinished map with some random events and are currently forcing the players to participate (200 conquest points per week), even tho forums are flooded with QQ. Guess the 3-4 hour queue does not help either.. They promised some epic battle like old AV and gave the players a zergfest for casters and pveers afking in the background. It really feels unfinished like they built it in a couple of minutes useing some random scripts they found.
This video of Holinka (the current leading PvP designer) assambling Ashran has been leaked and kinda prooves it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDOnBv0gCKg
WHO DARES SUMMON LOKHOLAR?
Ryson
Grunt
Grunt

by Gabgab » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:27 pm

Fireheart wrote:aside the dull class mechanics and uninteresting raids.

i dont know about you but brackenspore mythic has more abilities than all bosses of MC and BWL combined
and dont get me started on dull classes when comparing them to 1 button vanilla versions :mrgreen:
Gabgab
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Smorgeybork » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:17 am

my ribs hurt

how anyone can pay $15 a month for this dribble is beyond me
Smorgeybork
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Killerwife » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:18 am

I myself played for 3,5 years, nothing much compared to you guys. To me the problem of nowadays wow is just too much streamlining. You tp to quest area, you tp to dungeons, you tp to whateverthehellyouwannado, and the RPG element is gone. You just rush, rush, rush, rush, rush. Everything needs to be so quick and managed. And the leveling seems to be made into an irrelevant disaster. I know, there have been a lot of quality of life changes, but at some point, they started to severely interfere with the experience and enviroment. Before, you wouldve killed 2-3 mobs in lets say 1-2 minutes if you were alright during lvling. Later on, a trend of having larger monster groups with easier mobs came and you suddenly kill 30 mobs in 5 minutes(I first noticed this in SWTOR, then it became prominent in MOP). At least to me, this is not something I want. The quest quality improved greatly(tho railroad questing is as well a questionable thing), raids are more complicated and classes are more complicated. But is the game enjoyable more? Maybe its due to the repetitivity of wow, seeing 3-4 expansions. New gems, new gear, new spell, etc. I dont have 1 issue with nowadays wow, its still a superb game and best there is. But over the years, the newer the content the more wow bores me for some reason. Maybe cos of the streamlining and loss of identity? You decide :)
Killerwife
Sergeant
Sergeant

by TheLockKing » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:34 am

The ability gutting that occurred in MoP killed it for me. I understand wanting to make every spec feel unique with its own playstyle, but removing staples of a class (T~T so long Cleave and Shadowbolt) because you can is idiotic.

Blizz also proved the old adage "How do you make an ability boring? Make the rotation center around it!" with Chaos Bolt and Metamorphosis. Both went from cool abilities you could get if you stuck with your spec (or rewarded for picking that spec in Cata) to literally the only thing your spec is known for.

So ya.. >.> I love the environments of WoD, I love the dungeons, I love the Raids.. but those mean nothing when the classes themselves feel boring and flavourless. Even CATACLYSM, a talent that can outright murder flag groups if done right, just feels meh to use..

-.- and they made Pyroblast look dumb.
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Shadow » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:06 am

Regnam1 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQR9XWGFkj4&feature=youtu.be&a

All i have to say

Where the heck do you find this sort of videos, I cannot stop laughing :)))))))))))))))

1'41'' But seriously there is new content on its way in 6,1. We've been working very hard on awesome new features for the game: Twitter Integration and S.E.L.F.I.E camera...'' :)))))
2'20'' ''- Resto druids still dominate PVP and some classes don't do anything at all
- Shamans?
-Completely useless''

Can't even type anymore from all the tears in eyes :)))
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
Shadow
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic