Why I´m choosing Nostalrius over Kronos

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Why I´m choosing Nostalrius over Kronos

by Asman » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:26 am

Kind of an reply to Mr. OrangeTheLord's thread.
Both projects are in a development for a very long time with a really dedicated staff behind them, I think quality-wise they'll be very similar but there are some points or maybe differences that I'd like to highlight.

About Nostalrius didn't open any quests to test about being a negative thing. I think both projects are meant to be really well scripted/fixed, both projects are being tested, why there were no quests opened on Nostalrius(or were they? If yes then ignore next three lines or more if you want to)? The reason has to be they are already tested and fixed, otherwise it would be a really bad advertisment if you would create an account and couldn't hit the god damn lazy peons(sorry Alliance). That would be a suicide, everybody knows that, everyone would go to Kronos after that.

I won't argue about "THIS WORKS ON KRONOS AND NOT WORKS ON NOSTALRIUS" and other very deep insightful posts, we can judge that only after official releases.

Here are MY PERSONAL(and I shifted it not only because I don't use Caps buy because some of those reasons is plus for someone else) reasons why I want to play on Nostalrius:
1. Release date - I was kinda hyped to play on Kronos in September 2014 when they said release in December 2014, that didn't happen, nuff said
2. Videos - These are really wanting me to play RIGHT NOW. Seeing pathfinding working better than on retail in these clips is really cool. I remember pathfinding on Feenix about 4 years ago, I have to say, it was good, but charging into the void was annoying even when it wasn't happening too often.
3. Community - This one is really controversial. I played on a lot of private servers and the fact that Kronos is a Czech server is really making me not wanting to play there. I know there will be a lot more english speakers than on their other servers(which are really well scripted I tell you) but even seeing Czech in chat makes me angry. Also some posts by Chero makes me think he's arrogant and intolerant but I might be wrong.
I really hate when people spam chat in their native languages when the chat is meant to be in english. And this happens alot when there are even a small percentage of Czech people(for those who would like to accuse me of being racist or something, I'm Czech myself and I want my country to be represented in the best way). This should be also better on Nostalrius.
4. Account trader - Seriously, what the hell. I know account trades will happen from time to time but supporting them? No, thanks.
5. Vanity items/respec gold - I think there should be absolutely NO items you can get outside of playing the game. Never. Respec gold cap reduced to 10 on Kronos will add more variability no doubt. But for me, I'd rather enjoy unmodified vanilla experience.

Well, I'm prepared to discuss your points on this thread, sorry for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker.
Asman
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Why I´m choosing Nostalrius over Kronos

by Moxey » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:31 am

we really dont need this topic discussed again
Moxey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by rewind » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:57 am

rewind
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Daemon » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:03 am

A similar topic has already been posted and locked.
Daemon
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Off topic