Newbie here ^

Role-play forum section.

Newbie here ^

by Symandra » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:24 pm

So I started playing this game about a month ago and I would love to do some RP but I never played any game like this before. Is there any guide on RP or where could I start ? (=
60 Symandra V. <Illustrious>
23 Nelis Shadeleaf <Illustrious>
13 Lenera the Exiled
Symandra
Tester

Re: Newbie here ^

by Damyck » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:15 pm

I don't know about any guide, well in the wowwikia you can find an extense one in fact but I don't really like it...it has lots of big words and thing that don"t really happen but you can give it a try. If you want to rp just try to be your character think as he/she will do, making a backstory use to help to know your character and forge his/her personality.
I"ll just tell you some basic general rules:

1.When RP'ing you don't know anyones name but if they have introduced themselves or your character IC knows it. May sound stupid but theres lots of people that read hour name over your head and begin calling you by it.

2.Do always as your character will do. You should have to find a reason of why your character will be doing anything you're about to do. E.G. if you're roleplaying as an adventurous traveler it will make small sense that your character wears rich cloths unless you give yourself a reason for that. (Stupid example I know and maybe its a Hard RP one).

3.Have fun and let the rp flow drive you. Don't geg ashamed if any griefer appears and begins insulting or saying things like: "omg /me is for stupids lol omg" just ignore them and if they really persist, /ignore them.

Hope it was worth the read and sorry for my bad english, I'm not a native and I'm typing in my phone hahab. You can always find that guide in the wikia if you really have time and pacience to read it.
Damyck
Private
Private

by Symandra » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:25 pm

Welp, that's lot of reading .., thanks (=
60 Symandra V. <Illustrious>
23 Nelis Shadeleaf <Illustrious>
13 Lenera the Exiled
Symandra
Tester

by Viorus » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:26 pm

Welcome, glad to have you aboard.

As far as RPing goes, i'm sure theres a ton of great guides on google.com.
Viorin, 60 Night Elf Druid (USA), Knight-Champion

"Strive for greatness."
Viorus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Role Play