Druids should have been NE only.

Role-play forum section.

Re: Druids should have been NE only.

by Viorus » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:50 pm

Legion will be released shortly. FINALLY THE TIME OF THE NIGHT ELVES!!! Welcome Demon Hunter!

Too little too late, the game lore is so dumb and the horde alliance team makes me cringe! I want to kill trolls, orcs, cows and zombies. I don't want to fight with those hideous beasts.
Viorin, 60 Night Elf Druid (USA), Knight-Champion

"Strive for greatness."
Viorus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Niko » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:10 pm

no
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by santeria » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:14 pm

Why would you want the horde to be evil? That shit is super cliche. That's what makes it different from a lot of other fantasy worlds, the horde are savage and usually brutal in there ways but there not "evil". There origins are shamanistic, the taurens are shamanistic, orcs are as well, and you could argue trolls have there own type of shamanism. (But fuck the Undead slaughter those abominations.) There not evil, just savage. That's great :)
santeria
Tester

by Crucifoe » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Viorus wrote:Why the hell were Taurens given the choice to be druids? Most every ability that druids posess originate from NIGHT ELF in warcraft 3. In that same game, ALL of the taurens are strength based characters. There is no magic usage amonst the Tauren (save shockwave), not to mention magic that is MOON/STAR/FAIRY/NATURE BASED.

So much no in giving cows the ability to star/moon fire. Entangling roots? That's keeper of the grove's main ability. Rejuvenation? Druids of the claw. Starfire? priestess of the moon's level 6 ability.

I can't wrap my head around how the hell the taurens were chosen to become druids. The only explanation that comes to mind would be that they felt both factions needed druids in order to be balanced.

Anyways, I'm done ranting. Hope you guys found this interesting / entertaining. Hopefully a server comes out one day with the races/factions that fit the LORE, no the developers wishes.

No magic? Yeah right! They can link spirits for damage sharing, become ethereal or corporeal at will, dispell magic, and ressurect fallen tauren. Spirit walkers were one of my favorite spell casting units. They clearly have mastery over advanced nature based magic.
Crucifoe
Tester

by Gutlord » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:43 am

santeria wrote:Why would you want the horde to be evil? That shit is super cliche. That's what makes it different from a lot of other fantasy worlds, the horde are savage and usually brutal in there ways but there not "evil". There origins are shamanistic, the taurens are shamanistic, orcs are as well, and you could argue trolls have there own type of shamanism. (But fuck the Undead slaughter those abominations.) There not evil, just savage. That's great :)

Yes.

Although most orcs were absolute savages aside from a few clans, wanting to conquer anything in their path. But the Humans have done evil things too, all the races have. That is what makes Warcraft so great, each humanoid race acts as most would think a "mortal" would, with different personalities and emotions etc.
Gutlord
Tester

by sanserof » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:26 pm

Garfunkel wrote:You're of course correct and a good solution would have been, as MoapChan said, to make warlocks Horde exclusive. Then you'd have druids/pallies on Alliance and shamans/locks on Horde.

My dream version of WoW would have been 3 factions instead of 2, each with only 2 races.

Alliance - Humans and Dwarves.
Horde - Orcs and Trolls.
Kalimdor(or whatever) - Night elves and Tauren.

No Forsaken, all undead are part of the Scourge. Gnomes the same as goblins.

Of course, there will never be a server/game like that.

Taurens joined the Horde lorewise, you can see this in Warcraft 3. Wouldn't make much sense at all allying them with Night Elves.
Sanserof - Night Elf Druid
Weezie - Troll Shaman
sanserof
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ProMeTheus112 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:32 am

I agree with OP and with idea of Warlock horde only. Also with dream-wow with like the 3 factions, like Alliance, Horde and Scourge.
ProMeTheus112
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Role Play