Events for the Community.

Role-play forum section.

Events for the Community.

by Avenhold » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:34 pm

Hello folks,

Just looking to gather what kind of events people would be interested in getting into. We can whine and moan all day about there not being enough RP/RPers around; however, the only way to fix that is through effort on our part. Do you wish to simply mill about in cities and talk shop inbetween your travels? Or perhaps you might seek adventure and danger in hopes of greater treasures and glory? This is for both Horde and Alliance.

Discuss away.
Greyan, Priest of the Holy Light
Grongin, Beardling of Anvilmar
Marados, Student of Magic
Avenhold
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Events for the Community.

by Justinlc91 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Introduction style RP and general RP tips:
(Intro RP is exactly as it sounds: one big icebreaker for all who are interested. Everyone shares the goal of getting their name and story out in to the community, it's the easiest form of RP to start..with a little patience and discipline!)
- It's best to have a handful of members who dedicate to this all day for several days instead of a single day and specific time as this deters players because it's easily viewed as a limitation. You should advertise simply as "Character introduction at X on Fri, Sat and Sun (ST date) the theme is: Harsh storm forces you to seek shelter in a nearby cave.
- Leading the theme using simple / irrelevant emotes to fill dead air can really lead to exciting plots: */e sips delicately from her tea while avoiding eye contact before placing the tea down and resuming a dignified posture.* Why is she avoiding eye contact? A dignified posture and practiced manners, is she royalty? If so..then why is she in Elwynn Forest living out of a backpack?! These are the questions everyone around you will be asking them selves.
- Think outside of the box when choosing your theme (be careful not to be extreme though...) chances are that everyone who shows up will have Rp'd in an inn or keep thus it's a little boring.. Forcing characters to seek shelter in a nearby cave to unexpectedly find they aren't alone is exciting and imaginative! It requires each player to think carefully of their characters physical and emotional condition, what supplies they have, are they sick or injured, was there a big bear nearby that may call this cave a home?? The limit is each players imagination and that's what makes it fun.
- "You're walking along a river when you hear light laughter nearby and suddenly the smell of roasted quail wafts through the air, you investigate further..." If this is your theme then it's best to be prepared for it.. Be sure you actually have some roasted quail. Don't be afraid to act surprised or even intimidated by a stranger stumbling upon your lunch.
- Random encounters: "Character introduction in Un'goro Crater (Mon / Tue, 05/16): I'm an extreme survivalist, though not by choice.. If you manage to find me perhaps I would tell you why?" In this instance a single player could advertise an RP while maintaining other in-game goals. (questing, gathering, etc) You could consistently update this event as you progress through zones and levels.
- Play the bag guy! An example: My character is Mirin Merrypot, a young human and practiced thief. The theme is an average night in the Goldshire Inn.. "/e subtly walks in to the room and sits in the chair nearest to the stairs.." (this introduces your character indirectly to everyone around you) "/e leans slightly closer to *characterwhowaswalkingby* before abruptly standing and bumping in to *characterwhowaswalkingby* "my apologies miss!" /e turns away quickly to sit in a far corner, something tightly in his grip!" (it's obvious you've stolen something, the mystery is what did you steal?). Not everyone has to be a hero, what's a hero without the villain anyway?

The goal of this is to keep the thread alive and inspire / motivate people. I don't play here at the moment otherwise I'd do it my self.
It'll take time and dedication but the RP community can thrive if we all put in some effort; even just briefly showing up to an event can get your name out there and inspire others to join in on the fun!
Justinlc91
Private
Private

by Avenhold » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:52 pm

Justinlc91 wrote:It'll take time and dedication but the RP community can thrive if we all put in some effort; even just briefly showing up to an event can get your name out there and inspire others to join in on the fun!

I totally agree. Your post is definitely informative; however, I'm still curious as to what the community wants to see as events. Whether it's some general tavern banter/games, a brutal orc raid on a sleepy village, or just some travel role play and what have you.

Justin is right folks, if you want RP here on the server- instead of just glancing over forum posts before returning to your leveling, we need attendance to do this kind of stuff.

P.S. - I've even been giving some thought to starting up some forum RP just to help smooth people into it. Thoughts, comments and concerns?
Greyan, Priest of the Holy Light
Grongin, Beardling of Anvilmar
Marados, Student of Magic
Avenhold
Grunt
Grunt

by Mugo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:28 pm

My only concern's that with so many lolercoasters and steamroflecopters around such events would be ruined and all we left with is some secluded for a short time area with so much few of us it'd be unbearable. I hope I'm greatly mistaken this time, just this server.
Mugo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Role Play