Forming New Casual Horde RP Guild. Thoughts?

Role-play forum section.

Forming New Casual Horde RP Guild. Thoughts?

by Pukington » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:24 pm

Hello Everyone,

I've been playing on Nostalrius for a couple of weeks now and I noticed that Horde side RP is almost non-existent. Yes there is the LFRP channel that I have yet to see anyone other than myself even say 'Hello' on. I also read on these forums about Covenant of Kalimdor, but I have not ever seen anyone from that guild online. So, I have an idea to make my own guild. I have not come up with a name yet; I wanted to bounce this idea off of these forums to see if there is any interest.

If there are enough interested people, I will go a head and create the guild, but I will need someone to actually run it. You see, I want to be in a casual RP guild, not run one.

Please let me know if interested. Contact me in game or on these forums.

Thank you
Pukington
Tester

Re: Forming New Casual Horde RP Guild. Thoughts?

by Psyentific » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:48 pm

"I want to be in a casual RP guild, not run one."

Too bad, you're probably gonna have to run one.
Psyentific
Tester

by Dantedude » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:57 am

Hey man,

I havent rp propely in wow yet, however i do have good experience in DMing at d&d.

My proposal is the following:
We create a dm like guild. About 5-10 people at least and we'll direct rp events and stories.

For example we start a thread on the forum that whoever wants to join our rp story to private message us an on the X date and hour to be in front of ratchet and form a circle. Then one of us will just appear in the middle as a rogue or something and will tell a tale of a hidden treasure bla bla. To start the quest they must each do a ritual dance in fromt of a dangerous place (i.e. The opposite faction capital) and then a spirit will appear. They will each get a bag of gold (i.e. Flour puch :p) and have togo to an armourer to buy their weapons i.e. Some grey weapon. Then they have to defeat an evil demon in the gurubashi arena with just that dagger. I.e. All players will be withiut the epic gear and they'll face a geared player which will let them win at some point or something. Winning the event will complete the quest and they will all receive a letter and some simple item to make :)

Point being we need some peoe willing to act out their role as "npc" in this quest. But we can design the story really cool and hAve like a secret ritual in some sort of a cave which the players will spy on bla bla and create the path of the story around each players background: i.e. If you never met your parents a ghost may show up as the ghost leading you to good or bad etc. million possibilities.

Sorry for the typos im on my phone.

Let me know if you're interested :)

Peace
Dante
Dantedude
Tester

by Tarvish » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:26 pm

I've only been leveling for a few days now so my character isn't exactly high level yet. But I was considering starting an to guild. When I get the funds to start one up, I'll let you know.
Tarvish
Tester

by Morogk » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:25 pm

I have only limited time to run a guild, as I also have a girl friend who will take much of my time.

Although perhaps I can help in other ways!

If I was to make a guild I would make "Warsong Outriders".
The guild story to be to be the IC-version of the NPC faction Warsong Outriders for Warsong Gulch. Early events could take place in Barrens, Stonetalon, Ashenvale (perhaps some low lvl PvP?). But also field trips to strengthen ourselves could be very possible.

Any good? :D
Morogk
Tester

by Pukington » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:17 am

Tarvish wrote:I've only been leveling for a few days now so my character isn't exactly high level yet.

I would not worry too much about level. You don't need to be high level in order to rp, and there are a lot of players including myself that are still leveling up. IMO the journey is the adventure not the destination.

Dantedude wrote:
I havent rp propely in wow yet, however i do have good experience in DMing at d&d.

My proposal is the following:
We create a dm like guild. About 5-10 people at least and we'll direct rp events and stories.

I like the idea of creating these story lines and events. I think that they could be a really fun thing to do. I also think that they can be done from within a normal guild not just a special DM guild. That way people interested in roleplaying and playing in character can have place to chat while they level up, forrage, grind, etc.

That said, will need to find a people to collaborate and write these stories, and play them out as you said. We would also need to set up a date and time using server time. This can be a challenge since people from all over the world and all different times zones are able to join.

Let me know what you think.
Pukington
Tester

by Dantedude » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:05 pm

Hey man, gladly.

Tell you what, i'll write up a story, PM it to you, draw out the roles (aka "npc" DM like players we'll need) and you tell me what you think, and let's get this going :) TBH i dont fancy to try and group a guild together for this, i'd rather do the adventure, the guild will follow :) (i.e. we can pull people from other guilds in the story till it gets off the ground).

Peace,
Dante
Dantedude
Tester

by Talryx » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:36 pm

Good luck, not many RPers on the horde side.
Talryx
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Morogk » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:13 pm

Please include me! I will get started on my Orc right away!
Morogk
Tester

by Pukington » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:22 am

Dantedude wrote:Hey man, gladly.

Tell you what, i'll write up a story, PM it to you, draw out the roles (aka "npc" DM like players we'll need) and you tell me what you think, and let's get this going :) TBH i dont fancy to try and group a guild together for this, i'd rather do the adventure, the guild will follow :) (i.e. we can pull people from other guilds in the story till it gets off the ground).

Peace,
Dante

Sounds good. I'll be looking forward to it.
Pukington
Tester

Next

Return to Role Play