Is multiboxing allowed for some RP scenarios?

Role-play forum section.

Is multiboxing allowed for some RP scenarios?

by MrDiap » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:12 am

Hello,

Want to clarify in case I'll start some RP eventmyself. Is having multiple accounts online allowed for RP purposes?

Scenario 1: I got a message that my friend/family member seen in some dangerous place (lets say in Raven's hill graveyard tomb). I'm looking for adventures in tavern who will help me to find some some clues and finally find the corpse of him (the second account) there. And then rescue him.

Scenario 2: I need to recover some artifact (whatever it is: some scribes/scrolls of Dalaran mage) and need some other character[s] to act as kinda NPC's, but who should be able to provide some clues / hints / items for the adventuring party.

So you get the idea. There are some of ideas which we can use semi-passive characters to support the RP event and provide more immersive adventures.

Here is the question: since MB is allowed for city trading, what is the state with multiboxing for RP?

P.S.: I know that I can ask one of the real player to be the one, however it is not really cool for two reasons: 1) not everybody wants to wait for hours in some forgotten cave/place, and 2) I don't want to give the information about the event to players so they couldn't spoil the outcome.
MrDiap
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Is multiboxing allowed for some RP scenarios?

by Pottu » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:42 pm

Multiboxing is not allowed. I would recommend you to instead place the "special" character in a cave or whatever well before hand and then have the player log to that character at the right time.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Return to Role Play