A burnt letter in your mailbox [H-PVE Event]

Role-play forum section.

A burnt letter in your mailbox [H-PVE Event]

by Horrere » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:33 pm

Stuffed between hundreds of other letters and parcels, you manage to find a letter addressed to you. The edges of the parchment were singed coating the paper in a thick charcoal dust that smeared the entire page. Curiously, there was a broken red wax seal on the back that was haphazardly melted shut again with an impression of a thumb over the original insignia.

Inside the parchment appeared to be even more weathered than the outside. Only small bits and pieces of the letter were still preserved in their original state with the rest of the parchment holding a yellow and orange tint before fading into black ash. In the center of the page scrawls out, “Gold, Glory, and Rare equipment! Do you have what it takes to be a part of this adventuring group? Come to Hall of the Brave…” The texts drowns on for several lines written in simple orcish. Whatever else was written could no longer be distinguished other than a crudely drawn face of a hooded forsaken and a floating tribal mask. Near the very edge there was elegantly drawn hand giving a thumbs up, or would have been if the paper wasn’t burnt.

~*~*

OOC:
HORDE- Adventuring Group
PVE- Nostalrius
Lv 5 Minimum Requirement of Joining
IC Adventures, meetings, loot distribution.
Adventures will be gated to lowest member of the group.

When: Friday 8:00 PM EST October 23, 2015 (Or 2:00 AM Server)
Time together: 1 Hour Planned Event.
Idea: Recruitment of members for an adventuring Group. With each meeting, level requirement will rise to join.
If planning to attend- Leave note of how your character will perceive receiving this letter in the mail.
Little to no RP experience needed to apply.

*For new Role-players
Make your character’s name, what he/she looks like (I.E. defining features), and main motivation.
For example- Why would your character want to join on an adventuring group? Is it to earn gold to pay someone off? To kill off another member of the adventuring group which you have a vendetta against?

**It is the right of the group to remove any player who is deemed disruptive to the event.
Last edited by Horrere on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Horrere
Private
Private

Re: A burnt letter in your mailbox [H-PVE Event]

by itomon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:59 pm

awesome! What is the procedure to appliance? ^^
itomon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Horrere » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:12 am

Itomon -

If I understood your question correctly, one only needs to show up to the event. However, by responding to the thread, I can better craft the story of how everyone will interact together. I'm making this event under the idea of old school Dungeons and Dragons roleplay. A group comes together, all for different reasons to do... things!

Let me know if I can clarify more.

~*~
As of Monday, the event is still a go. I will update if there are any changes to the event time/day due to RL obligations.
Horrere
Private
Private

by Jijzo » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:35 pm

If you are at all interested in role playing, please come to this event! The more attendees, the more epic the adventure!
Jijzo
Private
Private

by Horrere » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:49 am

To get people in the mood for what is about to come...

Consider it theme music..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_zPFYAqu0I
Horrere
Private
Private

by Horrere » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:21 pm

Level requirement now reduced! Get to level 5 and enjoy the fun.
Horrere
Private
Private

by Jijzo » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:32 pm

I can't wait for this! Right now, even, I am at the school library creating the skeleton of my first ever role playing character! I'm hoping for at least 5 people to show up.
Jijzo
Private
Private

by itomon » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:33 am

Okay! Do you know what server time is 8:00 PM EST?
itomon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Jijzo » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:54 pm

I am sorry, I do not. If the forum time is the same as the server time I will edit this post with what I think it is.

I think it is 12:00 pm.
Jijzo
Private
Private

by Jijzo » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:49 am

Awesome event, guys! Thanks to the members of <Horde RP> for showing up and forging a beginning of a story!
Jijzo
Private
Private

Next

Return to Role Play