Searching for a RP guild on the pvp server

Role-play forum section.

Searching for a RP guild on the pvp server

by Argale » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Ello
as it is stated, im playing in the pvp server atm, and im seraching for rp-pvp-pve ( any of them or all ) guild.
Argale
Tester

Re: Searching for a RP guild on the pvp server

by itomon » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:49 pm

As much as I'd like to take pride in the "RP Initiative" that sought to create "open, official RP umbrella guilds on each server" I'm currently too much focused on the PvE Server to provide any reliable news about the PvP server and its RP community.

Still, if you feel like doing it, I'll be gladly setting you up as an Officer of these guilds if you want to carry this initiative ownard in the PvP servers, we have officers there already, but the more we have, the better will be the recruitment, activity and thus the chances of having a really nice, welcoming, interesting community inside those guilds.

Let me know what you think about it. I can also be found in our Teamspeak server
Address: 209.239.114.150:11347
password: RP

best regards,
Itomon/Delong/Ajhek
itomon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Argale » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:09 am

Thank you for the reply itomon, if you can explain more about the Rp umbrella guild because it sound a strange and interesting idea.
Does it mean, one guild that contain all the guilds ? for example, the guild name is ( Alliance RP ) and inside it we have: dwarfen clans, Scarlet crusaders etc etc each with it own system but all under one umbrella ?
Argale
Tester

by itomon » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:30 pm

Sure, its a pleasure! We created four guilds, one in each faction of each of the servers. <Alliance RP> and <Horde RP> are the names. They are meant to be open, welcoming guilds for the entire RP community, from casual to veterans alike. Then, we use the Ranks to tag each member to their desired RP level: "Casual RP" or "Heavy RP". The only real difference between them is that the Heavy RP can use the /o chat for subjects they find more fitting to veterans only (a RPer that finds annoying having too much OOC on /gchat can disable it and stay exclusively on /ochat in example)

Then, we have a third (and fourth) ranks named "GM" (and "GM-Heavy"), they have a special permission that allows them to edit the Public Notes. These notes can be read in the guild roster, and we can sort the members by the Notes alphabeitcally. And that is where we put each character's filiation towards a "subguild", and we can then build one "Scarlet Crusade", one "Cenarian Circle", one "Argent Dawn" -- all inside the same guild. (the GM-Heavy is just a GM who are looking for exclusive Heavy RP, but a Casual RPer can be recruited by him/her if he/she thinks that Casual meets the requirements).

That's all. We're always looking for Officers that might join and keep that organization, and together, build a "structured RP community inside Nostalrius'. The simpler way to look at these guilds is to imagine "A RP Server inside the Server", although the Admin powers are still the Nostalrius Admins and all we can do about grievers is to /ignore them, to Mute them (a special warning rank), or in the worst case, /gkick them ^^'

Also, we make it easier for those people who want to RP but don't want to leave their guilds (usually because they are raiding /PvE/ PvP also), with the /RP channel and with the guildname floating over our heads. ^^

Here is another topic about these guilds https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24062
Hope we can play together anytime soon!
o/
itomon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Argale » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:06 am

Thank you itomon, it is indeed a great idea, and I would love to participat in it, but for now, I dont think the current server situation nor the amount of role players in the pvp-server can support such idea, for now I think we should establish some guilds with the right-strong foundation, we can move to the long rum idea, which you just explained , what do you think ?
Argale
Tester

by itomon » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:26 pm

I disagree. I've joined Nostalrius in September, and I've spent more or less 1 month playing and advertising the <Alliance RP> and <Horde RP> guilds in the PvP server. And as much as I had trouble with some veterans who wanted to put me (and the idea) down, I've thrived and managed to build a small group that was fairly fun and welcoming.

The biggest challenge of this project is that the already working Guilds see us as a threat when we suggest we should all "merge in one same guild'. But that's not true, as long as we can work together the guild is just a tool for newcomers and novice RPers (and for players who don't want to RP a character affiliated to a group, among other things).

I also had to deal with a specific griever who actively tried to sabotage the guilds, and I wasn't prepared for this. The same happened on the PvE server, 3 days after its release--but that time I was prepared with the help of the officers Felix and Eluné. I bring them close to my heart, since whatever we achieve is much likely because those two (and ofc, those who didn't leave the guild at that time because of drama).

But it is just my point of view as a solo player trying to put this project into motion. I am now in PvE servers, and both <Alliance RP> and <Horde RP> have grown, provided fun events and groups and that is not my merit, but because people joined, and gave it a chance.

So if you ask me if you should or should not try this, then I'd say you should definetly try it. If you work for it, it will be a great place for you and other RPers as long as they are willing to work together. I've seen that happen, so I'm sure its possible (it's happening on PVE!).

"A dream dreamt alone is just a dream." Maybe something so focused on consent and group-work as RP should also be seen like this... so don't let your adventures be just a dream. Make it happen... together!

Best Regards,
Itomon
itomon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:22 am

Either way I can update this on the Guild listing to keep in touch. just let me know via Pm or ingame on what you all decide.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Kiffer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:39 am

<The Order> is still alive and kicking.
Kiffer
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Role Play