The lone traveler

Role-play forum section.

The lone traveler

by Dongabhana » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:54 pm

The descent from the mountains to the highlands was tortuous.
As a region, Dun Morogh was covered in snow. Mighty ravines scored their way across the tumbled landscape, draped in grasping ranks of sleek-barked trees and snow covered undergrowth.
For a few days the snowing had held off, letting the lone traveler having a clear view of the land scape. But the cold from the mountain peaks hadn’t subsided even though he was getting closer to his destination.
The snowline was far above him, but the biting wind made the air frigid. The summits now rose around him on all sides. He had reached the heart of the high country, and the road rose and fell constantly, winding and diving around great outcrops of grey-banded rock. The few trees in these parts were dark pines grasping on to the edges of the mighty cliffs with gnarled roots.
And then it had started raining…

“Damn this weather!”The lone traveler yelled out loud. Followed by cursing.

Throwing fists at the grey colored clouds above him while yelling curses; he didn’t notice the rocks lying on the road in front of him. He fell head first into the mud.
Lying in the mud was a black haired dwarf soaked to his bones. He was wearing a ragged cloak, once blue colored but time had made it look more like brown leather. At his waist was strapped a blade and a knife and on his back was a old crossbow. Unlike his ancestors, this dwarf didn’t fancy the heavy armor his family had given him. He felt caged in those things: unable to use his speed and agility which, even by Elven standards, were pretty good.
He stood up and tried to clean himself, but a quick look down his body told him it was worthless trying.
The rain fell heavy making it hard to see anything on the old road. The dwarf started walking again. Cursing at the Gods, he didn’t even notice the town walls coming ever closer.
Looking up from the rain soaked ground, he finally saw the town. Kharanos the town sign said. Small sized with only a few houses, a blacksmith and a stable. This wasent what the dwarf was looking for when he entered the main road of the town. His goal was set on something entirely different: beer. Foamy, strong, brown ale. Dwarf brewed strong as a cow’s kick.
And suddenly he saw his destination. The local Inn.

“By the mother of everything that’s holy” He cried, almost starting running. If it wasn’t for his large backpack, he probably would have. His mood instantly became better.

He kicked the door in and yelled in dwarfish
“I’ll have the largest, strongest, meanest, most dangerous beer this sad place has to offer!”

Finally, the traveler had reached some kind of safe place. A place with a warm bed, ale and perhaps even work.
---------------------------------------------------
Hey fellow rp people

I just wanted to introduce my character in a more living way.
I've started a dwarf on the PVP server, and im hoping to hook up with some of you for some rp'ing.

Cya ingame
I thought this was a dating site?
Dongabhana
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: The lone traveler

by itomon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:46 pm

Thanks for sharing your story! please type "/join RP" in your character to join the RP channel and meet more ppl to RP with! :)
itomon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Jaykylls » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:00 am

Dong, neat intro! Posting my own soon too!

Itomon, keep spreading the word. Good job.
Mulen wrote:well man i dont know sometimes i just let the flow hit me hard in the face .. then i relax with milk and go watch cartoon. and then it hits me again.. im not done and i continue pvp and the funny thing is that i dont even need black or purple at all
Jaykylls
Grunt
Grunt

by Dongabhana » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:25 am

itomon wrote:Thanks for sharing your story! please type "/join RP" in your character to join the RP channel and meet more ppl to RP with! :)

That channel seems very dead. But i've joined and added you (delong?) on friends list
I thought this was a dating site?
Dongabhana
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by itomon » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:06 pm

Thank you both! Itomon is a horde character, you can also want to add:
horde: Ajhek, Grennan, Mord
Alliance: Delong, Grome, Prala, Gorwal

Those are my characters in PvE realm. In PvP: Ajhek (Horde) and Delong (alliance).

the channel is just like the RP community on nostalrius: it is what we make of it. If it looks dead, please try giving it some life, any way you wish to help our community.

If each of us stand as passive, waiting for RP to "show up", then no one will see RP happening, at all. But I'm also thinking about forming a Officer-GM group inside each guild that may start promoting regular open events for the guild and make things more consisten than just "let it happen".

Because, so far, as you said you perceived, it is not happening much :(
itomon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Jaykylls » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:07 pm

Good point Itomon. I too have left the channel because of the inactivity of others but I chat, maybe it will help.
Anyway to see if others are in the channel as well?
Mulen wrote:well man i dont know sometimes i just let the flow hit me hard in the face .. then i relax with milk and go watch cartoon. and then it hits me again.. im not done and i continue pvp and the funny thing is that i dont even need black or purple at all
Jaykylls
Grunt
Grunt

by Kiffer » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:20 am

We're alive on the PvP server, I'm generally on LFRP/RP when I log in.

Displays flag
Kiffer
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Role Play