How To: Maximize Quality and Smoothness

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: How To: Optimize Quality and Performance

by Dessel » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:29 am

Thanks a bunch for putting the effort into this. I can't wait to try it out
Dessel
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hinzu » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:38 am

gxResolution 1920x1080 wont take, am I shit out of luck?
Hinzu
Tester

by Hinzu » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:02 am

So here is my issue, I'm using a NVIDA GeForce GTX 660 with a triple monitor set-up. Two are 1920x1080 and the other is 1080 x 1920 (I'm a programmer thus why its in Portrait). When I try to set my Resolution it refuses to give me the option of using 1920x1080. It seems to be detecting my portrait as my main display which isnt the case. If I unplug the Portrait monitor it allows for the wide screen 1920x1080 option but as soon as that third monitor gets plug in it move its over to that monitor and refuses to change the settings. Any help with this is much appreciated.
Hinzu
Tester

by skitszo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:35 am

OK... after playing for a couple hours.....woah...so worth it....
skitszo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Shadowlurk » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:06 pm

I am in the process of creating a Google Docs spreadsheet with each command and a corresponding description.

To view this work in progress, visit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Want your game to look visually stunning and run silky smooth? Read my guide.
Shadowlurk - Level 29 Troll Rogue (Expert Leatherworker / Expert Skinner)
Shadowlurk
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by alucard001 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Doing this command "frillDensity 256", i see that the terrain resolution is great, but only in a shor radius of the Character. How can i see frillDensity at max in any radius of my character?

I don't know if i explained well.

This is fucking awesome by the way
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Shadowlurk » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:16 pm

frillDensity only effects the density of ground foliage...like grass and flowers.

256 is the maximum value the Vanilla game engine can handle.
Shadowlurk
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Letokteren » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:36 pm

Brilliant and higly detailed summary! Thank you very much! (Good Lord! How the snowstorm in Dun Morogh looks like!)

Some addition:

If you have a different keyboard, you can install an english keyboard setting with the Add a language option in the Control panel (example), and switch between your native and the english one with ALT + SHIFT. Then simply press shift + 0 (with 0 I mean the key next to 1, above TAB – it's 0 on mine) and the console should appear.

Note that you can press the up and down button in the console, so you can retrieve previously entered commands if you want to experiment without too much typing.

If you want to use these settings with SweetFX (there is a thread about it here: http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1087) you have to set gxMultisample to 1.
Last edited by Letokteren on Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Letokteren
Grunt
Grunt

by Shadowlurk » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:45 pm

Hinzu wrote:So here is my issue, I'm using a NVIDA GeForce GTX 660 with a triple monitor set-up. Two are 1920x1080 and the other is 1080 x 1920 (I'm a programmer thus why its in Portrait). When I try to set my Resolution it refuses to give me the option of using 1920x1080. It seems to be detecting my portrait as my main display which isnt the case. If I unplug the Portrait monitor it allows for the wide screen 1920x1080 option but as soon as that third monitor gets plug in it move its over to that monitor and refuses to change the settings. Any help with this is much appreciated.

Vanilla WoW does not like multimonitor setups (especially if the monitors vary in resolution).

The only solution I have had success with is to unplug all the monitors you don't intend to play the game on.

I wish there was a better solution.
Shadowlurk
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Askental » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Hinzu wrote:So here is my issue, I'm using a NVIDA GeForce GTX 660 with a triple monitor set-up. Two are 1920x1080 and the other is 1080 x 1920 (I'm a programmer thus why its in Portrait). When I try to set my Resolution it refuses to give me the option of using 1920x1080. It seems to be detecting my portrait as my main display which isnt the case. If I unplug the Portrait monitor it allows for the wide screen 1920x1080 option but as soon as that third monitor gets plug in it move its over to that monitor and refuses to change the settings. Any help with this is much appreciated.

Just play in windowed mode..?
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius