Replacing Corrupt Feenix .exe with new one.

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Replacing Corrupt Feenix .exe with new one.

by JMiller4 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:37 pm

Hi everyone!

I just tried to replace the corrupt wow.exe in my Feenix vanilla folder as apparently it will always connect to feenix servers. I downloaded a new .exe from the getting started post and replaced it in the folder however when I launch WoW it still is connected to Feenix and I have also changed realmlist.

Thanks!
JMiller4
Private
Private

Re: Replacing Corrupt Feenix .exe with new one.

by Garfunkel » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:44 am

It just shows the last server that you successfully connected to. As Nostalrius server isn't online yet, you cannot connect in any case. Wait until Saturday GMT+1 18:00 and try again.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Drain » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:48 am

The current Feenix clients from their forums do not connect to Feenix at all unless you edit the realmlist to do so(it has Blizzard default). I don't know where your copy came from, but a new one from their forums should not have this problem. I use and seed Feenix 1.12, which works perfectly fine. This is a torrent link for it.
https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/5076223 ... _-_Windows
People are always saying Feenix has corrupted/modified clients, but I've tested both their Classic+BC clients with no issues playing on other servers. I even went as far to get a second .exe, and as far as I can tell, this "clean one" is exactly the same as what I already had. They both have the same file size down to the smallest byte, and both work the same.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Drain » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:51 am

Garfunkel wrote:It just shows the last server that you successfully connected to. As Nostalrius server isn't online yet, you cannot connect in any case. Wait until Saturday GMT+1 18:00 and try again.

This is also true. The server isn't actually opened yet. You can create an account and stock the realmlist in advance, but until the door opens, you still won't be getting in.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by JMiller4 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:23 am

awesome thanks for the replies, that all makes sense. I got the corrupted .exe info from the forums here so thats why i thought that.
JMiller4
Private
Private

by Narkon » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:10 pm

The Feenix exe is not corrupt. Just modified to ignore the realmlist.wtf (at least the one I had). I believe you can still set your realmlist by adding an entry into your config.wtf.
Narkon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Shadowlurk » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:34 am

Drain wrote:The current Feenix clients from their forums do not connect to Feenix at all unless you edit the realmlist to do so(it has Blizzard default). I don't know where your copy came from, but a new one from their forums should not have this problem. I use and seed Feenix 1.12, which works perfectly fine. This is a torrent link for it.
https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/5076223 ... _-_Windows
People are always saying Feenix has corrupted/modified clients, but I've tested both their Classic+BC clients with no issues playing on other servers. I even went as far to get a second .exe, and as far as I can tell, this "clean one" is exactly the same as what I already had. They both have the same file size down to the smallest byte, and both work the same.

I wouldn't post PirateBay links at this time...there are rumors that the FBI is partially in control of it and are logging IP's.
Want your game to look visually stunning and run silky smooth? Read my guide.
Shadowlurk - Level 29 Troll Rogue (Expert Leatherworker / Expert Skinner)
Shadowlurk
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Demigodd » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:11 am

Someone posted in another threated that the feenix EXE is corrupted and will always change your relmlist, I believe the poster was incorrect and was thinking of the feenix launcher, that will always go to feenix.
Demigodd
Tester

by Drain » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:31 am

They can get your IP without needing any access to the site. Peer IPs are shown on the BT or on any P2P client. But they can log our IPs all they want. Who cares? There's nothing they can do with it unless Blizzard wants to sue us, and trust me, that's not going to happen. Blizzard couldn't care less about you downloading this 10 year old client they don't even sell anymore. If they went after anyone, it would be the servers hosting the game, and I've yet to ever see them go after a Europe hosted server. :)
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius