World of Warcraft 1.12.1 OSX client

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: World of Warcraft 1.12.1 OSX client

by kaba » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:50 am

ThePunjabiPrince wrote:So I downloaded the Linux version because I searched mac client on the forum and thats what popped up, so I have a few questions.

1) Are the Linux and Mac Clients the same?

2) If not, how do I delete/get rid of it on my mac? Because deleting sh*t on the mac is not as easy on windows, so if that could be answered that would help me clean up alot of stuff and free up alot of space

3) Do I need crossover? and If not, is it the same process of deleting

4) If these clients are not the same, do I just download it and run it?

5) What are the steps afterwards? Im not that Mac Savvy, but I really want to play vanilla wow again.

It would be highly appreciated if this was all answered and if I have any more questions, Ill be sure to come back and ask them again. ^_^

1. No.

2. Drag file/folder to trash can or select it and press CMD+Backspace. :arrow: Empty trash can.

3. No, the vanilla Mac client is OSX native.

4. Download :arrow: extract (if it's zipped) :arrow: delete WDB folder :arrow: run.

5. No more steps, just add to your dock for easy access and start grinding. ;)
Kaba, 60, Troll Mage
Tohi, 60, Dwarf Rogue
Kaba, 60, Troll Hunter (PvE)
Itai, 60, Gnome Warlock (PvE)
Pa, 60, Dwarf Warrior (PvE)
kaba
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by wow5jig » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:19 am

So... I have OS X 10.10.4... is this client still working? I download the entire client but when it finishes... it says that "WoW Classic" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer... anyone else having his issue?
wow5jig
Tester

by Prrowl » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:28 am

Your Security settings in Yosemite are preventing launch of the program. You have two options:
Go to System Preferences/Security&Privacy
Change Allow apps downloaded from: to anywhere

With the 10.10.3 update, you can no longer set this permanently. It will revert after 30 days.

The second option is to right click on the app you want to run (control click if you don't have right click set up) and hold down the 'Option' key when you click "Open". This will force the program to run and you will be prompted for your computer password to allow it. This should be a permanent change, allowing the program to be launched normally in the future.
Prrowl
Tester

by wow5jig » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Hi Prrowl,
Thanks for your response! How do I change the realm list? I think that's my issue right now.
wow5jig
Tester

by Zenfiend » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:14 pm

Can anyone confirm the validity of this? I really want to play but don't want any viruses
Zenfiend
Tester

by timeinpictures » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:36 am

currently using it, works like a dream(even includes the random name button!!).
passed the sniff test of my suite of anti-malware.

OS X wouldn't let it run, and upon opening the system preference pane it actually had a message saying it blocked the previous application, asking if i wanted to allow it to run.
timeinpictures
Tester

by Taen » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:26 pm

Hi everyone. I'm having the same issue as a few people have in this thread. I've downloaded the client, deleted the WDB folder, done everything written here, and when I try to launch the program I get a black screen for a few seconds then a "World of Warcraft quit unexpectedly." This is strange since I have actually downloaded the game before and it worked perfectly, but had to do a reset of my computer for various reasons.

It doesn't seem like anyone was able to answer the previous people in this thread, so honestly I'm kind of hoping someone comes out of the woodwork here. If you've gotten around this, what steps have you taken?
Taen
Tester

by Robby188 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:49 am

mdapruss wrote:i got the game running but there is a lot of stuff not loading including buildings, the torso and face of characters, quest markers. i can also see large trees in the background through the ground and the few buildings i am able to see. anyone have an idea of what i have to do? i deleted the WDB and WTF files before starting the game each time. its the same way at the character select page as well. thanks for the help

Did anyone ever find out how to solve this?? Im having the same issues
Robby188
Tester

by kansun » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:57 am

o mg
You can not open the application "World of Warcraft (OS X)", because PowerPC applications are no longer supported
i use os x EI Capitan :shock:
kansun
Tester

by izeon123 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:37 am

Hey guys, have found on our Russian tracker 1.12.1 UB (universal boot). Runned that on my MacBook Pro 2012 Mid and Macbook Air 2014 Mid. Everything is awesome, running as good as hell. 60 fps always, settings on max. It's not port, it's native UB version.

http://dl.rutracker.org/forum/dl.php?t=3452973 Here the link of torrent, can upload this torrent to other source.

Using El Capitan.
izeon123
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius