Windows can't open this file.

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Windows can't open this file.

by Maladan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:17 am

Hey, so I'am trying to get started but when I go to download the client I get "Windows can't open this file" with two options search the internet {leads me nowhere} and option 2 select a program to open from. What should I do next? would really appreciate the help, thanks.
Maladan
Private
Private

Re: Windows can't open this file.

by Diametra » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:59 am

what is the file type you are trying to open? is it .rar?
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Kraft » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:06 am

If you're referring to a ".rar", this is referring to compression. The file(s) have been compressed into an archive, and need to be extracted. You can use Winrar or 7zip for this. Any program that states it can open compressed archives should be able to do this if it recognizes the type of archive you're trying to open. Many downloads on the internet are compressed into these kind of archives to reduce total file size, which reduces download time. The only drawback is taking a little extra time to extract the files afterwards.
Kraft
Game Master
Game Master

by Maladan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:21 pm

Diametra wrote:what is the file type you are trying to open? is it .rar?

Yeah, not really sure where to go with it I have Winrar installed its just I have never done this sort of thing before.
Maladan
Private
Private

by Maladan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Kraft wrote:If you're referring to a ".rar", this is referring to compression. The file(s) have been compressed into an archive, and need to be extracted. You can use Winrar or 7zip for this. Any program that states it can open compressed archives should be able to do this if it recognizes the type of archive you're trying to open. Many downloads on the internet are compressed into these kind of archives to reduce total file size, which reduces download time. The only drawback is taking a little extra time to extract the files afterwards.

This is great information thanks, just needed a little clarity with the beginners guide I should be able to get going now, thanks again.
Maladan
Private
Private

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius