Nostalrius WoW Client

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: Nostalrius WoW Client

by Narkon » Tue May 26, 2015 11:00 pm

vincentven wrote:Okay so this isnt a wow account, but only a forum account?

Correct.
Narkon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ClassyBaer » Wed May 27, 2015 12:35 pm

I've got a question regarding this client and the files that are (supposed to be) in the WTF folder...

Where does this Nostalrius client save the addon settings (configuration) and the character/realm settings (eg. macros) information to? I thought these files were stored in the WTF folder (something like WTF > Account > Account Name > Server > Character > Files) - but nope, it's completely empty (besides a single config.wtf file).

Though my addons settings are saved, my UI settings are saved, my macros are saved somehow and somewhere- I just cannot find these files...

Besides this english client for Nostalrius I'm also using a German 1.12.1 WoW client on another server and do have a fully packed WTF folder there. (Both WoW Game folders have different names, so I don't think they're interferring with each other)

Am I just a derp and missing something with this English client?
ClassyBaer
Tester

by daviator » Wed May 27, 2015 11:56 pm

I can't seem to dl the client without bin 1 and bin 2 ending up corrupted. same issue on multiple tries and computers.
daviator
Tester

by Narkon » Sat May 30, 2015 2:57 pm

ClassyBaer wrote:I've got a question regarding this client and the files that are (supposed to be) in the WTF folder...

Where does this Nostalrius client save the addon settings (configuration) and the character/realm settings (eg. macros) information to? I thought these files were stored in the WTF folder (something like WTF > Account > Account Name > Server > Character > Files) - but nope, it's completely empty (besides a single config.wtf file).

Though my addons settings are saved, my UI settings are saved, my macros are saved somehow and somewhere- I just cannot find these files...

Besides this english client for Nostalrius I'm also using a German 1.12.1 WoW client on another server and do have a fully packed WTF folder there. (Both WoW Game folders have different names, so I don't think they're interferring with each other)

My addon and macro settings are in either one of the following directories:
  • *:\World of Warcraft Classic\WTF\Account\<Account Name>\Nostalrius Begins\<Character Name>\SavedVariables
  • *:\World of Warcraft Classic\WTF\Account\<Account Name>\Nostalrius Begins\<Character Name>
  • *:\World of Warcraft Classic\WTF\Account\<Account Name>

daviator wrote:I can't seem to dl the client without bin 1 and bin 2 ending up corrupted. same issue on multiple tries and computers.

What are the MD5 hash values of the files when extracted? They should be:
WoW-1.12.1-Setup.exe - 3EA4659796DB36F4209F221C6320DB17
WoW-1.12.1-Setup-1.bin - 847A408F797655752D235C910A137726
WoW-1.12.1-Setup-2.bin - A19D95529A7370AA953EA52EE30E5441
WoW-1.12.1-Setup-3.bin - 157F284031CB49727BDE94927152C33B

Ignore this. I have just uploaded a new installer. The MD5 might be different on at least one of the files.
Last edited by Narkon on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Narkon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Rhodiril » Sun May 31, 2015 1:47 pm

ClassyBaer wrote:I've got a question regarding this client and the files that are (supposed to be) in the WTF folder...

Having this same problem. Both the WDB and WTF file folders are empty (except for Config.wtf) in the install directory. "C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Classic"

Kind of annoying because you can't install addon packs without the WTF account folder present.

Personally, I've checked all subfolders of Users (incl. AppData) and Program Files, Program Files (x86) and Program Data. Nada.
Rhodiril
Tester

by Rhodiril » Sun May 31, 2015 2:08 pm

Was able to use ProcMon to find where WoW.exe was reading and writing to...

Turns out it's in the virtual store. For some reason, with the Nostalrius installer WoW isn't granted appropriate write-access to Program Files (x86), so Windows forces it into a "holding place".

Probably don't care about the technicalities of it all, so here's the fix:

1. Move your World of Warcraft Classic folder outside of the OS-protected folders. In other words, create a new folder (C:\Games, for example) and cut/paste the entire WoW Classic folder inside.

2. Navigate to %userprofile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)
.. You will find another World of Warcraft Classic folder. In it is all your generated user data.

3. Cut/Paste this folder into Games as well, overwriting any files necessary.

Viola.
Rhodiril
Tester

by Krusher » Sun May 31, 2015 4:44 pm

There is a secundary WoW available that has adjusted that install folder.
For now it wint be used since Narkon has an excellent one running.
When itis or Goes down then ill put the other one online.
Krusher
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by xspiker » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:01 am

worked a treat thanks :)
xspiker
Tester

by Narkon » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:00 am

Rhodiril wrote:Was able to use ProcMon to find where WoW.exe was reading and writing to...

Turns out it's in the virtual store. For some reason, with the Nostalrius installer WoW isn't granted appropriate write-access to Program Files (x86), so Windows forces it into a "holding place".

Probably don't care about the technicalities of it all, so here's the fix:

1. Move your World of Warcraft Classic folder outside of the OS-protected folders. In other words, create a new folder (C:\Games, for example) and cut/paste the entire WoW Classic folder inside.

2. Navigate to %userprofile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)
.. You will find another World of Warcraft Classic folder. In it is all your generated user data.

3. Cut/Paste this folder into Games as well, overwriting any files necessary.

Viola.

Thanks for the info. I did not consider that program files does not allow applications to write there without running as administrator. I have always had it on the root of my drive.

I have uploaded a new version of the installer that runs with lowest privileges. Should stop people from installing to program files.
Narkon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Voiise » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:56 am

http://imgur.com/WeP2lkk
Cant download, stuck at 99% and it also got stuck all the way from 82% so i had to pause and resume
Voiise
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius