Best class+profession for the start?

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Best class+profession for the start?

by Klick » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:22 pm

I come from a TBC-Server, where leveling is easy. Too easy.
It has 2x rates, sometimes 4x, shops, 50g reward for votes and the AH is FULL of insane cheap rares and epics for the lower levels. I can easily afford full rare item-gear for every character I decide to level, there is no excitement when I find a green or rare item, cause the dropchances are crazy high on that server.
I don't even loot any mobs while leveling, cause it's not worth it when drop rates are so high.
Low-level Dungeons aren't exciting cause you can easily buy same rare items like from the dungeons in the AH plus on 2x/4x rates you will have outleveled that item in only hours.

I'm looking forward to start on Nostalrius, finally feeling "super lucky" again, when I find an item of "green" (uncommon) or "blue" (rare) level !
Finally, grinding Deadmines will be worth it again, because you gonna keep that Van-Cleef sword for a long time!
Finally being so broke again, that CRAFTING items will actually be worth it.
Finally being so broke again, that you will be super happy when you finally find a 6-slot bag.

But I also remember being unable to afford my first mount on level 40 back in Vanilla.
Or that leveing paladins is super boring, mages have to drink every 2 mobs and warriors and rogues have to sit down for 30 seconds after every 2 mob .

Oups short talk, short story.

What class and profession would you recommend to level for your first character?
I'm thinking about hunter with 2 gather professions

What do you think? :)
Klick
Tester

Re: Best class+profession for the start?

by Wrathran » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:09 pm

Nostalrius is amazing just because it's so damn rewarding to complete anything as everything is a struggle!

I would recommend enchanting (you can disenchant all gear at lvl 1 enchanting) and mining maybe, but it's really hard to find ore to mine and enchanting materials is only slightly more valuable than vendor value of most items.

My best tips for a new player is to get the auction addon "AUX" so that you can easy sell things on AH you get while doing quests and dungeons.

Personally I used to farm Rethban Ore in the northen cave in Redridge Mountans betwwen lvl 17-22 as they sell for 25s-1g each so you can get ok xp and ok gold as a new player and I find it relaxing to run around in a cave for a couple of hours now and then while looking in chat for Dead Mines groups to join ;)
Wrathran
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Best class+profession for the start?

by Phyle » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:33 am

Good for money saving is Warlock, no mount costs and Life tap. So you only need Food which you can craft by yourself with cooking.
For farming hunter ist good and mage with aoe farming and you can make your own water and food.

But you should always play your favorite class which you love most. Vanilla is much time investing in one char. When you do not love it you will have less fun... And more trouble to save money, because you do not want to play.
Phyle
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius