change nostalrius password?

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

change nostalrius password?

by masterzed » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi, i just started playing and found no link to change my password for my login for the game?

can anyone point me to where i can change my game password?

Thanks
masterzed
Tester

Re: change nostalrius password?

by Noxm » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:50 pm

FAQ : https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=11569

FAQs

"Actually, I just need help with a simple question."

Q: I forgot my game account's password. Is there a way I can reset it?
A: Account Passwords can be reset using the "Forgot your password?" link on the main Nostalrius website. Enter the e-mail address in the "E-mail" field you used to register your account with, enter your Account Name in the "Username" field you're trying to login with, enable the reCAPTCHA checkbox, and click the "Send" button to have a confirmation e-mail sent to your e-mail address with password reset instructions. Check your Spam folder if you don't receive the confirmation e-mail. Follow the instructions in the e-mail to reset your password and try to login to the game again once completed.

Q: If I know my game account's password and can login, is there a way I can change it instead of requesting a reset from the website?
A: Yes, there is a chat command to change your game account's password in the game itself. Once logged in and actively playing your character, it is highly recommended to enter an instance by yourself and type the following command in your chat window using /s:
  • /s: .account password oldpassword newpassword newpassword

".account password" is the chat command to initiate the password change process. "oldpassword" is your account's current password. "newpassword" is the password you want to change it to and must be entered twice for confirmation. For example, if your current password is "Thrall123" and you wanted to change it to "Garrosh456," the chat command would be entered like this:
  • /s: .account password Thrall123 Garrosh456 Garrosh456

The reason it is highly recommended to do this in an instance by yourself is in case if you accidentally mess up the chat command, you don't /say your current password to nearby players. Being in an instance by yourself ensures there are no other players around to see your account's password in the chat channels.
[/code][/code]

Q: I'm trying to log into my account on the Nostalrius website but I'm getting the error "Whoops! There was something wrong with your input. bad credentials" What does this "bad credentials" error mean?
A: Either the game account name or the password is wrong. Either the game account doesn't exist in the server, or the game account is valid but the password you're using is incorrect. More often than not, the password will be the culprit. Verify that you are trying to login using the correct game account name and password that you originally registered with.

If you've ever logged into WoW successfully, created a character, and actively played, refer to the second FAQ titled "How can I find out what my Account Name is?" to find out your game account name. If you're using the correct game account name but can't remember the password, refer to the third FAQ titled "Is there a way I can reset it?" to reset your game account's password.
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re: change nostalrius password?

by Dreez » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:09 pm

the FAQ is outdated, the in game command does not exist anymore

the currently only way to reset your password is through logging out on the website and pretending you forgot your password
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius