Will people still invite me to Raid if

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Will people still invite me to Raid if

by Xanax » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:09 am

My character isn't really... optimal? I don't really care about racials but I know they're important in vanilla and I want to try raiding for the first time. I plan to raid in a casual Guild once I find one (don't have the patience for HxC raid Guilds) but I'm not sure if casual Guilds care about picking a class/race combo that's optimal.
Xaniez - Horde Priest
Xanax
Private
Private

Re: Will people still invite me to Raid if

by Kasen » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:27 am

Race/class combos don't matter at all in casual guilds and don't matter a lot even in serious ones.
Feel free to pick combination you like, however you still might consider the usefulness of racials for your own convenience, like +5% intelligence bonus for a gnome warrior, well... Is not as good as the tauren one (+5% Health).
Kasen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:48 am

I have yet to hear of anyone being scrutinized in his performance just because of the race that was picked. Go ahead and pick whatever feels right, and if someone has an issue with it, trust me, it's their own made-up problem.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Xanax » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:03 am

Kasen wrote:Race/class combos don't matter at all in casual guilds and don't matter a lot even in serious ones.
Feel free to pick combination you like, however you still might consider the usefulness of racials for your own convenience, like +5% intelligence bonus for a gnome warrior, well... Is not as good as the tauren one (+5% Health).

So nobody is going to mind if I roll a Night Elf Priest vs a Dwarf Priest? Good to know. :D I like the way armor looks on Elves vs the other races and I was kind of bummed to think nobody would want me in their raid if I played that way.
Xaniez - Horde Priest
Xanax
Private
Private

by Kasen » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:50 am

Xanax wrote:
Kasen wrote:Race/class combos don't matter at all in casual guilds and don't matter a lot even in serious ones.

So nobody is going to mind if I roll a Night Elf Priest vs a Dwarf Priest? Good to know. :D I like the way armor looks on Elves vs the other races and I was kind of bummed to think nobody would want me in their raid if I played that way.

It's a bit more tricky with priests since each race has it's unique racial priest spells in addition to normal racials.
Like Devouring Plague is exclusively available to undead and Fear Ward to dwarves (Makes them the most loved priests, ho!). However, nobody is going to scold you for rolling a Night Elf or Troll.
Kasen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Crendor » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:18 pm

You should definetly roll dwarf if you are going to play priest. Fear Ward is just too good.
Crendor
Tester

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius