New player wants to ask about PVP server

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

New player wants to ask about PVP server

by FakeHit » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:04 pm

Hello everyone:) I want to start playing here, but i have some questions first,because i never played vanilla wow
How long would it take me to level to 60 if i play 2-3 hours a day?
Which faction is more pvp , pve?
How good are rogues,priests ( mainly shadow),mages in pvp and pve?
Thanks for the help:)
FakeHit
Tester

Re: New player wants to ask about PVP server

by Heglamore » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:32 am

(Deleted due to double post)
Last edited by Heglamore on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"you re ev il AND i kill y o u" - Malachie, Talking in 'Orc Gibberish'
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Heglamore » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:35 am

FakeHit wrote:Hello everyone:) I want to start playing here, but i have some questions first,because i never played vanilla wow

1) There are 1% more Horde then there are Alliance on the server.

2) There are more Chinese (from China, who do not usually speak fluent or any English) on the Alliance.

3) Alliance wins almost all pre-made PvP team matches. (Either because of paladins, or skill, the jury is still out on that.)

4) Alliances loses almost all casual matches between random pickup groups.

5) Horde ques for battlegrounds are -incredibly- long (like a half-hour) even though faction numbers are close to equal because most Alliance don't give a fuck about ranking up in PvP and spend more time raiding and doing dungeons.

6) Alliance and Horde almost trade 50/50 on Alterac Valley.

I chose Alliance, because I was Alliance in retail, and am trying to relive my glory days from before I joined the (U.S.) military -- and once I have my character setup how I like, I plan to go for Grand Marshal (probably -after- they release the upgraded Grand Marshal weapons and gear). Because of the relative equality of the factions on this server? I recommend you play what your friends play... or, if you have no friends yet:

Play what you will enjoy playing.

Even though it is completely arbitrary? I hate the horde. Not because they deserve it... but because I'm Alliance, and it's fun (and in theme) to hate and for us to stomp on eachother and spam laugh or spam spit on eachother. :-P

Play the faction you love. Have faction pride. Beat your chest. Have fun! <3

And welcome to Nostalrius. <3
"you re ev il AND i kill y o u" - Malachie, Talking in 'Orc Gibberish'
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by dbDozer » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:56 pm

FakeHit wrote:Hello everyone:) I want to start playing here, but i have some questions first,because i never played vanilla wow

At 2 hours a day every day you are looking at about a year of leveling, if my math is right. Obviously other factors like what class you play, and how experienced you are at leveling will also affect it.

Both factions are decent for both pvp/pve, and regardless of what anyone tells you battlegrounds at 60 are more or less balanced, EXCEPT for two factors: 1) Alliance have instant queue times vs horde having to wait a long while. 2) As a rule of thumb Alliance premades dominate if you can get into them. For these reasons I would recommend alliance if you are serious about pvp, but if you only want to pvp casually it really won't matter much.

Rogues are strong gankers but imo not worth much in organized pvp premades, and very strong dps, but suffer from being incredibly overplayed on this server. If you roll a rogue prepare to struggle to find groups at endgame. Mages are incredibly good but also very overplayed. Shadow priests also kick ass in pvp, but are less useful in raiding. However they are also much less common the the first two.
dbDozer
Private
Private

by Fridolin » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:05 pm

Every day 2 hours are round about 120 days.
Average level time to 60 is something like 10 days ingame.

10*24 / 2 = 120.

So it will take long...
Nostalrius PvP
Alliance Mage :)

Developing an AddonManagementTool for Vanilla and TBC Addons!
Fridolin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius