PvE or PvP server for raiding??

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

PvE or PvP server for raiding??

by korveeen » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:27 pm

So, I'm not really new to Nostalrius, but from what I've seen, it looks like the PvP server has a vastly bigger population (which i really enjoy!) than the PvE server. Knowing this, I created my characters on the PvP server.
However, my plan at level 60 is to raid. Sure, possibly some PvP but mostly finding a guild and raiding. My thought was that even though this is a "PvP" server, the PvE activity should be at least as high as on the PvE server because of the higher population. Was I wrong to assume this?

Now my question is: Should I pick the PvP server since it has a bigger population and probably a lot of raiding as well, or do I pick the PvE server if i mostly want to raid? I do enjoy the big population and the feeling of there being people everywhere.

Thanks for answers!
korveeen
Tester

Re: PvE or PvP server for raiding??

by zamug » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:37 pm

This entirely depends on where you want to join in..

PvP is already approaching Ahn'Qiraj content. For anything before that it is very easy to find a guild, or even a PUG that you can join to play end game content. PvP has the added "benefits" of open world PvP.

PvE on the other hand is a newer server and as such less progressed in end game content. In this way, you would be facing content with your guild mates for the first time (on the server). PvE wraps you in cotton wool so open world PvP is rare and consensual (just like the liger.)

Either is a perfectly valid choice.
New to Nostalrius? Need some tips? Read this guide..
zamug
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius