Beginner's Guide 2.0

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: Beginner's Guide 2.0

by Zeigler » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:49 am

Can I download this from the browser or do I need to click the red one for the client?...
Zeigler
Grunt
Grunt

by bg453 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:07 pm

my friend downloaded the game but he cant open an account says game reached to limit of accs or something likethat. please explain.
bg453
Tester

by Dizeliun » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:04 pm

No links worked so I used a torrent somebody put in the forum post and now after extracting it the executable file that should launch the downloader is labeled "wow-1.12.1-setup.exe.559804.gzquar" and I have no clue what type of file extension that is or how to extract or run it. Can we get a clear and precise guide on how to get this game working.. Seems like a huge deterrent to playing your server is that you can't even play it if you wanted to.
Dizeliun
Tester

by Limittz » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:23 pm

This seems like an awful lot of trouble, I've spent hours on end trying to do this and not even my brother ( who is quite experienced in downloading private servers ) can do this one.
The first problem I had was downloading it. I don't have World of Warcraft on this laptop therefore I went to Narkons topics or something like that.
I clicked Download link - 1 and it kept getting network errors, I then found that it was Google chrome therefore I switched to Firefox, I failed the download once because I closed the page down on accident.
I succeeded the next time, I went onto the file; Empty.
I googled why this happened, and found out I needed to then install it again for some reason, now all it says on the MEGA download link is; " Download link cancelled due to the violation of the Terms of Agreement. " Or something like that...
I thought, that's strange but alright! I went onto Narkons Topic because that's the one which worked for me previously, and for some reason it says this....

"Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator."
Maybe I viewed this page too many times? This is a bit outrageous in all honesty, and I've tried so hard but it's just not working out for me.
Can ANYONE help me? I've ran into every single problem in the book so far...

Together I need to know how/why it's coming up with this thing on the download link, and then I need to know what I did wrong to make the file empty.
Limittz
Tester

by afterzaid » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:33 pm

No luck here, MEGA link is dead and Google Docs link and mirror stops at 4GB showing "Failed - Network Error", I hope you guys can fix this soon, I'm really willing to join here since I've heard a lot of good things about this private server.
afterzaid
Tester

by stratos » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:33 pm

Greeting fellow players,i would like to know about account creation i just fixed the wow folder to match nostalrius configurations.I registered my account on step 1/2 and i haven't received a message a message on my e-mail yet.Any informations would be helpful.best regards and thank you.
stratos
Tester

by lokhos » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:38 am

Trying to download the windows client... but the link is dead, saying the file is not available... will this be fixed at any time?
lokhos
Tester

by Xanax » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:51 pm

I recommend the torrent link on the Nostalrius Reddit page posted by a moderator. It's stickied. Used the torrent myself and it was fast & easy. The mod is named Evairfairy. If you don't want to torrent, I'm not sure what to tell you guys. Best of luck and hope to see you in-game.
Xaniez - Horde Priest
Xanax
Private
Private

by Dreez » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:34 pm

haven't personally checked whether it's legit, but here's the link Xanax is referring to:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nostalrius/com ... arning_an/
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Senjihakku » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:35 pm

If every link is down and you don't trust the torrents, just google "wow 1.12.1 client" and download whatever looks more legit. I just downloaded a copy of the official client and it works fine.
Senjihakku
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius