How much do racials matter for endgame warrior tanking?

Re: How much do racials matter for endgame warrior tanking?

by kjazetti » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:30 am

Looking at the old vanilla stat weights vs racial abilities, wouldn't Night Elf be a contender for a good warrior?

Higher base agility (25)
Increased dodge

I'm only quickly glancing over the numbers here so I'm not sure. If anyone can build off of this that would be great.
kjazetti
Private
Private

Re: How much do racials matter for endgame warrior tanking?

by Putni » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:39 pm

It really depends whether you are min-maxer or not.

On Horde, Tauren is the single best tank material, because of the 5% overall HP boost. As the content intensifies, so will your Stamina, and that 5% is going to become bigger and bigger a difference between you and the other races. Well placed War Stomps (in case of mobs it works on of course) give you another tool to interrupt spell casts and the like. +10 Nature Resistance is not really big but it's more than nothing.

Orcs are cool because of the Stun resistance and the bonus weapon skill, Undead because of the resistance and WotF. Your pick, but I personally wouldn't choose anything else but a Tauren for my tank. If you are thinking about PvP, too, or some general DPSing, Orc is probably the way to go.

On Alliance I would pick Dwarves for the Stoneform, but Humans and Nightelves are really good, too, for the aforementioned reasons. It's not so black and white on this side and it really comes down to what you prefer. If I would just touch Alliance for a second, I'd have a hard time deciding I think.
Putni
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Warrior