[GUIDE] 1.12.1 Fury warrior spreadsheet.

Re: [GUIDE] 1.12.1 Fury warrior spreadsheet.

by Amkô » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:23 pm

@vido:
Could you say something about the spreadsheet, regarding 2h weapons and their procs?

I am getting better results with Obsidian Edged Blade than with BRE and UTB, and imo that's not possible.
I mean OEB is a really good weaopon (42str + 8 to Swords) but it can't win the dps-race against the procs of BRE + UTB?

Ashkandi is the strongest 2h weapon, which I tested with my gear, but I guess BRE should be above it?

I'm orc btw, currently DW with DB + Doom's Edge, but want to go 2h fury, "problem" is I got "only" UTB for testing.
Amkô
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:41 pm

Amkô wrote:@vido:
Could you say something about the spreadsheet, regarding 2h weapons and their procs?

I am getting better results with Obsidian Edged Blade than with BRE and UTB, and imo that's not possible.
I mean OEB is a really good weaopon (42str + 8 to Swords) but it can't win the dps-race against the procs of BRE + UTB?

Ashkandi is the strongest 2h weapon, which I tested with my gear, but I guess BRE should be above it?

I'm orc btw, currently DW with DB + Doom's Edge, but want to go 2h fury, "problem" is I got "only" UTB for testing.

I cant speak for Vido but my version of the sheet doesnt not have BRE or UTB procs modeled with Nostalrius-values. I have not made an attempt to model them either since I dont have access to the weapons since im a guild MT and and thus unable to spec 2h fury for raids.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:56 pm

Yeah those procs aren't currently in the spreadsheet. It's in the works though.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Amkô » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:45 am

Thanks for the information guys.

It's pretty hard to get these procs correctly into one spreadsheet I guess..
Amkô
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vido » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:11 pm

Well it's not exactly the reason why It's not in the sheet yet. I've looked at Landsoul's WoTLK arms/fury warrior sheets and they make this spreadsheet look like napkin math. So I just have a lot planned for this next update, focusing on the rotation to get more accurate figures on fitting in slams and rage loss from overpowers, BT/WW delay, execute rotations etc. For example low speed offhands aren't quite as good as the spreadsheet dictates because overpower dps is exaggerated due to the fact that it doesn't take into stance dancing. It's idealized too far and the resulting DPS figures are hardly obtainable in reality.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dredd » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:17 pm

In terms of 2h weapons, would the ranking go like this...?

1. BRE
2. Ashkandi
3. OEB
4. The Unstoppable Force

Would The Untamed Blade be a significant upgrade over the OEB for 2h Fury? I don't want to take it only to upgrade to BRE/Ashkandi. But then again, I don't want to wait around for either of those 2 forever if TUB drops.
Dredd
Tester

by vido » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:20 am

UTB actually looks like a very interesting weapon for 2h fury. It could be better than Ashkandi and OBE, I used it for a while in pvp and the proc rate was roughly about the same as crusader in that scenario. In raids you can easily abuse this horde side with WF and hamstring spam, since you can get roughly 1 weapon connect per second which leads to insane uptime.

Also, the thing with proc weapons like this is that they scale very well with world buffs and gear. From tier to tier the weapons that drop might gain a couple dps and a bit of stats, but this is in most cases out-scaled by stuff like BRE/Ironfoe proc. In the AQ tier these weapons will be at the pinnacle of their potential relative to other available weapons.

By all means, if a UTB drops and you don't have a BRE yet you should go for it and maybe post an accurate proc rate to go by in the spreadsheet.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Inzomnia » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:18 pm

Vido when you have the time could you write some guide to 2h fury? I've seen you mention stuff sometimes that I don't understand. Like timing abilities between swings. Does bt/ww interrupt your swings otherwise? If you could give an indepth insight into how to rely max 2h fury like a pro that'd be awesome.

//inzo
Inzomnia
Private
Private

by vido » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:59 pm

It doesn't really apply to 2h fury since your swings are too fast to fit 2 globals between them. It's more of an arms thing and on bosses like golemagg or vael obviously where you're gaining a lot of rage from taking damage or a debuff you would just spam execute every global anyway.

BT/WW doesn't delay your swings, it's just that if your swings are slow enough and if they give you enough rage, then it's a huge dps increase if you spend 2 globals on a MS/WW/Slam + a low rage execute rather than using just 1 very inefficient high rage execute and also wasting a global along with it.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Devoth » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:29 pm

Hey Storfan ! I've been running Vis'kag through procwatch. And apparantly it has a PPM on around 2.3. Does not this mean that Vis'kag and maladath is a BiS combo for humans. Or maybe Vis'kag and CTS for humans with edgemaster's?
And it scales with AP and crit
What do you guys think ? :)
Devoth
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior