[GUIDE] 1.12.1 Fury warrior spreadsheet.

Re: [GUIDE] 1.12.1 Fury warrior spreadsheet.

by St0rfan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Devoth wrote:Hey Storfan ! I've been running Vis'kag through procwatch. And apparantly it has a PPM on around 2.3. Does not this mean that Vis'kag and maladath is a BiS combo for humans. Or maybe Vis'kag and CTS for humans with edgemaster's?
And it scales with AP and crit
What do you guys think ? :)

Yes, it most likely does.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ixl » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:28 pm

Viskag mh after r14 weap is bis, ppm, proc rage, no resist proc... it's retarded.
Oh depends of your race for sure, human or not etc.

Regarding 2h :

The gap between BRE and other 2 hands is so insane (BRE is still bugged, wont pull how & why, ppl know what I mean)

Horde side :
A guy with BRE and bis gear outperforms any DW warrior even rank 14 gear.
If you got timers addons, r12 gloves, mighy in ur bags, gg you win.
Don't say it's because of cleave ww, BRE is so retarded, you do even more DPS on a mono target.

Also Vido, yes, Ironfoe scales with wbuff and so on, the 0 weapon skill is sometimes harsh, so imo only use Ironfoe on hardcore raids, all in Wbuffs situation, had lots of fun but threat troubles also ! care the 2.4 speed !

Also, considering next patch and AQ 40 fights, Ironfoe procs are more than viable. Run run twins fight, C'thun spawns, huhuran exec phase, burst visci adds.... & so on
Ixl
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vido » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:35 pm

The gap between BRE and everything else will become even bigger in AQ that's the exciting part for me on my horde war :D. It feels like can do insane dps at times with slams and some good rng, It just feels really odd on this server with the combat log/auto attack bugs so I've stuck with hamstring the last time I raided fury spec.

Also if people don't keep FF and CoR on the boss, it's a huge benefit for a BRE warrior since the boss armor will be 0 regardless at 3 stacks while everyone else is hitting through another 5% damage reduction
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Phnom » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Ixl & Vido, you may be right regarding the BRE buff, but how come it is almost exclusively DW warriors on the top of the charts, even in DS raids? What I feel regarding BRE is that is indeed sick and that it is the best of the 2h weapons available, but that it does not outperform ~BiS DW (based on experience from this server). On fights where you have stable rage income due to debuffs, like Firemaw, you indeed do alot of dmg as 2h. But on Chrom/Nef(longer fights without debuffs) you simply lack the attackspeed to execute effectively. This applies more to guilds with long kill times and slacky raiders, but it seems to follow the same pattern everywhere, DW>2h.

If there is a DW and a 2h in the same raid with the same gear level, skills, buffs and so on; the DW warrior will, by the looks of it, outperform the 2h warrior. Why would this change in AQ, when BQP and other weapons are introduced? Sure, the C'thun gloves are in favour for the 2h, but that's it.
Phnom
Private
Private

by vido » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:15 pm

AQ gear, is in favor of the BRE debuff. The more damage you do the more the proc adds dps. With world buffs your BRE will start pulling ahead the pack (similarly to Ironfoe).

You do lack attack speed to execute effectively on long fights, but a slow swing speed is something you can take advantage of by using BT/WW + execute between swings or execute + bloodrage execute or rage pot etc. Of course you can swap to DW for a long execute phase regardless, but if you stick to a BRE the proc should make up for for the low execute frequency as long as you're not just mindlessly spamming executes.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Phnom » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:56 pm

vido wrote:AQ gear, is in favor of the BRE debuff. The more damage you do the more the proc adds dps. With world buffs your BRE will start pulling ahead the pack (similarly to Ironfoe).

You do lack attack speed to execute effectively on long fights, but a slow swing speed is something you can take advantage of by using BT/WW + execute between swings or execute + bloodrage execute or rage pot etc. Of course you can swap to DW for a long execute phase regardless, but if you stick to a BRE the proc should make up for for the low execute frequency as long as you're not just mindlessly spamming executes.

Yes of course better gear favours such procs.. but isn't Edgemaster + a suitable weapon combo BETTER? I mean even at this gear level, DWs are ahead. As far as I know, there is no occasion where a good 2h fury warrior has beaten a good DW fury warrior, and I've been looking at a whole bunch of raids. This is in terms of total damage, though I have not looked into MC numbers I still believe DWs overall do more dmg even there. (I may stand corrected)

Swapping to DW in 9% hit (which you probably use as 2h) for executes is not very optimal I believe. Since I am personally almost never fully buffed(world buffed) on Nefarian encounters, I do ~250 glancings when I have ran out of rage at execute phase, while the BRE proc slowly ticks off. And I do BT/WW most of the time during execute phase, yet I believe (and have more or less been proven) that DW warriors do significantly more damage during this phase and very often resulting in more DPS overall on that encounter. Besides, how many guilds are there that actually run fully buffed through an entire BWL, or lets say will run through an enitre AQ without wipes when that hits? Like 5 on this server, with 1-2 on horde side? And even in those guilds, even during those fully buffed runs, DW is seemingly always above 2h.

It feels like the story with Ironfoe, it is on the spreadsheet indeed the best out of all weapons if fully buffed and so on. But what does it really give? Extra rage and occasionally(proc) some more DPS? But rage is not a problem if you are world buffed, in fact I dont think Ironfoe will proc enough during some short encounters to make up for its compareably low DPS, and it is in these encounters where you actually would notice the superiority of the Ironfoe. Even here I believe that Vis'kag + Mala will pull better numbers during the same optimal conditions. Ironfoe may be superior to others during execute phase for long fights. But that is pretty much it, and those fights wont take you anywhere on any chart, where the BEST weapon should be taking you.

Same goes for BRE, the 3/3 debuff ROCKS, I get it, it is all over the spreadsheet screaming it to me. But I feel like one fails to squeeze out the optimal of a warrior using a BRE, since during the optimal condition fights, no one seems capable of using a BT/WW inbetween a crit up to 100 rage where one wastes the excessive rage. Because this 2h warrior should in theory have surpassed every other warrior, but this is not the case, there is as far as I know no such encounter recorded. I get the feeling that in the fights where one is fully buffed, where BRE should prevail, one still can not generate rage at enough rate, or to draw benefit from the buff for long enough to keep up with or surpass a DW warrior.

Until proven otherwise, I find it hard to embrance that BRE is the best. I don't mean to sound rude if you take me like that, I'm only here to discuss this matter. Genuinely interested. Can't it be possible that it is unhuman to make BRE > everything else? Or that the optimal condition fights where it really shows its power will be so few, rare and short that it is impossible to stay ahead of a DW?
Phnom
Private
Private

by vido » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:34 am

The DPS you actually end up with depends on an incredible amount of factors. The difference between 2 weapon combinations isn't pronounced enough to actually take a lot realmplayers data seriously, since there are so many things that will end up having a much greater effect on your total dps.

If you're just looking at overall raid dps it's taken to an even greater order of magnitude and between guilds for example the numbers are meaningless if you want to compare how good one weapon is to another.

For the record, since you mentioned parses in your post, BRE warriors have had server wide highscores, not that it matters in the discussion of BiS weapons though.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Phnom » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:30 pm

vido wrote:The DPS you actually end up with depends on an incredible amount of factors. The difference between 2 weapon combinations isn't pronounced enough to actually take a lot realmplayers data seriously, since there are so many things that will end up having a much greater effect on your total dps.

If you're just looking at overall raid dps it's taken to an even greater order of magnitude and between guilds for example the numbers are meaningless if you want to compare how good one weapon is to another.

For the record, since you mentioned parses in your post, BRE warriors have had server wide highscores, not that it matters in the discussion of BiS weapons though.

Yeah I guess the realmplayer is not that accurate and that it indeed includes alot of different factors to look at the total DPS.. but after all, realmplayers is the only common scale we have got and it can't be wrong ALL the time; it should atleast show us a pattern. At the single boss encounters in BWL it always seems to be DW dominating the DPS(perhaps not on the drakes once in a while). in MC it is of course different due to the <level 63 mobs that are present on 5 out of 10 encounters.

I'm btw only comparing inside the guilds, inbetween people in the same run that are assumingly all buffed. I can't really seem to find any consecutive encounters where BRE dominate the way DW does. It really is good, it is not that, I just fail to see how it is superior..
Phnom
Private
Private

by Dusith » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:14 am

Devilsaur set was in this spreadsheet right? I cant see it anymore.

Also, can Ironfoe procrate be fixed, so we can look at "real" numbers?
Dusith
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vido » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:06 pm

The set is in the spreadsheet and the Ironfoe proc in the spreadsheet has been correct since I've added it. The actual dps that you gain from it will depend on how well you can manage your rage and plenty of other factors. Bear in mind there is nothing in the spreadsheet to account for wasted rage through capping out and swapping stances, also certain raid mechanics will dilute the value of additional rage generation.

Sitting in bstance on fights like magmadar, shazz, firemaw etc. would make a lot sense with Ironfoe/WF if you don't feel like you can swap stances efficiently. If you want more accurate DPS numbers, unncheck the WW and the zerker stance tickbox
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior