[GUIDE] Fury Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants - EDITED

[GUIDE] Fury Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants - EDITED

by St0rfan » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:31 pm

EDIT #4 (2019-04-21): Made changes on some gear recommendations, added some and removed others due to research, more theory crafting and an over-all changes in the 1.12.1 warrior META over the last couple of years.The list in its current state has been adapted to fit 1.12.1 gearing choices. If Classic wow ends up using progressive itemization, disregard some of the items listed.

Due to popular demand and having gotten a few requests I have made this Pre-Raid-BiS-List for Fury warriors aswell. The items are listed in order-of-value, meaning higher up the list is better. Some items can be moved up and down the list depending on other gear choices, set-bonuses, hitcap etc. I have also included at few specs and enchant suggestions.

Specs and talents:
- Cookie cutter (17/34) Fury build (Point in piercing howl can be moved to 5/5 BS for personal preference).
- 2handed fury (20/31) build
These specs include Anger Management because it adds a passive 1 rage per 3 seconds tick when in combat, a bonus that was present in vanilla but not added to the tooltip (an oversigh by Blizzard). This is an INCREDIBLY powerful talent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GEAR:

Helms:
- Lionheart Helm (BoE, crafted by BS) - BiS through all content in vanilla.
- Champion's Plate Helm (PvP Rank10 reward). Combine with one more piece for 40ap set bonus!
- Helm of Heroism (Tier 0.5 quest)
- Mask of the Unforgiven (The Unforgiven, Strat-Living)
- Crown of Tyranny (Balnazzar, Strat-Living)
- Helm of the Executioner (Baron Rivendare, Strat-UD)

Necks:
- Beads of Ogre Might (Quest reward Tier 0.5 quest chain).
- Mark of Fordring (Quest reward, Tirion Fordring quest chain, EPL).
- Imperial Jewel (Emperor, BRD).
- Will of the Martyr (Quest reward, Aurius' Reckoning, Strat-Living/UD).

Shoulders:
- Truestrike Shoulders (Pyroguard Emberseer, UBRS).
- Abyssal Leather/Mail/Plate Epaulets (Abyssal council, Silithus 5man bosses and/or AH)
- Champion's Plate Shoulders (PvP Rank10 reward). Combine with one more piece for 40ap set bonus!
- Defiler's Plate Spaulders (AB, exalted).
- Razorsteel Shoulders (Quest reward, lvl50 warrior quest in ST). Take the trinket instead!

Cloaks:
- Cape of the Black Baron (Baron Rivendare, Strat-UD).
- Earthweave Cloak (Quest/Badge-reward, Friendly Cenarion Circle, Silithus).
- Deathguard's Cloak (AB, exalted).
- Windshear Cape (Abyssal council, Barons of Silithus, - AQ patch).

Chests:
- Breastplate of Heroism (Tier 0.5 quest)
- Savage Gladiator Chain (Gorosh the Dervish, BRD-arena event).
- Legionnaire's Plate Hauberk (PvP Rank8 reward). Combine with one more piece for 40ap set bonus!
- Breastplate of Bloodthirst (Quest reward, Everlook).
- Ogre Forged Hauberk (Tribute chest, DM-North).
- Deathdealer Breastplate (Vault of the seven, BRD).
- Cadaverous Armor (Several bosses, Scholo).

Bracers:
- Berserker Bracers (WSG exalted).
- Battleborn Armbraces (Warchief Rend Blackhand, UBRS).
- Vambraces of the Sadist (Timmy the Cruel, Strat-Live).

Gloves:
- Edgemaster's Handguards (BoE) BiS for all races until Gauntlets of Annihilation
- Devilsaur Gauntlets (BoE, Crafter by LW) Combine with Leggings for set-bonus!
- Voone's Vice Grips (Quest reward, LBRS).
- Reiver Claws (Overlord Wyrmthalak, LBRS).

Belt:
- Brigam Girdle (General Drakkisath, UBRS).
- Omokk's Girth Restrainer (Quest reward, LBRS).
- Defiler's Plate Girdle (AB, Honored).

Legs:
- Titanic Leggings (BoE, crafted by BS) - BiS through all content in vanilla.
- Cloudkeeper Legplates (BoE).
- Devilsaur Leggings (BoE, Crafted by LW) Combine with Gloves for set-bonus!
- Abyssal Leather/Mail/Plate Legplates (Abyssal council, Silithus 5man bosses and/or AH)
- Legionnaire's Plate Leggings Combine with one more piece for 40ap set bonus!

Boots:
- Boots of Heroism (Tier 0.5 quest)
- Bloodmail Boots (Last room minibosses, Scholomance).
- Pads of the Dread Wolf (Halycon, LBRS).
- Windreaver Greaves (Kirtonos the Herald, Scholomance).
- Battlechaser's Greaves (BoE).

Ring #1:
- Don Julio's Band (AV, Exalted).
- Blackstone Ring (Princess Theradras, Maraudon).
- Tarnished Elven Ring (Gordok Tribute chest, DM-North).

Ring #2:
- Don Julio's Band (AV, Exalted).
- Blackstone Ring (Princess Theradras, Maraudon).
- Tarnished Elven Ring (Gordok Tribute chest, DM-North).

Trinket #1:
- Hand of Justice (Emperor, BRD) BiS through all content in vanilla.
- Earthstrike (Quest/Badge-reward, Exalted rep Cenarion Circle, Silithus).
- Diamond Flask (Quest reward, lvl50 warrior quest in ST). Used for fights lasting around 1min.
- Blackhand's Breadth (Quest reward, UBRS).
- Rune of the Guard Captain (Quest reward, Jintha'alor, Hinterlands) HORDE ONLY!
- Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom (Quest reward, elementals deck, Darkmoon Faire).

Trinket #2:
- Hand of Justice (Emperor, BRD) BiS through all content in vanilla.
- Earthstrike (Quest/Badge-reward, Exalted rep Cenarion Circle, Silithus).
- Diamond Flask (Quest reward, lvl50 warrior quest in ST). Used for fights lasting around 1min.
- Blackhand's Breadth (Quest reward, UBRS).
- Rune of the Guard Captain (Quest reward, Jintha'alor, Hinterlands) HORDE ONLY!
- Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom (Quest reward, elementals deck, Darkmoon Faire).

Mainhand Weapon:
- Ironfoe (Emperor, BRD). With Devilsaur set and not with Edgemasters.
- Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge (Warchief Rend Blackhand, UBRS). Combine with OH for 50ap set-bonus!
- Krol Blade (BoE) As Human and/or with Edgemasters.
- Axe of the Deep Woods As Orc and/or with Edgemasters.
- Frostbite (AV, Revered).
- Thrash Blade (Quest reward, Desolace/Maraudon).

Offhand Weapon:
- Felstriker (Warchief Rend Blackhand, UBRS).
- Dal'Rend's Tribal Guardian (Warchief Rend Blackhand, UBRS). Combine with MH for 50ap set-bonus!
- Flurry Axe (BoE) As Orc.
- The Lobotomizer (AV, Exalted).
- Mirah's Song (Quest reward, Scholo).

Ranged:
- Satyr's Bow (Zevrim Thornhoof, DM-East).
- Blackcrow (Shadow Hunter Vosh'gajin, LBRS).

2h-Weapon:
- The Unstoppable Force (AV, exalted).
- Treant's Bane (Gordok Tribute chest, DM-North).
- Brain Hacker (BoE).
- Barbarous Blade (King Gordok, DM-North).
- Ice Barbed Spear (Quest reward. AV).
- Warblade of Caer Darrow (Quest reward, Scholomance).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENCHANTS:

Helm:
+1% Haste. (Yes, 1% haste is slightly better due to the fact that %-based-stats scales with your gear while strength is a flat stat only affected by BoK and Zandalari buff). It is also cheaper and easier to obtain.
+8 str.

Shoulders:
+5 all resistances.
+5 fire resistance.

Cloak:
+3 agi.

Chest:
+4 all stats.

Bracers:
+9 str.

Gloves:
+1% Haste. (Se above explanation of percentage vs flat number stats).
+7str

Legs:
1% Haste.. (Se above explanation of percentage vs flat number stats).
+8 str.

Boots:
+8% run speed increase. (Mobility is alot better than 7agi).

Mainhand Weapon:
- Crusader (No question about this one).

Offhand Weapon:
- Crusader always [EDITED 2019-04-21].

2h Weapon:
- Crusader
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog:

EDIT #1: Added colors to the items listed indicating rarity (uncommon/rare/epic).
EDIT #2: Added a second with several 2h weapons, AB exalted shoulders, gloves.
EDIT #3 (2016-02-20): Added lvl50 warrior quest rewards, Abyssal BoE silithus drops to legs/shoulders and trimmed the list down since it was getting bloated.
EDIT #4 (2019-04-21): Removed 15str as a suggested OH weapon enchant. Crusader will always be superior, no matter the weapon speed. 1ppm puts crusader at an average of 25str.
EDIT #4 (2019-04-21): Made changes on some gear recommendations, added some and removed others due to research, more theory crafting and an over-all changes in the 1.12.1 warrior META over the last couple of years.The list in its current state has been adapted to fit 1.12.1 gearing choices. If Classic wow ends up using progressive itemization, disregard some of the items listed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by St0rfan on Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:17 am, edited 55 times in total.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: [GUIDE] Fury Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants

by shd » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:52 pm

Registered just to say thanks for this!

Is there a BWL BiS-List here somewhere as well?
shd
Tester

by Bioalign » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:38 pm

Thank you so much for posting this, helps me out a ton!
Bioalign
Tester

by St0rfan » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:08 pm

shd wrote:Registered just to say thanks for this!

Thank you. A BWL BiS-List would look approximately like this:

- Onyxia Tooth Pendant
- Drake Talon Pauldrons
- Onslaught Girdle
- Chromatic Boots
- Drake Fang Talisman
- Cloak of Draconic Might
- Striker's Mark
- Master Dragonslayer's Ring
- Quick Strike Ring
- Vis'kag the Bloodletter + Maladath, Runed Blade of the Black Flight

Note: The weapon combinations can vary alot though depending on Edgemasters and race. Crul'Shorukh, Doom's Edge, Cromatically Tempered Sword etc.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:09 pm

It looks great and once again I applaud you for the work you put into this, but I think for the sake of having a complete list you should include HWL and r12 gear. You could also sort from best to worst like r10 2pc being BiS for example and devilsaur = edgemaster's if you're making use of passive +5 wep skill. Some race specific stuff too would be nice, like for orcs I'd take flurry axe + frostbite over dal'rends. Also, black dragonscale set is pre-BiS if you don't pvp, though it's not practical to spend gold on since you'll have to break the set bonus eventually.

I know you don't want to go overboard since there's just too many gear combinations due to the hit cap. Though I don't see any harm in including a few pointers like the ones I mentioned above.

Btw I love how you put haste above str, it does edge out with world buffs and it's much cheaper like you mentioned. ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶2̶h̶ ̶f̶u̶r̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶M̶C̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶4̶/̶5̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶5̶/̶5̶ ̶s̶l̶a̶m̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶h̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶g̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶a̶r̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶d̶p̶s̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶p̶s̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶(̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶m̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶a̶m̶s̶t̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶W̶F̶)̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶B̶R̶E̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶u̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶w̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶B̶T̶/̶W̶W̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶o̶r̶i̶t̶y̶.̶
With a BRE since the proc is so good you might not even bother but it's useful to keep this in mind for other weapons especially something like a dark edge of insanity.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by shd » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:49 pm

St0rfan wrote:
shd wrote:Registered just to say thanks for this!

Thank you. A BWL BiS-List would look approximately like this:

- Onyxia Tooth Pendant
- Drake Talon Pauldrons
- Onslaught Girdle
- Chromatic Boots
- Drake Fang Talisman
- Cloak of Draconic Might
- Striker's Mark
- Master Dragonslayer's Ring
- Quick Strike Ring
- Vis'kag the Bloodletter + Maladath, Runed Blade of the Black Flight

Note: The weapon combinations can vary alot though depending on Edgemasters and race. Crul'Shorukh, Doom's Edge, Cromatically Tempered Sword etc.

Thank you so much! :)
shd
Tester

by St0rfan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:23 pm

vido wrote:It looks great and once again I applaud you for the work you put into this, but I think for the sake of having a complete list you should include HWL and r12 gear. You could also sort from best to worst like r10 2pc being BiS for example and devilsaur = edgemaster's if you're making use of passive +5 wep skill. Some race specific stuff too would be nice, like for orcs I'd take flurry axe + frostbite over dal'rends. Also, black dragonscale set is pre-BiS if you don't pvp, though it's not practical to spend gold on since you'll have to break the set bonus eventually.

I know you don't want to go overboard since there's just too many gear combinations due to the hit cap. Though I don't see any harm in including a few pointers like the ones I mentioned above.

Btw I love how you put haste above str, it does edge out with world buffs and it's much cheaper like you mentioned. ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶2̶h̶ ̶f̶u̶r̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶M̶C̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶4̶/̶5̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶5̶/̶5̶ ̶s̶l̶a̶m̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶h̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶g̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶a̶r̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶d̶p̶s̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶p̶s̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶(̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶m̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶a̶m̶s̶t̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶W̶F̶)̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶B̶R̶E̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶u̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶w̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶B̶T̶/̶W̶W̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶o̶r̶i̶t̶y̶.̶
With a BRE since the proc is so good you might not even bother but it's useful to keep this in mind for other weapons especially something like a dark edge of insanity.

Hello. Thank you for your input!

I have chosen not to delve too deeply into racials due to the complexity and abundant gear and weapon combinations that can be used. This list is mainly ment to give overall good pointers how to gear up pre-raid rather than presenting the absolute optimal combos available. About the HWL/GM-gear not being prescent, you are technically correct that those are indeed pre-raid (and current content) bis, but I did not include these as the likelyhood of someone obtaining Rank13/14 when they arent even pre-raid geared I see as quite low (although not impossible I guess).

EDIT: Please report the thread for sticky if you find it helpful.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Heldunder » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:59 pm

my only current issue here is that while the debuff slot # is only 8, DPS war.s arent all allowed to have deep wounds on targets, is there a good fury build without impale?
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by St0rfan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:19 pm

Heldunder wrote:my only current issue here is that while the debuff slot # is only 8, DPS war.s arent all allowed to have deep wounds on targets, is there a good fury build without impale?

Deep wounds is a low-prio-debuff meaning it should be automatically replaced by higher-prio-debuffs. As far as I know, all fury warriors are currently specced for deep wounds.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Omakaroni » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:55 pm

Hi, i'm an Orc and i don't have Edgemaster Hands.

Im currently using Thrash Blade MH and Flurry Axe OH and i'm also using HoJ.
My question is:

Should i bother getting Dal Rend combo or should i try getting Frostbite as MH, or should i just stay the way i am now :)

Thanks in advance! Great Work :)
Omakaroni
Private
Private

Next

Return to Warrior