[GUIDE] Fury Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants - EDITED

Re: [GUIDE] Fury Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants

by Phnom » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:53 pm

Tuskz wrote:I keep hearing that imp slam is a must from some higher parsing warrs for 2H fury, how would something like http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LbhxbIbZVVuz0voVo compete with the 2H build in the OP? Is imp Execute that much more important than imp slam? We're running with enough fury warrs to cover imp b shout, so I was told I don't need it, just keep that in mind.

I used a similar 2h slam build, but atleast I found that it's too laggy to actually make it work around here. I dropped the slam idea and started doing hamsterings instead, which was way more effective. This is atleast on the horde side, where you want to proc WF. No idea how it would work on alliance side.
Phnom
Private
Private

by vido » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:19 pm

Yeah, I've dropped imp slam from my 2h fury build too. Hardly worth using with a 3.4 spd BRE + server lag + swingtimer/combat log bugs. If you're going to bother with slam though, booming voice > UW dps wise.

It's still a mandatory ability to do proper arms dps though if anyone cares about that.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by MrCer » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:12 am

Undertanker wrote:Generally, if under the soft crit cap (white hits) 1crit% = 30ap 1hit% = 15ap.

If you are at or over soft crit cap (white hits) 1crit% = 15ap 1hit% = 30 ap.

How generally are we speaking? If this is the case, a pre-raid bis Fury warrior would definitely be under the soft crit cap. Meaning 1crit% = 30ap 1hit% = 15ap. And 21 agility gives 1.05% Crit(31.5 attack power) ---correct me if I am wrong.

That would mean for pre-raid bis for rings:

Tarnished Elven Ring - 15 agility and 1% hit. 15 agility is 22.5 attack power and 1% hit is 15 AP.
Tarnished Elven Ring gives approximately 37.5 attack power.

Blackstone Ring - 20 Attack Power and 1% hit(15 attack power).
Blackstone Ring gives approximately 35 attack power.

Going off of the BiS Ring slot choices, Tarnished Elven ring would give you more DPS than Blackstone ring if your aspect ratio for Crit::AP is correct.

If this is not correct, than is there a source with accurate stat weights?
MrCer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vido » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:39 am

The only reasonably accurate source for stat weights would be the stickied spreadsheet (check out Sulfuras' sheet too) :D Be aware though that it's a rather simplified simulation (only applies well to patchwerk-like encounters) and still needs work on rotations and cooldown stacking with stuff like reck/flask/etc. + cleave dps and more.

Anyway stat weights are wildy dependant on your current gear, buffs, racials. Undertanker gave fairly accurate values for a warrior with a world buff or two however hit looks undervalued, in most cases it would be closer to 20-23 ap if your crit is valued at 30 below crit cap.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Phnom » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:22 pm

MrCer wrote:
Undertanker wrote:Generally, if under the soft crit cap (white hits) 1crit% = 30ap 1hit% = 15ap.

If you are at or over soft crit cap (white hits) 1crit% = 15ap 1hit% = 30 ap.

How generally are we speaking? If this is the case, a pre-raid bis Fury warrior would definitely be under the soft crit cap. Meaning 1crit% = 30ap 1hit% = 15ap. And 21 agility gives 1.05% Crit(31.5 attack power) ---correct me if I am wrong.

That would mean for pre-raid bis for rings:

Tarnished Elven Ring - 15 agility and 1% hit. 15 agility is 22.5 attack power and 1% hit is 15 AP.
Tarnished Elven Ring gives approximately 37.5 attack power.

Blackstone Ring - 20 Attack Power and 1% hit(15 attack power).
Blackstone Ring gives approximately 35 attack power.

Going off of the BiS Ring slot choices, Tarnished Elven ring would give you more DPS than Blackstone ring if your aspect ratio for Crit::AP is correct.

If this is not correct, than is there a source with accurate stat weights?

First off, all that you really need to know is that hit will not be as good as crit or AP once you are above 9% hit. (This is for dualwield (DW) warriors. 2h warriors are yellow- and white-hit-capped at 9% hit and value crit alot due to the need of uptime on Flurry)
When you are at 9% hit, you're yellow-hit capped. Your yellow hits will not miss bosses. Up to this point, hit is very valueable. However, after 9% hit, adding more hit will not help your yellow hit, only your white hits. And as follows, hit will be less valueable after this point.

To give you my view on the agility vs attackpower(str):

Agility is nothing you should be stacking on a warrior imo, since you will be getting a lot crit from world buffs. AP is easier to stack and is a flat DPS increase at all times. 15 agility is surely 0.75% crit, but I would say that 1% crit is at best valued more like 20 AP rather than 30 AP. Some warriors even choose to swap bracers with crit/agility and hit for the Wristguards of Stability to increase their AP. Another example where people choose AP over crit is where one uses the Malfurion's Blessed Bulwark (80 AP, chest item) over items with crit, such as the Runed Bloodstained Hauberk which would have 58 AP + 1 crit = 88 AP (assuming 1 crit indeed is valued as 30 AP).

And finally the rings, if you have 7-8-9% hit and you have the two ring slots to fill up, choosing from 2x Tarnished Elven Ring and a Blackstone Ring and every possible combo of these items (2x Tarnished or 1x Tarnished + Blackstone) you are gonna reach 9-10-11% hit either way. (9% hit for DW is nothing you want to have, Id say that 10% is minimum or you would hate your life after a raid) In my opinion, go for 1x Tarnished and 1x Blackstone. 20 AP is solid 20 AP. This is especially true if you are having a total of =< 9% hit since you are as a DW warrior very likely to be crit capped with world buffs at that low hit rating.

BTW, I would really love to get a discussion going about which one out of Hit, Crit or AP one should choose after 9% hit as a DW warrior.

I would personally go for 11% hit with the current gear available, and after that value 20 AP over 1 crit because AP boosts every hit/crit/glancing.
Phnom
Private
Private

by Mutolisk » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:15 am

Hi guys!
I am human warrior. Have edgemasters.
Have 2 DB and Viskag.

I have 3 questions:
1. Is it nessesary to have 315 weapon skill or just 310 vs 63 lvl mobs?

2. What is BIS weapon choice for human?
Viskag MH / Maladath OH [+-Edgemasters]
Viskag MH / CTS OH [+-Edgemasters]
Viskag MH / Brutality Blade [+-Edgemasters]

3. Is it nessesary to have OH more slowly then MH (to avoid the flurry procs + HOJ from OH?)
Mutolisk
Tester

by St0rfan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:34 pm

Mutolisk wrote:Hi guys!
Have 2 DB and Viskag.

I have 3 questions:

3. Is it nessesary to have OH more slowly then MH (to avoid the flurry procs + HOJ from OH?)

1. Cap is 315. If you can reach it, try to do it.

2. Approximately like this (not counting TF because... duh?):
Rank14 2.9speed sword + Rank14 2.9 speed sword + Edgemasters.
Viskag+CTS+Edgemasters
Viskag+maladath+Edgemasters
CTS+maladath+Edgemasters

3. You should aim to get an OH of the same speed as your MH because apparently then your OH wont consume your last flurry charge essentially giving you "1 free charge".
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Mutolisk » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:12 pm

St0rfan wrote:
Have 2 DB and Viskag.

I have 3 questions:

Viskag+CTS+Edgemasters
CTS+maladath+Edgemasters

3. You should aim to get an OH of the same speed as your MH because apparently then your OH wont consume your last flurry charge essentially giving you "1 free charge".

Thanks for answering.

I can reach skill cap 315 only with maladath but in your case Viskag + Maladath is under Viskag + CTS then a new question:

Whats better?
1. Viskag(2.60) + Maladath(2.20) + Edge = 316 skill [but OH without stats and faster MH]
2. Viskag(2.60) + CTS(2.60) + Edge = 312 skill [-3 skill cap but same attack speed + OH stats]
Mutolisk
Tester

by dootdootdoot » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:33 pm

Mutolisk wrote:
St0rfan wrote:
Have 2 DB and Viskag.

I have 3 questions:

Viskag+CTS+Edgemasters
CTS+maladath+Edgemasters

Thanks for answering.

I can reach skill cap 315 only with maladath but in your case Viskag + Maladath is under Viskag + CTS then a new question:

Whats better?
1. Viskag(2.60) + Maladath(2.20) + Edge = 316 skill [but OH without stats and faster MH]
2. Viskag(2.60) + CTS(2.60) + Edge = 312 skill [-3 skill cap but same attack speed + OH stats]

CTS MH + Maladath OH + edge
dootdootdoot
Grunt
Grunt

by Arucado » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:35 pm

What do you prefer on main hand as human, Viskaj or Ironfoe?
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior