Tank Resist Gear

Re: Tank Resist Gear

by MrCer » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:58 pm

Question regarding fire resistance. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Defense cap is 440 (300+ 140)
hardcap for resistance is 315(60 buffed + 255)

Prior to doing any boss attempts in MC and onyxia, how much resist/def should I have unbuffed?
MrCer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Monga » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:30 pm

In a fight that "requires" the cap etc ragnaros and vael, you dont actually need to be def capped. But your numbers are correct.
Monga
Grunt
Grunt

by St0rfan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:56 pm

MrCer wrote:Question regarding fire resistance. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Defense cap is 440 (300+ 140)
hardcap for resistance is 315(60 buffed + 255)

Prior to doing any boss attempts in MC and onyxia, how much resist/def should I have unbuffed?

You can make up for the lack of fire resist by grabbing the FR buff from UBRS mobs by having a priest MC it. Personaly, I have Tanked Ragnaros with about 125-150 FR from gear and the rest provided by buffs/totems/UBRS buff.

Monga wrote:In a fight that "requires" the cap etc ragnaros and vael, you dont actually need to be def capped. But your numbers are correct.

Does Vael require FR gear? I dont recall it being like that on feenix?
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Monga » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:27 pm

No on feenix you didn't, I used Fr for a very long time and it worked fine, but when I started using my (full t2), that also worked just fine so. But due to the massive buffing of dmg on ED, id assume that it would even out on that server. Here I didn't use Fr gear on our very first vael attempt on PTR, and I got one shot, so I've been using it since then (I had just dinged 60 when ptr was released, so my gear was so bad). So I'm sure you can use normal gear on vael here aswell, think one of our tanks does that actually.
Monga
Grunt
Grunt

by Undertanker » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:17 pm

FR trinket, blazing medallion. 15 fr, click to use, reduce fire damage taken and increases fr. Should always be paired with onxyia trink on rag.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by JCarrill0 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:28 pm

Monga wrote:If you got time, it would be cool if you could list them in bis and going down for each slot, would be alot nicer. Nevertheless good job.

It's pretty much set that way... But if you read the bottom of each post, you don't need all of that gear for BiS.
Problazer wrote:Yea listing them per slot for each resist category would make it a lot easier to read. Put the BIS at the top then alternates.

If you read each one it's pretty easy to figure out what slot they are for. If not you can click on every time for a link to the database they are taken from.
As for alternates. Using those over the one I listed above puts you either over or under, thus are set as alternates considering those listed above put you right where you need to be.
BiS will not be as accurate considering if you put all the gear on, you don't need all of it.
Undertanker wrote:FR trinket, blazing medallion. 15 fr, click to use, reduce fire damage taken and increases fr. Should always be paired with onxyia trink on rag.

If this post is on the topic, then I have those posted do I not?
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zmandude24 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:32 am

What bosses require what resistances? I'm an experienced TBC tank and am MT of my current guild, but little vanilla experience and it would be nice to know what to gear up in advance so I know what items to prioritize getting.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Fudwicket » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:11 pm

zmandude24 wrote:What bosses require what resistances? I'm an experienced TBC tank and am MT of my current guild, but little vanilla experience and it would be nice to know what to gear up in advance so I know what items to prioritize getting.

Prioritize Fire Resistance gear. You won't need Nature until AQ40 and Frost until Naxx, but if you get some good pieces - hang onto them.

Baron Geddon and Ragnaros in MC need full Fire Resistance - there are also some trash mobs that are easier with FR gear, but not necessary.

A few select bosses in BWL where FR gear helps, but also not necessary. Personally, I equip a couple Dark Iron pieces for Vael and have been playing around with a few pieces on the 3 drakes, but it's not really necessary. A lot of your T1/T2 gear will have a bit of FR and when combined with buffs / totems / auras, is generally enough to cover what's needed.

You will need your Onyxia Scale Cloak for the 3 drakes and Nef.
Fudd <Edema Ruh>
Fudwicket
Grunt
Grunt

by St0rfan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:15 am

Fudwicket wrote:
zmandude24 wrote:What bosses require what resistances? I'm an experienced TBC tank and am MT of my current guild, but little vanilla experience and it would be nice to know what to gear up in advance so I know what items to prioritize getting.

Prioritize Fire Resistance gear. You won't need Nature until AQ40 and Frost until Naxx, but if you get some good pieces - hang onto them.

Baron Geddon and Ragnaros in MC need full Fire Resistance - there are also some trash mobs that are easier with FR gear, but not necessary.

A few select bosses in BWL where FR gear helps, but also not necessary. Personally, I equip a couple Dark Iron pieces for Vael and have been playing around with a few pieces on the 3 drakes, but it's not really necessary. A lot of your T1/T2 gear will have a bit of FR and when combined with buffs / totems / auras, is generally enough to cover what's needed.

You will need your Onyxia Scale Cloak for the 3 drakes and Nef.

Pretty much on point. I have tanked Geddon and Ragnaros with 180ish FR unbuffed, doable but not recommended as the damage gets very spiky and hard to handle for healers. I would also recommend getting 255FR unbuffed for these bosses.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Basics11 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:41 pm

I would tend to disagree that you need any FR for Baron.
Basics11
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior