2x Deathbringer or BWL Axes?

2x Deathbringer or BWL Axes?

by Baalls » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:48 am

Given that flurry gives you the extra speed for weapons with similar speed. Which is better for a fury warrior?
Baalls
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: 2x Deathbringer or BWL Axes?

by Armilus » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Well...

Deathbringer MH vs Crul'Shorukh MH

DB is 6.4 dps lower but 19 higher average damage for your overpower and WW.
Crul has +36 AP which means it's 8.7 higher DPS on white attacks and 14 lower damage on overpower/WW. It's also 16 higher damage on your bloodthirst.

Since white damage and BT make up the bulk of your damage and overpower/WW is a fairly small portion, Crul is probably better. It comes down to the weapon proc on DB.

Deathbringer OH vs Doom's Edge OH

DB is 3dps higher (because OH damage reduction) but Doom's edge has .8% crit and 18 AP.

Again, aside from the proc on DB, doom's edge is certainly better so it comes down to the proc rate.

I'm pretty sure Crul + Doom's Edge is better. Try using the Recap addon with Deathbringer x2 and see what percentage of your damage is coming from the weapon proc, should give you a better idea.

Either way, keep the Deathbringerx2 if you have it, put life stealing on them and swap when ever a mob (or chromag) in BWL is vulnerable to shadow :P
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Deadletter » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:30 pm

Armilus wrote:put life stealing on them

Life stealing? Is that a good thing to enchant weapons with or were you joking? Honestly asking.
Deadletter
Private
Private

by Armilus » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:06 pm

Deadletter wrote:

Life stealing? Is that a good thing to enchant weapons with or were you joking? Honestly asking.

It's shadow damage so mobs that are vulnerable to shadow in BWL take something like 4x more damage from it. It also has a fairly high proc chance. Since the DB procs are shadow damage, they will also do 4x damage from the DB proc. Once you replace Deathbringer x 2 with Crul'Shorukh and Doom's Edge, you could hold onto your DB's and put life stealing on them specifically for this purpose.

Chromaggus is always vulnerable to one spell type and it changes during the encounter, when he's vulnerable to shadow you could switch to your DB's until the vulnerability changes again.

Some of the trash mobs have a random vulnerability, as soon as you know one is vulnerable to shadow, you could switch to your DB x 2.

Aside from this special case, I would never put lifestealing on DPS weapons for raiding.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Deadletter » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:55 pm

Armilus wrote:
Deadletter wrote:

It's shadow damage so mobs that are vulnerable to shadow in BWL take something like 4x more damage from it. Aside from this special case, I would never put lifestealing on DPS weapons for raiding.

Thanks for the clarification.
Deadletter
Private
Private

by vido » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:59 pm

Why not try the spreadsheet? Horde side atleast DB is better than a crul outside of execute phase however you'll want to swap back to something faster sub 20 or otherwise crul would end up on top overall.

The extra flurry charge only worked with two same speed weapons however this is not the case on this server, there's a built in delay between swings preventing this retail bug from happening.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Baalls » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:08 pm

vido wrote: The extra flurry charge only worked with two same speed weapons however this is not the case on this server, there's a built in delay between swings preventing this retail bug from happening.

Do you have a source?
Baalls
Sergeant
Sergeant

by vido » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:46 pm

I've tested myself and it's very obvious if you've ever payed attention to your swings while dual wielding same speed weapons.

I even tried to get a 4th flurry charge for an hour or so despite this fact, but it never happened as one would expect. I've also made a thread about it.
Last edited by vido on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Deadletter » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:53 pm

vido wrote:I've tested myself and it's very obvious if you've ever payed attention to your swings while dual wielding same speed weapons.

Didn't someone create an addon that tracks your melee attacks for optimum slam usage (to avoid interrupting your auto attack) because character animations are wildly inaccurate?
Deadletter
Private
Private

by vido » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:58 pm

There's quite a few addons for that like sp_swingtimer, attackbar etc. I can't imagine anyone using character animations. Even with a swingtimer it can be a pain to track in a raid since the combat log trigger doesn't work every other swing for some reason. You have to either Slam after the timer expires or in some situations pray for it to pick up a new swing and react to it. I can recall maybe one Flamegore fight where this bug never happened and I could go ham with slams and do decent damage.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Warrior