Ironfoe

Re: Ironfoe

by St0rfan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:02 am

Ivory wrote:So what's a good OH to combine with that ironfoe, since i'm human a sword or a mace can be gud, maladath?

Maladath would literally be the worst OH possible if you use Ironfoe in MH. You should use something with stats on OH.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:43 am

Ivory wrote:So what's a good OH to combine with that ironfoe, since i'm human a sword or a mace can be gud, maladath?

For OH (human): CTS>HWL Sword>Brutality Blade>Warblade of the Hakkari>Maladath>CHT>Crul

While you're farming Ironfoe, replace that claw asap with ZG set swords. They're on par with CTS+Maladath for pure single target and for cleave fights any BWL/Onyxia/MC sword MH will be a huge upgrade. Even something like a maladath stuck in your mainhand will work a lot better than a claw due to your racial.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ivory » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:47 am

Ok thanks for your answer vido, so as i can see, ZG oh is better than crul', can you explain me why ? Because sword (305) ?

Another question, will it be worth it to have edgemaster only for my OH ? (since Ironfoe is a mace main hand)
Ivory
Private
Private

by St0rfan » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:43 pm

Ivory wrote:Ok thanks for your answer vido, so as i can see, ZG oh is better than crul', can you explain me why ? Because sword (305) ?

Another question, will it be worth it to have edgemaster only for my OH ? (since Ironfoe is a mace main hand)

No, it is not worth using Edgemasters if you use Ironfoe.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ivory » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:20 pm

Hello, just got Ironfoe after 135 runs!!! Dat feel good to be over!

For OH (human): CTS>HWL Sword>Brutality Blade>Warblade of the Hakkari>Maladath>CHT>Crul

While you're farming Ironfoe, replace that claw asap with ZG set swords. They're on par with CTS+Maladath for pure single target and for cleave fights any BWL/Onyxia/MC sword MH will be a huge upgrade. Even something like a maladath stuck in your mainhand will work a lot better than a claw due to your racial.

So about this, how is felstriker between this weapon oh rank?

And Ironfoe is as good in cleave than in single target?

Thanks.
Ivory
Private
Private

by St0rfan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:09 am

Ivory wrote:Hello, just got Ironfoe after 135 runs!!! Dat feel good to be over!

Thanks.

As far as pre-raid goes, Felstriker is probably one of the best options but the proc-rate being rather low (I've been told) I'm guessing it will be replaced by the first raid weapons available.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:22 am

As soon as I update the spreadsheet, you'll be able to tell for yourself where felstriker stands.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by St0rfan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:40 am

vido wrote:As soon as I update the spreadsheet, you'll be able to tell for yourself where felstriker stands.

How did you calculate the proc-rate? There is no visible buff to run thru proc-watch on this server.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:41 pm

The proc rate was apparently 4% on retail which would give roughly a proc every 35-40s in the offhand. It doesn't seem to be too far off that on Nostalrius so I'll go with that for now.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Heldunder » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:55 pm

St0rfan wrote:
Ivory wrote:Hello, just got Ironfoe after 135 runs!!! Dat feel good to be over!

Thanks.

As far as pre-raid goes, Felstriker is probably one of the best options but the proc-rate being rather low (I've been told) I'm guessing it will be replaced by the first raid weapons available.

from what ive seen using that combination is that felstriker offhand proc rate is terrible.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior