+Defense Changes

+Defense Changes

by Problazer » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:11 pm

I haven't logged in for long since the latest patch but it appears the Defense stat one some of my items has changed. Do we have a list of what items were effected?
Problazer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: +Defense Changes

by Faustz » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:52 pm

There is nothing in the 1.8 notes. I'm guessing that anything that was changed is probably things they missed from the massive 1.7 change. If you have a specific example I can confirm.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.7.0
We have determined that the defense statistic was being applied to items too liberally, causing those items to be stronger than they should have been relative to other items of the same level with different effects. As a result, we have reduced the amount of defense points on all items with bonuses to defense by approximately 33% in order to bring those items in line with other similar items.
Faustz
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dowas77 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:26 pm

Delete your WDB and see for yourself.
Dowas77
Tester

by snowtime » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:58 pm

seems like azuregoes's girdle is still in its prenerfed state
snowtime
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Thebrother » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Yes, alot of your prebis items took about a 30% hit to defense stat. Delete your WDB folder. Can't find any epics that have changed.
Thebrother
Grunt
Grunt

by Problazer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:09 pm

Looks like Force of Will got reduced from 10 to 7 def this week. Draconian is also now 10 if it wasn't already.
Problazer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by metagame » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:04 pm

Redoubt Cloak is now 7 def.
Blockchain - night elf warrior
Meta - gnome warlock
metagame
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:26 pm

Legplates of the Eternal Guardian are down from 22 to 15 as well.

All in all, the tank gear I have in my bags/bank lost about 22 defense points. Good thing I rarely use it nowadays since I've found out using my pvp set is good enough for 5 mans (at least LBRS level or so) in terms of mitigation, even with 0 defense, and that the threat I dish out in it is substantially better
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Heldunder » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:39 pm

yes, now with ZG out, non-40 man raiding guilds can get decetn gear out of there to replace the items that lost def. and pvp gear actually supplements very well due to the very high stam.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Warrior